DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

By this logic, Macho Man is still in the 1992 Royal Rumble. 

Was that the one when he maybe did or didn't self eliminate by jumping over the top rope? Also did Maven ever get eliminated for his first Royal Rumble when Taker killed the poor kid.

Maven was never eliminated in 2002, but he DID get thrown out in 2003, so you could at least argue that he lasted a year.

I know where you were going with the Savage analogy, but Sid threw him out later.

Scotty 2 Hotty and Spike Dudley are still in it, though.

Okay so question coming out of the Series...do we now get to talk about Dolph anywhere near the Champion belt? It's been mentioned here and there in the thread, but definitively...can he do it, and would they put the strap on him?

This isn't exaggerating, since I knew Sting was coming, but I was genuinely shaking when Sting walked out. Not full on seizure time, but I could feel myself in awe.

Shame there was no WCW crow theme though. Big shame.

If: 

• Cena gets hurt.
  • Brock signs with UFC
  • Punk is still nowhere near coming back
  • Bryan is perpetually injured
  • Roman Reigns gets hurt again
  • Randy Orton gets arrested for PED's
  • Dean Ambrose is stuck in traffic
  • Nikki Bella is busy
  • The moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars

... then sure, Dolph can beat Brock for the title.

• Like 4

I still think Dolph/Brock at a B-PPV would be great because 1) the crowd would eat it up and 2) Brock murdering Dolph with suplexes would be amazing. I think a ten-minute match where Dolph gets slaughtered but maybe gets a kickout or two on Lesnar's secondary stuff and gets a two-count off a flash pin attempt would be a great way to work in a fresh matchup and at least utilize the fact that crowds seem to be really into the guy. 

• Like 3

What I want to know is how Bray found out about Dean's backstory. Does Bray have Lexus-Nexus or does he just wonder into various police stations or other judicial institutions looking to do background checks on all family members of his opponents in hopes to dig something up?

Dean left a trail of hieroglyphics meant to serve as his personal archives all across the nation, carved into the undersides of public library reading tables with the sharp edge of a tuna can lid.

Once you find the table in the Young Adult section of the Enoch Pratt free library in Baltimore that has the image key of "sad rabbit" = "me when im really badly hurt by peepel" and "man in a box" = "peepel I really very looking for" the rest of the story falls pretty much into place...although it could use a good editor and fewer adverbs, but that's pretty normal for a first-time autobiographer.

• Like 1

Okay so question coming out of the Series...do we now get to talk about Dolph anywhere near the Champion belt? It's been mentioned here and there in the thread, but definitively...can he do it, and would they put the strap on him?

I think he has an argument for No.1 contender, and I think the IC belt came off him so he could move up.

Honestly, as much as I belittle them, and it usually being justified, the writing team did a great job setting this up. While Cena has been not acting, Ziggler has been at the center of everything, taking the beatings. In fact, him going through Kane, Harper, and Rollins is perfect: they are the ones that have damaged him and "beat him". Ziggler is perfectly justified to challenging Cena for his title shot.

• Like 1

Oh, I also loved the main event and Dean vs Bray. I rewatched Dean vs Bray too and they just beat the shit out of each other that whole match. I also love the call back to Wrestlemania where Bray thinks Dean won't wallop him with the chair and then Bray realizes he fucked up.

It did make me think that Dean and Bray would make for one wild ass tag team.

I forgot about Henry eating the punch.  It was a brilliant way to start the match after building some tension to start. 

Rather than have everyone start with their opening moves and go fifteen minutes before the first fall you use the element of surprise to build even more tension.

Never Say Die Dolph vs. Brock Lesnar writes itself.

You structure it like Brock vs. Eddy.

Exactly. It's an easy build, and it plays to both men's strengths. For as much as people shit on Dolphs offense, it fits the fiery underdog well, and Dolph takes a hell of a beating. I imagine if they don't fuck up Ziggler in the upcoming months, it could get a ton of heat behind it.

Cena should give Dolph his future title shot as a "thank you" tonight.

That would actually be a great way to get out of a fuck finish for Brock-Cena and allow Dolph to soar like an eagle for Brock and make up for Cena being a dick to his team by not saving them.

Can we agree Cena is the biggest heel in the WWE? Why can Sting come down to the ring but not him?

He was too busy making wishes come true and putting smiles on faces while also giving sage wisdom to Nikki Bella.