DVDVR Message Board

November 2014 Fùtbol

Dolfan in NYC

Poor Marco Reus. Another ankle injury - extent seems to be unclear up until now - left him being carried off the pitch in Dortmund´s match at Paderborn. Adding to the injury: Dortmund threw away a 2-0 lead in the 2-2 draw. They still can at least partially blame it on the refs, who disallowed a goal that easily should have standed when the result was 2-1. Right after that situation Paderborn pushed up the field and scored for the point.

Gladbach, after being unbeaten for a while, lost their home game to Frankfurt after being up 1-0.

Bayern beat Hoffenheim by 4-0 and should be able to win the league in cruise control right now. There is nobody to really trouble them and I really don´t see nearly enough match ups anymore to trouble them. They´ll maybe drop a few points here and there, but they are just too strong. Even with their fullbacks being badly injured, they are able to control matches and they basically keep their opponents from creating enough clear cut chances. If some opportunity drops the opposing teams way, there is still an extraordinary goalkeeper between the sticks.

Wolfsburg ended their winning streak losing at Schalke in a very weird game. DiMatteo´s team went up 3-0 and everything seemed to work pretty well, but after 30 minutes the game suddenly changed and Schalke wasn´t able to switch the flip back to on. Wolfsburg was able to pull one back before half-time, then reduced the deficit. Even with quite a few chances at the end they couldn´t get the equalizer, though.

Sunday will have the Northern German derby between Hamburger SV and Werder Bremen which in this year is a battle for points against relegation. It will probably be very heated, but I´m not really sure if it will be fun to watch. Both clubs have had quite limited quality over the last few years.

ralphs-heart.gif?w=650

Unbelievably, we're entering the... danger zone. I'll leave it with that heartbreak although mine is much less surprising than Ralph's was to him. Don't want to start slagging off players or the manager.

• Like 1

ReiseReise forgot to mention that Heung Min Son continues his awesome streak scoring again and assisting Bellarabi with a wild cross.

And it sucks watching Gladbach lose 2 in a row.

Haha. Aside from the two horrible slip-ups in the end by two players who normally won´t make these kind of mistakes, this game is great at showing why nobody is beating Bayern in the domestic league. City are no slouches, they have a great set of players. They were unable, however, to control the game against Bayern who were missing many key players, the game had no particular meaning to them and they were down one man after twenty minutes aswell as one goal. This is NOT due to City being bad, I would say they took quite the fight to Bayern, but aside from the last 4-5 minutes, they were just not getting into the game the way they should have been after the goal. Kudos to City and Agüero especially who was great at taking his chances.

Schalke, on the other hand, was just really really bad today from what I saw. Chelsea has been strong in BPL and if they have now found their groove in CL, they will certainly be a final four candidate, but you shouldn´t loose 0-5 at home to a side that is mostly known for being strong on the defensive end. The third goal was a prime example how they were hit by Murphy´s law today, when Santana, Höwedes and Kirchhoff bumped into each other with Kirchhoff heading into the own net.

Arsenal is playing a good game against Dortmund and the match is generally entertaining. Still a little baffled how the linesman missed Sanogo´s offside, looked to have a pretty clear view. From how the game went from then on, the lead is deserving, although a draw would have been appropriate aswell as of now. 

Win was deserved aswell. Arsenal was one step ahead for the most of the match, Dortmund weren´t good at defending and didn´t create much up front. Maybe that means they will start winning in the league now?

Watched the last half hour of Leverkusen vs Monaco. Nothing much to write about. Monaco are an ugly side to watch, but if you win you are right. Terrible week for the German teams. Kind of glad, though, after all the UEFA-5-year-thingy-talk over the last weeks whenever the teams performed well.