DVDVR Message Board

November 2014 Fùtbol

Dolfan in NYC

Missed basically all of the Bundesliga matchday because of family events. Saw the highlights of Bayern vs Dortmund and I really think that Bayern´s game winning penalty didn´t have to be given (Subotic holding Ribery, who in turn pushes Subotic) and much less given away (weird pinfall deflection and IF Subotic feels he needs to foul he should do so earlier). Dortmund however really are riding a wave of bad luck in the Bundesliga. Hummels´ injury leading to Subotic getting subbed on, Subotic following up taking unfortunate part in both Bayern goals. The crisis of Klopp´s team is more a crisis of results than a crisis of play itself, but in the end, results ultimately are what matters in football. I think Dortmund failed to shut out the opposition all season while being on a 16:1- goal differential in cups. 18:1 if you want to count the German Super cup. Kind of crazy in my opinion.

Gladbach continues to be on fire, beating fellow top team Hoffenheim at home by 3-1 and taking second place. They continue being down four points to Bayern and will play in Dortmund next Sunday. Bayern play in Frankfurt.   

At the bottom of the table, winless Bremen and Freiburg both got their first victories of this season. Werder winning in Mainz, Freiburg in Cologne. Hamburg won their home match against Leverkusen who are continuing to lack consistency this season despite showing some really good potential.

We're halfway there, 2-0 over the scum and the game wasn't nearly as close as the score would indicate. I'll be on the bus next week to the raccoon infested dump to see us finish the job. Peggy and Sam were the stars of the game along with the magnificent TH14 (who set up both goals with brilliant passes). Honestly beating them in the playoffs would mean almost as much to me as winning MLS Cup.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Celtic were drawn against Zombie Rangers in the League Cup semis to be played January 31st or February 1st at Hampden. 

That wasn't even the most impressive feat the scum fans pulled off yesterday: they actually set a record by holding a 2 hour moment of silence (don't know exactly who it was for but it was touching nonetheless).

• Like 1

Man City continues to make Man U its bitch. 

And Russia unveiled it's World Cup logo:

B1ECAQGCUAE5Syz.jpg

The original logo was going to be a homophobic mob beating a gay man to death but Qatar already called dibs on that.

Remember how Man U fans used to complain about Chelsea and City buying success? Their squad on Sunday cost £80,000,000 more than City's. And they still lost. So... Man United are now buying failure.

Mourinho offered the caveat he was not speaking specifically “about Liverpool” but, as he prepares to send out a strong side against Maribor on Wednesday, he made clear he would not have adopted such a selection policy. “I don’t speak about Liverpool, I speak about myself,” he said. “If one day I go to a game and I don’t feel I can win, maybe I don’t go. So, normally, against the most difficult opponents, I will try to go with my best team.

“But who knows? Liverpool might play a fantastic match and win and rest players and the players are in great condition to play against Chelsea. In this case it might be a genius decision. In football it is difficult to comment.”

• Like 1

Dortmund beat Galatasaray at home, 4-1. Some Gala-"fans" not only lit fireworks (which sparks overreactions most of the time, forbidden or not), but in an attempt to disrupt Dortmund´s fairly controlled game first shot said fireworks onto the pitch and later into the pro-Dortmund parts of the crowd. Here you have the reason why clubs get fined and pyro in the stadiums get frowned upon.

Arsenal´s 3-3 after a 3-0 lead is really surprising, but Anderlecht hasn´t really been as bad as their results suggested so far. Still, Arsenal is in a pretty great position to qualify for the knockout stages.

Leverkusen was the other German club to play today, and after a close 2-1 win at Zenit they have a pretty good shot of not only making the round of the last 16, but also of winning their group. One win in one of their remaining games (Monaco at home next, then Benfica away) will do so. Behind them, the other three teams are very close to each other.

Real seems to have won their group, Liverpool is struggling mightily and can´t afford any slip ups now.

Atletico seems to have recovered, Malmö can still be the team to profit from Juve and Olimpiakos only looking out for each other (hey, a Swede-at-heart can dream, right?).