DVDVR Message Board

RIP Justin Newbould aka Newb82

RIPPA

I am sad to report that we have lost a member of our little community

Justin Newbould - who posted around here as Newb82 - passed away today.

Those of you who followed along in the Good News thread or on Facebook know he was in the hospital for awhile and had just gotten out.

Unfortunately things went bad very quickly again, in what appears to be a 24 hour period.

I am getting this all through Facebook but I wanted to mention it all to y'all - especially those who had gotten to know Justin via this board.

Long may you ride Justin. Long may you ride...

Man, yeah I read his supershow thread front to back and I was enjoying his SNME reviews too. This is really sad. Never knew the man personally but I enjoyed him very much and spent hours reading his words. Rest in peace.

Goddammit.  I'd just friended him on Facebook and wished him well.  He always seemed like a quality fellow who knew his wrestling and I loved to see him write about it.  And it really did seem like the worst of it was over.

Life really is too goddamn short.  See you on the flip, Newb.

That's terrible news. I didn't really know him at all, outside of his posts in Land of Confusion, but, like Tabe, I was really hoping things were finally looking up for him. Like supremebve said, life is always too short... but his was way too short. It's awful that he had to go through what he did, especially being so young.

I feel terrible for all here that knew him better than I did, and of course for his family.

Man, that sucks.  I can just echo what other people have said......even if you don't "know" someone, you get used to seeing their posts on here and find yourself really invested in the snippets of their life you get to see. 

Rest in peace, man. 

Absolutely awful news.  My thoughts are with his loved ones right now.

I barely post here, so take this for what it’s worth, but each and every one of you puts a smile on my face.  I only know you through this board, but after years of lurking and a smattering of posts, I honestly appreciate all of you and what you say.  In my “real life” I’ll make remarks like “You should talk to Burgundy, she knows what she’s talking about on this” or “I know this well-endowed Mickey Mouse who said something cogent.”

With Newb82, it was his SNME reviews earlier this year that I enjoyed the most.  I got deep into wrestling watching SNME, and it was so much fun to read someone’s modern thoughts on what lured me into wrestling fandom in the first place.

We may have barely conversed, Justin, but it was enough to consider you a friend and I’m richer for the experience.  Rest in peace and many thanks.

Like nearly everyone else here, I only knew Justin from his postings here. I was very happy for him when he said he was out of the ICU a couple of weeks ago, and was really hoping that he had turned the corner.

Condolences to his family and friends. If there's anything that we, as a community, can do, hopefully we can do it. Not sure what that something would be, but perhaps there's something.

RIP, Justin.

Justin and I spent a lot of Facebook time taking about movies (especially horror, but not exclusively) and football.

He kept pushing for a Christmas Chaos to compliment Halloween Havoc, and even talked about running it this year.

I really thought he was going to be okay after he got released. Dammit.