DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-17-14

MGFanJay

Most of the show was completely skippable. Harper had a GREAT Powerbomb on Dolph.

That elimination tag at Survivor Series looks awful on paper. At least half of those guys I have zero interest in watching wrestle.

I was hoping for a big surprise to close the show & get people excited for the PPV & instead we got Erik Rowan. *slaps head*

I guess the secret to Raw is skipping the first 10-15 minutes than watching the first hour or so and the last ten minutes or so because I LOVED this show.

-Thought Dolph-Harper was really fun with Harper displaying all his godly power offence and Dolph bouncing around like a superball.  Also loved the ending coming out of nowhere to give Harper the title.  I'd be pretty happy if next week instead of the white belt with the championship plate on it, it was like an old dirty coat tied around his waist with the plate on it.  I will also accept the belt having ketchup and mustard stains on it.

-Loved Michael Cole being hip and referring to "Grumpy the Cat" when the movie is CALLED "Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever" (Which, FTR, I am DVRing).

-Rose-Kidd was perfectly serviceable.  I liked the bunny's repeated, disturbing thrusting.  Capped off by Michael Cole saying something like "That's a great segway to WRESTLEMANIA!" which I inferred to mean something about WWE screwing its viewers or something.

-Ambrose getting the upper hand on Wyatt was nice.  I still love Wyatt's promos.  I don't care if he's not actively saying anything, he says it so well that I still find it riveting.  I keep hoping some director is watching Raw one week and goes "Hey, that guy sounds awesome, I'm gonna make put him in my movie" and then he'll exclusively do movies and internet fans will bitch "I miss the good old days when Bray Wyatt wrestled then he went to do movies" like they did with The Rock (Because, contrary to popular belief/historical revisionism, internet fans were totally SICK of The Rock by the time he left and were happy when he did movies, it was only after he left and Triple H became the top guy that people lamented the Rock leaving and wanted him back).  I only wish that Ambrose had picked up and put on Wyatt's hat then paced around holding the lantern while Bray Wyatt sold being angered by this.  Because that would make me laugh.

-Thought Cesaro-Ryback was pretty good but was booked poorly.  Fans wanted to see Ryback steamroll someone.  They should have done Ryback vs. Kane/Mercury/Noble and him plant the two stooges while Kane ran away.

-I turned the show back on just as Cena was wrapping up his comedy (Did he make a swamp joke about Stephanie? What was that?) and Stephanie slapped him.  I thought this was a pretty strongly-booked go-home show because it brought some big time pops which is what your go-home show should do so that when you show recaps on their zillion other shows, you hear big pops and it seems more important.  First you had the big pop for Dolph, then the solid one for Show.  Then the surprised but huge pop for Erick Rowan (To be fair, I missed the earlier promo where he stole a stuffed cat) was actually really awesome...plus I'd rather watch him than Sheamus.  Then the surprised pop for Cesaro only for the actually really funny swerve of him not joining the team.  Then the monster pop for Ryback.  It's kinda funny how easy it is to book someone like Ryback (Big dude, steamroll guys, shout catchphrases, repeat) that Ryback can go from being bumped down the card and settling into a meandering mid-card team that seldom wins into a main event in the span of a couple months.  

It's also kinda funny how WWE cannot, for the life of them, figure out how to book the easiest thing in the world (The way they just didn't "get" the Goldberg push and bring him in and have him steamroll guys for a couple months before being defeated).  Really, it's kinda fascinating: they can book a guy who can barely speak English perfectly (Rusev), a guy who doesn't really look athletic but has charisma well (Ambrose), a guy who's not aces on the mic and has a face-like offence as a dirtbag heel (Rollins) and other guys with obvious flaws over the years into top spots and do all of that quite skillfully, but they can't get the easiest booking call down pat.  OUTSIDER: "I know how you book that guy, have him beat everyone quickly with his big moves in a couple minutes then after a while have him have more and more competitive matches until finally someone gets the rub from defeating him a ways down the line." WWE WRITER: *Scripts him to do a 20-minute competitive match on Raw, then a loss, followed by a nonsensical heel turn*

• Like 1

Where's Raw next week? I hope it's somewhere far north/northeast.

I give you the internet quote of the evening. From someone on my Facebook:

"What the hell is that weird reality they show after RAW about that angry gay man and his family. :/"

EDIT: whoops, I wrote "who" instead of "what" initially. The rest of the syntax is unchanged.

• Like 2

Also, if I was on Team Cena my first question would be "Can I trust you, John?" because really.. where the FUCK was he all night? His teammates are dropping like flies and he's pacing around the locker room.

He's clearly the one person on Earth who is enamored by Raw every week. So what if his partners are in danger? HE'S GOT TO BE A LOYAL MEMBER OF THE WWE UNIVERSE AND WATCH RAW.

Lana's attempt at trolling was just sad because nobody bought it.

I laughed because she does have quite a few topless photos out there.

Also, if I was on Team Cena my first question would be "Can I trust you, John?" because really.. where the FUCK was he all night? His teammates are dropping like flies and he's pacing around the locker room.

He's clearly the one person on Earth who is enamored by Raw every week. So what if his partners are in danger? HE'S GOT TO BE A LOYAL MEMBER OF THE WWE UNIVERSE AND WATCH RAW.

Lana's attempt at trolling was just sad because nobody bought it.

I laughed because she does have quite a few topless photos out there.

Rusev you got any topless pics of Lana? Would you like some?

Glad to see Rowan's not left out so he and Harper both go on to be the main eventers of the group, for one PPV at least. Harper/Ziggler was pretty good, I imagine they could have a solid feud over the IC title if it continues. Ryback/Cesaro got real good too which is always nice to see. Thought they did a good job making the main event seem important but the rest of the card doesn't seem much at all. They kept going on about the most important survivor series in history and everything changing. Imagining Team Cena wins possibly with Orton interference, especially since there's been so many heel on top closing of the last few PPVs.

I missed like the first half of the show because I fell asleep. Aside from a rather rushed Ziggler loss it doesn't look like I missed too much. Saw the tail end of Ryback vs. Cesaro. That was a fun match. THE BIG GUY has managed to do the impossible and come back to life after horrible WWE booking seemingly killed him dead.

The Authority are the best non-faces in the company. I want to root for Mark Henry, Rusev, Harper, and Rollins. Stephanie and Triple H are essentially Dusty Rhodes in any number of loser leaves town matches where the numbers were against him. Assuming they lose (which less face it will probably happen), Steph and Triple H coming back as The Midnight Rider & Elizabeth Reed would be so amazing.

There is no one redeeming thing about John Cena and wanting to see him win. Look what he did to his own team. He let them get slaughtered. He's worse than Hogan because at least Hogan would have run down to save them (after they got their asses kicked).

Poor Grumpy Cat just wanted to sleep. I sympathized with her.

The contract signing thing was so drawn out. Cena straight up buried everyone on Team Authority and it would be pretty funny if all the eliminations happened in that order. Rowan dropping the creepy backwoods guy thing to join Cena was pretty damn random (well I assume they dropped that). Fun brawl at the end but outside of Ambrose vs. Wyatt there is nothing really at The Survivor Series that I want to see.

Plus these people still don't know how to market the network. ITS FREE. I wanna see the numbers for people who signed up for the free ppv and then cancelled soon after. Of course the WWE would spin it as LOOK AT ALL THESE SUBSCRIBERS.

I'm hoping with a card that barely has three matches on it means the return of the classic random Survivor Series matches. C'mon, Haitch, show your love for the old school!

Who is really left to fill out a classic Survivor Series match with? Gotta think there'll be a divas Survivor match as well

What was memorable about this show:

1) The bunny boinking Adam Rose.

2) Grumpy Cat

3) Mizdow

What this show made very hard to remember:

1) Why I'm paying $9.99 a month.

2) Why I'm still recording Raw for free.

3) Why I switched to Comcast when I used to get this shit over with so much faster because Dish showed USA at East Coast time.