DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

This lack of knowledge is really going to hurt P's St Louis Ambrose fanfic.

GODAMMIT. WE"RE GETTING OFF TRACK THIS IS ABOUT HOW ROMAN REIGNS SUCKS..EVEYONE LOOK OVER THERE AT ROMAN REIGNS BEING BOIRNG!!!  HIS DUMB FLOATING HEAD LOOKS LIKE A WRINKLY OLD SATANIST DOING MUMANSHANZ

I CONTRBUTED BIG SHOW MEMES!!!!

• Like 1

The problem is that Reigns is supposed to be a badass shitkicker type, but every time I see him out of character, he comes off as a laid-back, cool type of dude. I feel like he should be trying to channel someone like face Diesel. He'll get stern with you and beat you up, but he's also pretty laid back and funny otherwise. 

Diesel's probably not the best example of what I have in mind, but I've been watching lots of 1995 WWF recently, so he's the first guy who popped into my head.

• Like 1

I watched this with my mom, who is in town for the holidays. While watching the video package that came on just prior to the main event, she assumed that the Authority were faces and John Cena was the top heel because he told a woman she deserved to be cleaning toilets and beat up a retired wrestler.

• Like 1

Sting is smart enough of a worker to know what he can and can't do at his age and because of the years he didn't work has got to be in better shape than his contemporaries. Or at least less deteriorated.

And if they're basing a lot of what they're going to do on mystique that's fine for the short run he'll likely have.

And he has said he just wants to work one more match before retiring, so it's not like it's going to be a tough schedule. Honestly, all he has to do is come out, hit his signature spots, and get the win. That'll send the crowd home happy. It doesn't need to be the usual 30 minute wankfest Triple H is known for.

I never watched TNA outside the early weekly ppv days but I thought Sting had that freaky Ric Flair/Ricky Steamboat "still able to go at a decent enough level despite being old as shit" thing going on?

Not even a little bit. Sting is okay if kept under 10 minutes, but beyond that, he gets lost and tired.

The first Ryback/Rusev confrontation and the first Harper/Rowan confrontation both got big reactions. But man, who did Ryback piss off?

What was the reaction of the fans around you during the Divas match?

You're a weird dude.

How so? You gave your live experience on everything but the Divas match. A lot of people are saying that it was long and boring with tons of botches. Did the people around you think the same? Did anyone pop for what was going on? I guess if I asked for more detail about the oiled up men running round with no shirts and tight spandex shorts then that would be less weird?

• Like 1

I don't know why they want Reigns to talk at all.  All he needs to do is show up and exact justice on heels by obliterating their life force and then leave.  I don't need to know him.  I just need him to beat up bad guys when they try to do bad shit. 

I know it's tricky to "write" a character without using lots of words and shit...but, you know, FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT, PROFESSIONAL WRITERS!  They could hink of it as a game.  that if they play it, they might accidentally end up doing their goddamn job right.

Roman Reigns is like a Nash-Hall hybrid. He has Hall's ability to work smaller against guys bigger and big against guys smaller and Nash's ability to come off like a wannabe douche even when trying to be babyface. Also, the hair.

• Like 1

The first Ryback/Rusev confrontation and the first Harper/Rowan confrontation both got big reactions. But man, who did Ryback piss off?

What was the reaction of the fans around you during the Divas match?

You're a weird dude.

How so? You gave your live experience on everything but the Divas match. A lot of people are saying that it was long and boring with tons of botches. Did the people around you think the same? Did anyone pop for what was going on? I guess if I asked for more detail about the oiled up men running round with no shirts and tight spandex shorts then that would be less weird?

Oh. My bad. I thought you were making some kind of crack that I was jeking off during the match and you were asking how people reacting to that.

Truth be told, I went to the merch stand during that match to get a Ziggler shirt and a Macho Man Funko figure, so I don't know. People seemed to be into Paige.

• Like 2

That is one of the greatest leaps of logic I've ever seen:

I thought you were making some kind of crack that I was jeking off during the match and you were asking how people reacting to that.

I read it as "What was the reaction of people to you during the divas match?"

It's been a long night.

Roman Reigns is like a Nash-Hall hybrid. He has Hall's ability to work smaller against guys bigger and big against guys smaller and Nash's ability to come off like a wannabe douche even when trying to be babyface. Also, the hair.

But Nash is a funny guy?

The problem is that Reigns is supposed to be a badass shitkicker type, but every time I see him out of character, he comes off as a laid-back, cool type of dude.

And that's exactly what I mean about him coming across like somebody playing a WWE character instead of a real person in his promos. It's like they're so petrified of letting him just speak as himself - or have no confidence in his ability to do so - they've created this whole persona for him that a) doesn't fit him and B: he can't pull off anyway.

The more I see of Roman, the more I'm comfortable with my opinion he's going to end up being the Samoan Sheamus - although because they are so enamored with him, he'll be pushed like the Samoan John Cena for the immediate future.

How dare you sully the name of Sheamus like that. Sheamus gets a lot of shit for being a terrible character actor, but he is top in the company when it comes down to being a fucking walking tall babyface.

Yeah you kind of have me there. Sheamus the character is mostly lousy but he is pretty great at being the Hossiest Hoss they've had in years.

Did Reigns call St. Louis "The Loo"? because that's not a thing.  I mean, it's a thing in England.  It's where you poo.  And I think it's a thing around the Diamond-Phillips' household and you probably are better off not knowing what it means there.

It's like calling San Francisco "Frisco" but worse because that's actually a thing people have done.

I don't like him much anymore.

Frisco deserves to be called Frisco.  Just like how Northern California deserves to be called NoCal.

That was so great. I wonder if the people in St. Louis think Sting is a hall of famer.

Pretty good show overall too. The only thing that really sucked was the divas tag. I thought Summer Rae was supposed to be decent? She was every bit as terrible as Cameron. Neither need to be anywhere near a wrestling ring.

Triple H and Steph were both brilliant. Good on Dolph for getting a huge win. Big Show turned.. whatever. Good to see Rusev go out how he did. The Rusev/Lana act is too hot right now to have him beaten.

• Like 1

Is that the first time they've essentially referred to TNA on WWE programming with JBL referring to Sting as a 2 time NWA champion?

EDIT: I guess I was wrong - he did win the NWA championship in TNA, AKA "that place I hate because now instead of getting Sting at 45 in WWE, we're getting him at 55."

I thought Summer Rae was supposed to be decent? 

Nope, Summer Rae sucks. That match had no chance anyway with how fans are conditioned to expect two-minute women's matches and the fact that Cameron and Summer Rae got fairly significant ring time.