DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TEN

Dolfan in NYC

The Battle for Ohio is Thursday when 5-3 (?!) Cleveland goes against 1st place Cincy.

Fowler and FSW (RIP) vs Dolfan, Josh Mann, and Mike Rose in a 3 on 2 handicap match, special guest referee _MJ_

And Chicago @ Green Bay is on Sunday night. 

So help me god, if my Panthers lose to the Sanchize, I'm done. 

Ditto for me if the Steelers lose to the fucking Jets.

The Battle for Ohio is a  huge game..  Steelers are in first place in the AFC North if the Bengals lose to the Browns, but Pittsburgh has to beat down NYJ. 

GO, CLEVELAND~!

Hopefully the Titans will beat the Ravens or at least beat them up.

Three out of the four teams in the division are above .600.  Shit..

You know, I just looked at their schedule, and 0-16 is very much a possibility for the Raiders.

This is what's left: vs DEN, @SD, vs KC, @STL, vs SF, @KC, vs BUF, @ DEN.

That's 5 curbstompings awaiting (2 Denvers, 2 KC's, SF), 1 game that will be a loss that looks closer than it is (Buffalo), and two games where they may snipe one, but they're both on the road (SD & STL).  

I think Buffalo having to come cross country is their best bet, but I'm still not sure it's a very good bet. Hell, the Bills are 5-3, so at this point you have to account for the possibility that Buffalo could be fighting for a wild card by that game and could be fired up.

Who knows this year. I have no idea who half the playoff teams will be yet.

Not completely unrelated, but one scenario that does amuse me, if the Jets end the season at 1-15, they very realistically could end up without the #1, 2, or 3 pick in the draft. (Oakland, Jacksonville, and Tampa all losing out puts the Jets at #4 based on strength of schedule)

I thought he was a smart signing. I never get why some NFL teams have a backup with a radically different style than their starter so that if the starter goes down they have to rework their whole playbook. Sanchez can at least come in and you can run basically the same offense.

Bills face the overrated Chiefs at home while coming off a bye.

If they want to end the drought, they need to make hay the next four weeks, because 1-3 over their last four is probably the best they can hope for.

Kelly tailors the offense to his QB.  Everyone thought that he needed a mobile QB based on his Oregon offense but with Foles that is not the case.  Even Kelly himself has said that he tailors his offense to the talent and what he is up against on a weekly basis.

He knows what Sanchez can and cannot do so I expect very little, if any, dropoff.

It is a refreshing change from the Andy Reid banging square pegs in round holes game after game.

Bills face the overrated Chiefs at home while coming off a bye.

If they want to end the drought, they need to make hay the next four weeks, because 1-3 over their last four is probably the best they can hope for.

Yea no kidding.  At 5-3 the Bills have very little wiggle room, they have to beat the Chiefs/Jets/Dolphins of the world if there is a chance. Can't expect to beat the Packers/Pats/Broncos.  

It's more exciting then Tampa re-arranging the chairs on the deck of the Titanic!  It can't be stopped by mere board crashes!  It's time for.......

Top of the Bottom:  The Quest for the Goodell Trophy

Let's see what the standings look like this week!

1) 0-8 Oakland

2) 1-8 Jacksonville

3) 1-8 New York (Hypothetical) Football Jets

4) 1-7 Tampa 

5) 2-6 Tennessee

6) 2-6 Atlanta

7) 3-6 Washington

8) 3-5 New York Football Giants

9) 3-5 Chicago

10) 3-5 St. Louis 

Welcome to what I am affectionately calling the "Please don't ban me Rippa and Jae" edition of Top of The Bottom!  The top of the list has settled into a Cold War as all eyes are on Oakland and their amazing skill of teasing fans of both the team and terrible football with almost winning.  The bottom of the list is definitely heating up though as Chicago makes a return trip to the list and Team Eli makes their 2014 debut on the list!  The news of the Bucs starting McCown this week is sending ripples of apathy throughout the sports world, but could this move be the spark that ruins Tampa's chance at the Goodell; or is Lovie secretly trying to lock the trophy up with this not-so ballsy switch?  All I know is that Atlanta had better be appropriately ill-prepared in order to move up the list.

No matter the outcomes this week, we should see a shake up of major proportions!  Tune in to find out!

(Seriously though, please don't ban me Jae and Rippa, at least you're not Raiders fans)

• Like 4

After playing Seattle this week - the Giants' remaining schedule is all winnable games (I'm on my phone so I can't post it)

So they will up at 7-9 again and bone themselves out of a decent pick