DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

The women's elimination tag was messy at times but I was mostly happy with the outcomes.  Glad to see Naomi shine and Emma not get eliminated.  Kidd's douchey post-match celebration was only magnified by the fact that Nattie didn't score any eliminations herself.

That was nice as well regarding Kidd and Nattie.  There was a lot to like about the women's SS match but it is a shame the announcers crapped all over it.  Would it have hurt to put a little effort into it?

I thought the announcing last night was terrible. Particularly during the women's match. Either the match was a disorganized mess where nothing made sense or the divas were trying to tell a story which the announcers chose to ignore.

What cracks me up about the announcing is that there is no distinction between weekly television and a ppv. While the announcing is annoying on a Raw there is some logic (which i disagree with) why they are constantly reminding people who the wrestlers are, what happened last month, last week, etc. People are flipping channels and it is entirely possible someone watching missed the beginning of the show or didn't watch last week.

I'm watching survivor series last night and it occurred to me. Every single person watching this ordered the ppv. They know who the wrestlers are. They know what happened last week on Raw. They know what happened last month at hell in a cell. They are well aware of the storylines. So, why does the viewer have be force fed the same robotic garbage over and over again?

I haven't watched RAW this year, I just catch the PPVs. Though I read the recaps and catch the fun stuff on YouTube clips put up by WWE on Tuesday. I'm assuming they are making the assumption that there are people who just have the Network and therefore don't watch RAW or SD!

The women's elimination tag was messy at times but I was mostly happy with the outcomes.  Glad to see Naomi shine and Emma not get eliminated.  Kidd's douchey post-match celebration was only magnified by the fact that Nattie didn't score any eliminations herself.

That was nice as well regarding Kidd and Nattie.  There was a lot to like about the women's SS match but it is a shame the announcers crapped all over it.  Would it have hurt to put a little effort into it?

I thought the announcing last night was terrible. Particularly during the women's match. Either the match was a disorganized mess where nothing made sense or the divas were trying to tell a story which the announcers chose to ignore.

What cracks me up about the announcing is that there is no distinction between weekly television and a ppv. While the announcing is annoying on a Raw there is some logic (which i disagree with) why they are constantly reminding people who the wrestlers are, what happened last month, last week, etc. People are flipping channels and it is entirely possible someone watching missed the beginning of the show or didn't watch last week.

I'm watching survivor series last night and it occurred to me. Every single person watching this ordered the ppv. They know who the wrestlers are. They know what happened last week on Raw. They know what happened last month at hell in a cell. They are well aware of the storylines. So, why does the viewer have be force fed the same robotic garbage over and over again?

I haven't watched RAW this year, I just catch the PPVs. Though I read the recaps and catch the fun stuff on YouTube clips put up by WWE on Tuesday. I'm assuming they are making the assumption that there are people who just have the Network and therefore don't watch RAW or SD!

Or you have friends over who haven't watched the WWE in a while (or maybe ever).

This is where I will gloat a little about calling Show's turn on our Twitter. They really should explore that aspect of his character and his need to change sides on an annual basis. What makes him tick? What disorder could he have that causes it? Is it psychosomatic from his acromegaly, a pathological need to stay with the "right" side because it makes him feel better? (Yes, I know I'm reading way too much into this. Someone has to, folks.)

Dug the hell out of Rollins' portrayal. He wanted that win so badly, not shirking away from the other team, taking it upon himself to help his teammates out any way he could.

I actually thought the Divas match was shockingly good up to the point where Cameron tagged in- then it went off a cliff. The feed suddenly rewinding/fast-forwarding/repeating over and over to the point where I Was at least 2 minutes behind everyone else (and had the Sting reveal spoiled as a result) didn't help either.

By this logic, Macho Man is still in the 1992 Royal Rumble. 

Was that the one when he maybe did or didn't self eliminate by jumping over the top rope? Also did Maven ever get eliminated for his first Royal Rumble when Taker killed the poor kid.

Maven was never eliminated in 2002, but he DID get thrown out in 2003, so you could at least argue that he lasted a year.

I know where you were going with the Savage analogy, but Sid threw him out later.

Or you have friends over who haven't watched the WWE in a while (or maybe ever).

....or when Paige is beating up Emma you mention their history going back to NXT and how Paige has dominated Emma since then.  I may be wrong but I don't believe Emma has a pinfall or submission over Paige.

That was a huge moment to get over their history, the match, and NXT but the announcers blew it.

Can we agree Cena is the biggest heel in the WWE? Why can Sting come down to the ring but not him?

No.

Cena didn't interfere out of a sense of honor. He wants to beat The Authority cleanly and fairly, because he wants a WWE governed in that way. He doesn't want to compete anymore under an administration that abuses its power so much. He's not innocent -- and Steph and HHH pointed this out -- but, at his core, Cena tries his hardest to be a good person and honors his commitments. He lost because he let his guard down in recruiting the emotionally fragile Big Show. That's his fault, and he honored that he lost. But if he goes down to even the odds against The Authority, he's just as bad as they are. He's becoming what he's fighting against just to defeat what he's fighting against if he does that.

Also, maybe kayfabe he had no idea Sting was in the building, let alone why Sting showed up. Hell, no one knows why Sting is here yet -- that's the next chapter of the story.

• Like 2

The thing about that is that Dean believes that "Copper wire" is the raw material that the Mayor uses to make cops, and that if he steals it all there won't be anymore police.

This was partially due to people telling him he should watch THE WIRE "because you can learn a lot about how the cops work" and he would be like "Dude, I already know all about that."

Couple that with the times when he does see a t.v. show someone says "I think he's a cop, check for a wire."  And how the "already wired" cops would chase him whenever they saw him with any wire spools. 

It adds up, you know.

See, this is why I stopped the Ambrose/Can't Hardly Wait fanfic after like three posts. I can't compete with this.

What I want to know is how Bray found out about Dean's backstory. Does Bray have Lexus-Nexus or does he just wonder into various police stations or other judicial institutions looking to do background checks on all family members of his opponents in hopes to dig something up?

Ryback was in the spot of nowhere.

You needed Show to stay around to eliminated Cena and you needed Ziggler to play the face in peril. You could eliminate Rowan early but that seems too obvious. So you're left with Ryback. Besides he took a Curb Stomp and a Russian Super Kick, it wasn't like he went down like a bitch like Mark Henry.

What I want to know is how Bray found out about Dean's backstory. Does Bray have Lexus-Nexus or does he just wonder into various police stations or other judicial institutions looking to do background checks on all family members of his opponents in hopes to dig something up?

He has Bo do the legwork because he's such an inspirational figure.

in one of his nightly concerts with Satan, just after Bray got done sacrificing the goat, Satan was like, "Oh yeah, did I tell you Dean Ambrose's dad is in prison? For cooking and selling meth to nine-year-olds, as a matter of fact. Who would have guessed that?" He says that last sentence really sarcastically, too. 

Voila, Bray's on TV with knowledge of Dean's daddy.

• Like 1

Also, maybe kayfabe he had no idea Sting was in the building, let alone why Sting showed up. Hell, no one knows why Sting is here yet -- that's the next chapter of the story.

Thee only thing that's sure about Sting is that nothing's for sure.

• Like 6

After watching the main in full, anyone who complains about Dolph getting his moment stepped on is being silly, that was a fantastic performance and by the end the crowd was all in on Dolph, which is fantastic. For whatever reason, the "fight to keep your job" matches work wonders in St. Louis. Rhodes Brothers vs. SHIELD last year, now this.

The thing about that is that Dean believes that "Copper wire" is the raw material that the Mayor uses to make cops, and that if he steals it all there won't be anymore police.

This was partially due to people telling him he should watch THE WIRE "because you can learn a lot about how the cops work" and he would be like "Dude, I already know all about that."

Couple that with the times when he does see a t.v. show someone says "I think he's a cop, check for a wire." And how the "already wired" cops would chase him whenever they saw him with any wire spools.

It adds up, you know.

See, this is why I stopped the Ambrose/Can't Hardly Wait fanfic after like three posts. I can't compete with this.
I want a Dean Ambrose/Trip McNeely adventure gone horribly wrong. Something along the lines of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.
  • Like 2

Couple that with the times when he does see a t.v. show someone says "I think he's a cop, check for a wire." And how the "already wired" cops would chase him whenever they saw him with any wire spools.

It adds up, you know.

I want a Dean Ambrose/Trip McNeely adventure gone horribly wrong. Something along the lines of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Only if Dean pulls out a TripTik map from AAA.

Bray broken into the dusty old file room under titan tower

5307210_std.jpg

"Hey Bray, what are you doing the confidential basement files?"