DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

The reveal was obvious (and the correct thing to do, anything else would have just been a stupid swerve for the sake of having a swerve,) I just felt the actual style of the last fight was a bit out of whack with the rest of the film.

I've seen the Wolverine yesterday and I would agree that it was pretty good, but not great.

It was a late showing, though, and I was extremely tired, so I think I'll have to watch it again as soon as the Blu Ray comes out to make a better judgment.

I figure at some point between the release of The Wolverine on blu-ray and the theatrical release of Days of Future Past, I'll do a full X-Men re-watch.  Even those hideous two films in the middle.

I figure at some point between the release of The Wolverine on blu-ray and the theatrical release of Days of Future Past, I'll do a full X-Men re-watch.  Even those hideous two films in the middle.

Self abuse.....

3 and origins are 2 of the worst comic movies ever not named Fantastic Four.

Yeah, but I spent the money to buy them both on blu-ray (worse, upgrading on Last Stand) so I should re-watch them each at least once more to sort of get my money's worth.

(The lesson, as always:  I will buy damn near anything based on a superhero comic book.  Except Catwoman.)

The reveal was obvious (and the correct thing to do, anything else would have just been a stupid swerve for the sake of having a swerve,) I just felt the actual style of the last fight was a bit out of whack with the rest of the film.

I can see that argument though it was more or less the only way to make it work considering the condition of the villain.

Yeah, but I spent the money to buy them both on blu-ray (worse, upgrading on Last Stand) so I should re-watch them each at least once more to sort of get my money's worth. (The lesson, as always:  I will buy damn near anything based on a superhero comic book.  Except Catwoman.)

You're part of the problem, Fowler! :)If people are discrimating, we'll continue to get dreck.

Yeah, but I spent the money to buy them both on blu-ray (worse, upgrading on Last Stand) so I should re-watch them each at least once more to sort of get my money's worth.

(The lesson, as always:  I will buy damn near anything based on a superhero comic book.  Except Catwoman.)

Elektra?

Quick thought on THE WOLVERINE: anyone else notice at the end of the movie, that big box Yukio was carrying onto the plane with her? Looked about the right size to hold, oh, I dunno...... 6 severed adamantium claws?

Yet, in the teaser in the credits.... Wolvie still had the bone claws.

Wonder how they're going to fix that.....

Quick thought on THE WOLVERINE: anyone else notice at the end of the movie, that big box Yukio was carrying onto the plane with her? Looked about the right size to hold, oh, I dunno...... 6 severed adamantium claws?

My guess would be Magneto. He did have the line about Stryker being the only other man he met who could manipulate Adamantium like him.

My guess would be Magneto. He did have the line about Stryker being the only other man he met who could manipulate Adamantium like him.

Oh how I'd love to see this on the big screen

Posted Image

• Like 2

Elektra?

Bought the Director's Cut out of the 5 dollar bin at Wal-mart.

Just saw Wolverine.  Any reason Mariko was listening to "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft" on the bullet train?  She and Logan went to the Voyage to Mars room after that, but that was the only connection I could see.  Maybe the director just likes the song.

The Mars room never paid off in any way.  They should have gone to the Naughty Nurse room, then when Logan wakes up, he thinks he's still in the room, then he looks over and sees the goat.  Hey-o.

Anyway, it was good, not great.  Not sure I like the idea of a super flaming sword that cuts through Adamantium like butter, but oh well.

The end credits sequence was the best I can recall.

Oh how I'd love to see this on the big screen

Posted Image

This is made funny by the signature staring at it happy. 

Did the next page say "...Like a brother.", or were Logan, and Jean boinking at the time? I didn't read the comics back then(only watched the cartoon), so I have no idea what the heck the writer is going on about.

Did the next page say "...Like a brother.", or were Logan, and Jean boinking at the time? I didn't read the comics back then(only watched the cartoon), so I have no idea what the heck the writer is going on about.

IIRC, she and Scott were still engaged at that point and got married post-Fatal Attractions.

But Jean physically held his body together while Xavier blocked his mind from truly understanding the level of trauma done to it.  By that point, iirc, they had spent a few years with the whole "Logan and Jean are in love, but Jean also loves Scott, and thus they will never be together" thing.  Which, granted, "is with Jean" and "is the leader" were the only two traits Scott had, so it would have been a bad idea to run with Jean/Logan.