DVDVR Message Board

November 2014 Fùtbol

Dolfan in NYC

Man City is having a really underwhelming Champion´s League season so far, it seems. They may me lucky that Bayern can sit back and relax, which - in recent history - led to one or two losses against the Citizens. They really need to win in Rome to go anywhere though, I´d say.

Schalke continues to be off, only this time their mistakes were too many and the ref didn´t bail them out. Didn´t expect them to be the German team with the biggest troubles on qualifying, to be honest, All other groups seemed harder for the German teams. Dortmund and Bayern have been machines, Leverkusen was able to throw in everything they had but Schalke was really lackluster.

Messi scoring twice to tie Raul´s record is a great moment. Cristiano Ronaldo is very close to the record aswell. Two amazing individual players we have right now.
I loved how the Fox mutlicast praised Eden Hazard´s technique from the penalty spot followed up by Hazard taking one of the weakest penalties I have seen all season. No power, not well placed and not able to lure the GK into one of the other corners almost automatically makes you look like a jackass from the spot, I guess. Luiz Adriano scoring eight goals in total against BATE is quite something aswell.

I really like Bayern's chances of winning the Champions League this year.

I personally look forward to more talk from England of Germany being a one team league while they advance two or three teams into the quarterfinals of Champion's League while Chelsea carry the lone banner for the deep, ultra-competitive English league.

It seems like it should come down to Bayern, Real Madrid, Chelsea, and I guess Barcelona, but at least one of those four will fail. Happens every year.

It´s so weird considering Dortmund played two quite decent campaigns in the Champion´s League aswell lately.
That and every bigger league having dominant periods of single teams again and again since I followed football. At least Italy, France, Germany, England and Spain all had.

Diego Costa is everywhere on the pitch today for Chelsea.  This has been a very entertaining match to watch as you can tell these teams really don't like each other.  I've had the opportunity to watch several Liverpool games and I wish Balotelli would score or do something positive so the commentators would have something else to talk about.  I'm so sick of hearing about him but he needs to perform.  This will definitely be an interesting final 15.  Now Balotelli is off and Lambert is on.  Stat from the game: seven of the eleven goals given up by Chelsea have been in the final fifteen.  Liverpool had a great appeal for a handball in the 87', but it wasn't given.  Liverpool has been in some great positions but they could not find the quality finish today.

Bad News Barrett's appearance on Canadian TV has been rad. He puts Danny Dichio and Craig Forrest to shame and he's barely said anything of note. 

Wade Barrett: Proving "a random British person" can indeed talk about football pretty well.

They had him on for a preview segment last night and I was instantly amazed that even handed simple points like "mention Diego Costa is good", he managed to sound smarter than Dichio. Also, unlike Forrest, he didn't say "brilliant" randomly once. Or every third time he opens his mouth. Forrest's obsession with that word drives me nuts.

They should be worried that Sportsnet might have some BAD NEWS for them.

Craig "quality/whatashot" Forrest. Also, I know that li'l runt Gerry Dobson has made himself the host of football coverage in Canada but fuck him. James Sharman is great because he doesn't take himself or the game ultra seriously but enough so to do the game credit. Way more natural too.

Edit: holy shit, this Bad News segment is unreal! "Phil Jones is injured... Did anybody notice? Jonny Evans is out... He was probably injured by Phil Jones in training." 

• Like 1