DVDVR Message Board

New Japan gets TV deal in US

GOTNW

Oh hell yeah, Barnett's crazy ass sells it for me. Now if CMLL could just get their shit together and run their shows in real time instead of backlog...

I wonder what matches they're gonna show. Surely a couple showcases to get over the stars before they switch to the fresh stuff, if they decide to keep on after the initial run.

Fingers crossed for Nakamura vs Ibushi getting a spot on the show. Really curious to see that with English commentary.

I remember absolutely losing it when Ibushi kicked out at 1 and basically went all "FUCK YOU" to Nak

so I'd like to see how the announce team react to that particular moment. 

I assume in the end it will be a big swerve and they'll use Dan Lovransky and that other guy they used for the Tokyo Pop FMW stuff and just make things up and mix it badly, so you can't hear the in-ring audio.

• Like 2

Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. Then again it could be even worse... they could hire Missy Hyatt like on the Japanese Hardcore Wrestling DVDs!

Seriously though, Mauro for play-by-play and Warmaster on color is a great pair. Mauro unbeknownst to me called pro in Stampede and All-Star Wrestling in Vancouver to start his career so he already has experience beyond the MMA leagues. So does Michael Schiavello, who I'm surprised isn't in the position. He was good doing Dream when they had pro matches and would make a great addition.

Not liking Mauro as the main announcer. Recently whenever he's discussed pro wrestling, it's with some distain in his voice. I don't need to see another announcer who doesn't give a shit about doing a good job, and just wants the paycheque.

He did start out as a wrestling announcer. I remember him calling the Stampede re-boot in the 1990's, and he was good, because he was passionate about it. Not sure if he's still passionate about wrestling these days.

Mauro used to appear on The Score (now Sportsnet 360) during their Right After Wrestling shows with Renee Paquette (Young) and Jimmy Korderas, and he shit on pretty much everything they did every week, and he eventually was replaced or quit. If he's hoping NJPW leads to something bigger, he better hope nobody in WWE remembers his stint on that show. :)

He did start out as a wrestling announcer. I remember him calling the Stampede re-boot in the 1990's, and he was good, because he was passionate about it. Not sure if he's still passionate about wrestling these days.

Mauro used to appear on The Score (now Sportsnet 360) during their Right After Wrestling shows with Renee Paquette (Young) and Jimmy Korderas, and he shit on pretty much everything they did every week, and he eventually was replaced or quit. If he's hoping NJPW leads to something bigger, he better hope nobody in WWE remembers his stint on that show. :)

To be fair, he's already on something bigger anyways. He calls Showtime Boxing as well.