DVDVR Message Board

November 2014 Fùtbol

Dolfan in NYC

One half of keeping the scum from scoring. One fucking half, that's all I ask. If we lose this it will be 10x worse and more painful than 2012.

I dunno. Getting blown out 1st round after winning the Supporters Shield sucked pretty bad.

• Like 1

One half of keeping the scum from scoring. One fucking half, that's all I ask. If we lose this it will be 10x worse and more painful than 2012.

I dunno. Getting blown out 1st round after winning the Supporters Shield sucked pretty bad.

Fair enough but to me what makes 2012 worse was that we should've won, it was against the scum, and their oblivious fans spent the entire time complaining about the injustice of having to play the first leg at home after the worst disaster in a generation hit our area. Them crying about it to this day sickens me. But those motherfuckers got some justice today. When the final whistle blew a friend handed me a Modelo tall boy and it was the best beer EVER.

I think the Balotelli experiment is essentially over, and he will be replaced in January. He's more Rodger's most visible transfer failure than his biggest one, but the question is whether Rodgers can really be trusted with another pile of money. The answer is realistically no, unless he can turn things around.  I maintain the Liverpool have been a bit unlucky with the fixture list, but 14 points from 11 games is nowhere near good enough. 8 games until the halfway point - 6 wins would give them 32 points and a pretty good chance of making the Top 6, and a dog in the fight for a Top 4 spot - but much less than that and it's a struggle.

23 Nov
Crystal Palace
vs
Liverpool

29 Nov
Liverpool
vs
Stoke City

2 Dec
Leicester City
vs
Liverpool

6 Dec
Liverpool
vs
Sunderland

14 Dec
Man United
vs
Liverpool

21 Dec
Liverpool
vs
Arsenal

26 Dec
Burnley FC
vs
Liverpool

29 Dec
Liverpool
vs
Swansea City

What the hell are you talking about? It's August and the season is about to kick off! The weather seems a bit shit and days are oddly short but things are bright for LFC, BAY-BAY!

Seriously, though, it feels like the last year of Rafa up to Rodgers' first year here where we're vulnerable against any and all teams and opposition regardless of stature look forward to coming to Anfield. I thought we were past that with the last half of Rodgers' first year and last season but apparently not. I think the only way we have a shot at 4th is if United's defence gets even worse than it already is.

Dortmund finally broke their duck today. After a handful of good chances, they scored thanks to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMls5_-FKmk

Christoph Kramer. Greatest own goal I personally saw in a live match.

Dortmund dominanted the game and deserved the win, but what ultimately got them three points was lady luck. Something they´d been missing in a lot of games this season.

After Gladbach´s first loss, Wolfsburg takes the title of reigning "Bayern hunters". The team beat the Hamburger SV at home two goals to nothing. Bremen and Freiburg, who only recently won their first match this season, managed to get their second W right away with 2-0 victories at home. Bremen beat Stuttgart, Freiburg downed Schalke.

Bayern aren´t slipping up so far. They won 4-0 at Frankfurt, being really effective for the first two thirds of the match, then picking Frankfurt apart in the latter stages.

Kramer is such a talented player sucks about the OG and BVB have such a good squad that it's so awkward seeing them struggle so frequently in the league.

Speaking of Germany, Shinji Okazaki, Hiroshi Kiyotake, Roberto Firmino and Heung Min Son have been amazing this season. They all deserve more praise than they get.

As much as I like Shinji Kagawa, I maybe alone on this, but I'd take Hiroshi Kiyotake over him currently if I had to pick one.

Man, Marcelo Bielsa is probably my favourite manager in football. He's such a bad ass, all propped up on his li'l cooler with his glasses, heck of intense, great trainer and amazing tactician.

marcelo-bielsa-coffee.jpg

Everywhere he goes, he brings success.

Edit: Arsene says nobody can challenge Chelsea... Has he not seen Newcastle lately?

Speaking of Germany, Shinji Okazaki, Hiroshi Kiyotake, Roberto Firmino and Heung Min Son have been amazing this season. They all deserve more praise than they get. Probably the 4 best foreign players currently playing in Germany.

As much as I like Shinji Kagawa, I maybe alone on this, but I'd take Hiroshi Kiyotake over him currently if I had to pick one.

Definetly not alone on that one. I´m not sure if it is due to his playing style, form or a bit of both, but Kagawa looks like he is not yet really a part of the midfield. He looked like he hadn´t missed a beat in his first match back, but yesterday, while playing alright, he was the weakest of the midfielders. Same goes for the good BVB-performances in the Champions League matches. It will be interesting to see if Dortmund will get their act together in the Bundesliga right now.

Just read BVB want Schurrle as a replacement for Reus who's on his way out.

Some good games coming up this week in Germany: Bayern/Hoffenheim, Leverkusen/Hannover and Schalke/Wolfsburg.