DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-17-14

MGFanJay

I'm hoping with a card that barely has three matches on it means the return of the classic random Survivor Series matches. C'mon, Haitch, show your love for the old school!

Who is really left to fill out a classic Survivor Series match with? Gotta think there'll be a divas Survivor match as well

Adam Rose

Justin Gabriel/The Bunny

Tyson Kidd

Big E.

Xavier Woods

Kofi Kingston

Cesaro

Hunico

Fandango

Heath Slater

R-Truth

Ryback

Sin Cara

Titus O'Neil

Not to mention Sheamus, who's seemingly off the card now. Then you have the guys from NXT who travel with the main roster (Neville, Zayn, Ascension).

I missed like the first half of the show because I fell asleep. Aside from a rather rushed Ziggler loss it doesn't look like I missed too much. Saw the tail end of Ryback vs. Cesaro. That was a fun match. THE BIG GUY has managed to do the impossible and come back to life after horrible WWE booking seemingly killed him dead.

The Authority are the best non-faces in the company. I want to root for Mark Henry, Rusev, Harper, and Rollins. Stephanie and Triple H are essentially Dusty Rhodes in any number of loser leaves town matches where the numbers were against him. Assuming they lose (which less face it will probably happen), Steph and Triple H coming back as The Midnight Rider & Elizabeth Reed would be so amazing.

There is no one redeeming thing about John Cena and wanting to see him win. Look what he did to his own team. He let them get slaughtered. He's worse than Hogan because at least Hogan would have run down to save them (after they got their asses kicked).

Poor Grumpy Cat just wanted to sleep. I sympathized with her.

The contract signing thing was so drawn out. Cena straight up buried everyone on Team Authority and it would be pretty funny if all the eliminations happened in that order. Rowan dropping the creepy backwoods guy thing to join Cena was pretty damn random (well I assume they dropped that). Fun brawl at the end but outside of Ambrose vs. Wyatt there is nothing really at The Survivor Series that I want to see.

Plus these people still don't know how to market the network. ITS FREE. I wanna see the numbers for people who signed up for the free ppv and then cancelled soon after. Of course the WWE would spin it as LOOK AT ALL THESE SUBSCRIBERS.

I actually DROPPED the Network at the beginning of the free month. The WWE has the stink of desperation about it right now. The "free PPV" thing will only work if they can make people give a shit about the PPV's and right now, that seems to be the biggest problem they have. I cam back when Punk dropped a pipe bomb and left when Bryan did. I LOVE wrestling, but I don't know what the hell they are doing right now.

• Like 1

Ziggler landing on his knees after the powerbomb escape looked really painful. Too bad Ziggler just dropped the belt after a series of pretty cool matches with Cesaro. Although I can get behind the idea of Luke Harper as IC champion.

Cesaro needs to do something interesting. Let him turn face or something so he can use the swing again. He is slowly becoming worthless without any noteworthy wins. 

Liked Ryback-Cesaro. If nothing else, Cesaro's a lock to have an enjoyable match on WWE TV; he's my current favorite WWE wrestler.

Heath Slater borrowed Xavier Woods' old ring gear.

I would have laughed so hard if the payoff to Sheamus-Show had been a time-limit draw(also ensuring that neither gets a title shot), THEN they did the heel beatdown.

How hard could it be to put together some surviro series teams? They could put together a NXT team and have them face off against the midcarders who do jobs on NXT, that's one match right there and it took me 3 seconds to think of it.

When there were "traditional" SS matches, did all of the participants have heat with each other, or was that mostly for the main eventers? If there needs to be no heat, then they could so easily put together something...

At this point there are three things getting me through Raw:

1. Kofi hypnotically shaking his head from all different camera angles in that New Day vignette.

2. Half-enjoying the progression of the Bunny-Adam Rose storyline ( because "Hey! A storyline that lasts for few weeks!") and hoping it leads anywhere other than Vince has a chubby for the bunny.

3. Happy Tyson Kidd is back on Raw and being presented as competitive. I really enjoyed Tyson not holding down the rope to let Natalia out at the end of the match.  Tyson does so many little things that are entertaining.

When there were "traditional" SS matches, did all of the participants have heat with each other, or was that mostly for the main eventers? If there needs to be no heat, then they could so easily put together something...

Most of the time, it was three or four separate feuds combined into one match with MAYBE a bit of crossover; usually main-event feud, tag feud, and midcard feud.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed Raw for a third week in a row. Sort of surprised to see how much everyone hated it. Rowan joining team Cena surprised the hell out of me. I like it. Dude is a hard worker and I think he can be a modern day George the Animal Steel.

I see some people talking about Cesaro being on team Authority now. I thought it was just a goof to fuck with Cena and Cesaro wasn't joining either team.

• Like 2

The Cesaro thing seemed like it was to troll smarks crying about Cesaro's position on the card and lack of face turn post-WrestleMania as much as it was to troll Cena.

SWERVE ASSHOLES IT'S ERICK ROWAN. BACK TO THE MIDCARD FOR YOUR BOY.

• Like 1

Was anyone else wondering why Stephanie was wearing earrings in the shape of Africa or is it just me? Is she going to start appearing in the New Day vignettes? Can she start being billed from Deepest, Darkest Africa and wear a variation of Akeem's ring gear?

I didn't watch Raw yet (I just catch the replay on Hulu Plus these days), but that gif made me crack up at work. Wow. Mizdow takes dedication to a whole other level.

Also, Christ, Rowan? Really? Ugh.

The only thing that matters is that Luke Harper started over with a brand new T-shirt and it's already yellow.

No that's his classic yellow stained wife beater that has even been re-sewn after being torn off..  I'm pretty sure he just leaves it out on the top of the semi trucks between shows to season it.

Awesome Harper match, congrats to Luke for getting his first title!

And yeah that Sandow spot above was fn hilarious, loved that spot

In the contract signing the way Cena said "Seth Rollins, the bleached blond brunette, with a FETISH....for leather!"  cracked the fuck up

I really hope Mizdow gets a good push after this gimmick runs its course. Talk about taking a steaming pile of crap gimmick and turning it into one of the top 3 parts of the show most weeks...

Rowan in singles matches scares me. The dude is just... not good. And not even in a Ryback "not good" kinda way. 

Harper as IC champ is awesome. I wish Dolph would have gotten a longer run but Harper as the champion makes sense and is at least fresh. I feel like the last 4 years they have just shuffled the IC and US belts back and forth between the same half dozen guys (Kofi, Barrett, Dolph, Miz, etc.) so at least we have two "newer" acts with the IC and US belts. 

I know Nikki has always been the, uh, curvier Bella, but lately... daaaamn.