DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

No worries, guys.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/12/if-marvel-gets-spider-man-it-wont-be-the-andrew-garfield-kind

“IF the Marvel/Sony deal were to go forward,” says LR, “Andrew Garfield would no longer be Peter Parker and any baggage from existing films, [directors Sam] Raimi or [Marc] Webb, would be non-canonical.” Marvel wants a clean slate, apparently, and they are not interested in doing any more so-called “romance” movies but would rather “focus on the difficulties of being a teenager and a superhero with a romance side-story.” Neither is an origin story part of the plan, so a Marvel Spidey movie would reportedly pick up with Peter Parker already living his double life as a hero.

Hard to take Latino Review too seriously.  They are the ones that said Sony was doing an Aunt May film.

I think the brass at Sony knows deep down they can't make a shared universe for Spider-Man.  They are going to either have to dig in and focus on Amazing Spider-Man 3, start from scratch or work out a co-production deal with Marvel.

If I'm Disney, I'm preparing to sign some checks to work something out with Sony.  Getting Spider-Man in an Avengers film or doing their own version of Spider-Man is the MCU is something they should not pass up.

Consider this, Marvel was willing to give Fox extensions on Daredevil in exchange for simply Fox LENDING them Silver Surfer and Galactus.  Fox said no to that.  Daredevil ended up going back to Marvel completely.  

I am sure Marvel could work out a flexible deal with Sony.  Give them a cut of the merchandise, and I am sure Sony would play ball.

DC a few years ago looked like they would never get a Justice League movie off the ground but now it looks like they're on the right track to get their own Cinematic Universe going.  Sony is in a similarly bad position now and they have a long time to go to get everything back on track.  But Spider-Man existing as its own Cinematic Universe will be harder to get back on track since Spidey himself being the only bankable character involved since all of the villains and side characters aren't near the same level.  I know that GotG did amazing business with previously no one knowing anything about any of the characters but that has the juggernaut MCU franchise behind it.

I think Latino Review turned Vile down for a job or something. Every time they get brought up, he's like, nah, they're full of shit.

Nope.  Something about El Mayimbe's style just rubs me the wrong way.  Another forum I frequent, he was trolling the forums about phase II and constantly saying he's about to reveal a big scoop, then when it came time for his announcement, he said, "join my mailing list at such and such to learn more."  Admins got wise to his act and banned him from the site.

After that was his embarrassing Planet Hulk and World War Hulk video.  Then he did a video claiming Christian Bale was joining the Justice League cast to play Batman/Bruce Wayne again.  

His public spat with Marvel came off as very childish IMHO.  Like he was doing the video as payback for Marvel investigating how he got a hold of something once before.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently Gambit, starring Channing Tatum, has been confirmed.  I never liked Gambit; I always saw him as very much of his era, much like many people see Venom.  To me, Gambit is The 90s: The Superhero.  He's the Dazzler of the 90s and nobody is making a Dazzler movie.

• Like 1

That can't be real. I mean, even before you get to the coked-out idea of a Tobey vs. Garfield movie, or Gwen Stacey coming back to life as Carnage (!?!?!?), you've got them estimating that the Sinister Six movie could make TWO BILLION DOLLARS.

Nobody could really believe that.

• Like 1

That can't be real. I mean, even before you get to the coked-out idea of a Tobey vs. Garfield movie, or Gwen Stacey coming back to life as Carnage (!?!?!?), you've got them estimating that the Sinister Six movie could make TWO BILLION DOLLARS.

But I want it to be real!!!!

But I want it to be real!!!!

I do too, for Sony's zaniness ... and because I actually like what comes from "the agreement." Turn that Tobey vs. Andrew movie into a full on Spider-Verse and work with Marvel on casting so you can pick the new guy out of here and drop him directly into the MCU. Fun.

Once I read "Sinister Six: Part 1", I knew it the rest of the memo was gonna be good. And it was. Highlights are Soony's inability to spell, Channing Tatum as Venom, and Sony expecting to get Thor and Daredevil.

My highlight came early on - Amy Pascal finds having someone else taking notes to be offensive

• Like 1

If this is fake, someone really went through the effort of making Amy Pascal look as dumb as she's come off in the past. Part of me thinks it's real because movie executives are fucking dumb and insane. Of course they would think Emma Stone as Carnage is a good idea or this shit would make $2 billion dollars. This is how so many fucking terrible movies get made. I'm sure some dumb shit thought Battleship would make $1 billion, otherwise, why fucking bother?

They'll think everything will make $1 billion or more until something actually does because some other movie in the past already accomplished that feat.