DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

I will say that Blade 2 still stands up, but Blade, a movie I thought was fucking awesome my senior year of high school and was the first movie I bought on DVD, doesn't hold up all that well any more. Steven Dorff overacts like a motherfucker, Udo Kier doesn't get enough screen time, the special effects at the end are about the quality of a Playstation video game (which itself is fucking ironic given your retarded diatribes in the WWE 2K14 thread), Blade speaks in grunts and one liners that are now almost embarrassing to hear, and the famed vampire god La Magra is killed by some blood serum (although I will admit that I wouldn't even use this as a point had Blade 3 taken place if the vampire apocalypse actually happened and Steven Dorff were still walking around).

X2 is something special though, but it's brought down a bit because X3 let it down by not living up to the promise.

X3 is fucking bullshit. Nearly the worst of the worst.

I liked X-Men. X2 is great, it's still the best X-Men film and one of the best comic book films. It's a shame Bryan Singer left before concluding the trilogy with X-Men: The Last Stand which was poor compared to the previous two films. Only seen bits of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I got it as a present on DVD but never got round to watching it. X-Men: First Class was a return to form, need to watch that again having only seen it the once when I bought it on DVD. The Wolverine trailers didn't do much for me, I can wait for that to hit TV. Hope X-Men: Days of Future Past is at the level of X-Men/X2/X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Blade is great with an awesome open to the film, Blade II is even better. You could get a DVD box set with Blade/Blade II or Blade/Blade II/Blade: Trinity. I got the former, Blade: Trinity is shit.

I've seen a lot of Fantastic Four but never watched it from beginning to end. It's something seeing the difference between Chris Evans Johnny Storm/Human Torch and Captain Steve Rogers/Captain America.

You bought the complete TV series on DVD, but you claim the movie(s) were shit and aimed at goths? Or am I just totally missing the famed "internet sarcasm" in your post there?

I think the first two films are okay to solid. Far from great, and the first has aged badly. I own all 3 films and the tv series because I own almost every comic movie and they were cheap.I do think the target audience was angsty teens who watch R movies to feel grown up. But I'm also needling waiter because he somehow thinks they are better than Cap, a legit great comic film.

You bought the complete TV series on DVD, but you claim the movie(s) were shit and aimed at goths? Or am I just totally missing the famed "internet sarcasm" in your post there?

Sticky Fingaz is a terrible actor but he was great in Onyx so suck it.

• Like 1

Rewatched the Blade trilogy. The first one is still my favourite despite the heavily dated CGI. But everything else is still great and they did a lot of shit right, the music, the setting and some of the stuff actually looks 'cool and hip' in a late 90's kind of way. There's also this scene in Blade 2 with the two vampires french kissing with a razorblade, made my stomach turn for some reason and I'm not easily grossed out. I also kind of dug the fight choreography, it sure is fuck is better than other comic book movies. Blade 3 was utter crap thanks to Reynolds and Biel, Triple H on the other hand was great as a henchman. Don't know how it holds up against the source material since I never read them.