DVDVR Message Board

11/14 SD Spoilers From Liverpool

Patrick B.

Per Lordsofpain:

* Chris Jericho kicks off SmackDown to a big pop. He comes out for The Highlight Reel. Stephanie McMahon and Triple H are out next as his guests and are met with "where's our Network?" chants. This was said to be a great segment.

* Vince McMahon comes out and says Liverpool sounds like a skin disease. He tells us to get live. This was a dark segment it looked like.

* Bray Wyatt squashed Sin Cara and got the win with Sister Abigail. Wyatt cut a promo after the match and out comes Dean Ambrose. Bray leaves the ring before Ambrose can get to him and laughs from the stage.

* Goldust and Stardust defeated Adam Rose and The Bunny.

* Ryback vs. Kane is announced for later.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Tyson Kidd and Cesaro in an Elimination Match to retain the Intercontinental Title. Kidd eliminated Cesaro first. This was said to be an unbelievable match.

* Natalya defeated Layla with a Sharpshooter.

* Kane vs. Ryback is next. Team Authority is at ringside watching. Ryback won by DQ when Kane hit him with a steel chair. Ryback was brought in the ring for a beatdown but got the upperhand and hit Shellshocked on Kane to end the show.

-----

The Ambrose/Jericho vs. Wyatt/Kane tag match was the dark main event.

There's money in a "Vince is losing his shit!" Angle.

Agreed. Watching Vince slip into senility and dementia could be a lot of fun.

It's it too easy to make a "At least there would be a McMahon on TV that doesn't mind putting someone else over" post?

I'd be much happier with him taking a bump, getting some kind of soap opera amnesia and thinking it's 1994 and doing announcing again.

"Huh-huh-huh-haaaAAAAH!  Whattamaneuver!  He got him!  No, he didn't.  He's a little essentric, but what a BOHEMOTH!"

That video really makes me yearn for Vince doing stand-up comedy for a gimmick.

"What's the deal with Liverpool?  I don't see any pools with livers in them."

Vince thinking he bought Jon Voight's car only to find out it was owned by John Voight, the periodontist would make for some great tv.

• Like 2

While it still exists...

Vince's tantrum:

I like to imagine Vince the producer bawling out Vince the performer backstage for comparing the city to Ebola, jumping back and forth taking both sides of the argument: "You can't compare the city to Ebola, dammit!" "Fuck you! I'm Vince McMahon, dammit!" while everyone watches in amazement then breaks into a "You've still got it" chant.

• Like 4

On the one hand, the main selling point in Wrestling is playing off the audience's desire to see bad things happen to bad people. But on the other hand, the current WWE audience is mostly guys who believe the WWE's revisionist version of history is in fact the way things actually happened... so like as not, they don't think of Vince as a bad person. Look at how he was getting face pops in Liverpool even after insulting the city.

But on the other hand, the current WWE audience is mostly guys who believe the WWE's revisionist version of history is in fact the way things actually happened

Found a reason people think ECW was worth a shit and was successful. Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Kidd-Cesaro-Ziggler was a shade short of a classic, but pretty damned amazing. SD is definitely worth watching for that, actually, just that. If they'd put that on the PPV with the elimination rule intact, everyone's stock would have risen quite a bit. Kidd's definitely rose with this match, and it's a shame there isn't like a set TV-US-World title setup in WWE, because he'd be perfect as a TV Champion.

http://http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/wwe-sd-11-14-14.html

• Like 2

Excellent triple threat indeed. Lots of awesome spots, sequences, and reversals. Cesaro was on fire for a bit and I thought Kidd got put over solidly throughout. Nice they got 20 minutes with 2 breaks, this was definitely a match that made the IC title seem important at least for now.

I hope this is the start of an earnest Tyson Kidd push. He looked fantastic and damn near stole the show in a match with Cesaro and Dolph.

Three weeks running with shitty, flat main events on Smackdown with Kane.

I hope this is the start of an earnest Tyson Kidd push. He looked fantastic and damn near stole the show in a match with Cesaro and Dolph.

Three weeks running with shitty, flat main events on Smackdown with Kane.

If we're lucky, the beatdown after the match will remove Kane from Survivor Series.

It's not particularly funny that Vince is losing his mind but yelling at people for not making enough noise during a talking segment is kind of hilarious.

"Hey, you slack-jawed yokels!  You paid good money for those front row seats so be more excited while you're staring at people's backs while they talk, dammit!"