DVDVR Message Board

November 2014 Fùtbol

Dolfan in NYC

Not only did they clear Qatar, they criticized England for trying to "curry favour" with Jack Warner.

Hans-Joachim Eckert, Fifa's independent ethics adjudicator, writes that England's bid team "showed a willingness, time and again" to meet Warner's expectations.

By doing so, it damaged "the image of Fifa and the bidding process".

Not only did they clear Qatar, they criticized England for trying to "curry favour" with Jack Warner.

Hans-Joachim Eckert, Fifa's independent ethics adjudicator, writes that England's bid team "showed a willingness, time and again" to meet Warner's expectations.

By doing so, it damaged "the image of Fifa and the bidding process".

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Like 1

The fact that the Qatar is being greenlighted for the World Cup shows FIFA's basic contempt for humanity. I don't care how old he'll be , if these bastards do end up hosting I want Robbie Rodgers on our roster to show them our contempt.

Germany beat Spain in Vigo in the battle of the second stringers after a goalkeeping mistake by the subbed on Casilla (no typo there). Germany showed some good defending, especially the back line and the midfield-fullbacks looked quite decent. Kroos and Khedira - oddly enough being veterans - had somewhat weaker games, especially Kroos gave the ball away far too often. It´s the first victory for Germany over Spain in fourteen years and the first away victory for Spain since the 1982 World Cup. This also concludes the international season for Germany.

The FIFA ethics commission thing is beyond belief. Incredible farce. But, to be honest, I don´t feel like anyone of us here expected anything else. FIFA is always acting like they were looking into things, analizing etc., just so they can ultimately flip the bird in everyone´s faces. And football fans like us, admitted, are stupid enough to watch the stuff anyway. The only way I can see myself NOT watching the World Cup´s 2018 and 2022 is if teams actually really start boycotting those tournaments. 

So, if you were hoping to see Bayern's dominance as a European power broken any time soon, good luck with that, because they just freed up a bunch more money that can go towards players:

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2014/0000307138.php

Say what you will about Bayern. But in the climate of sports organizations extorting government funding for stadiums, this is something to applaud. Model flagship organization.

• Like 1

Meanwhile...the world's most valuable club, Real Madrid has 600 mil worth of debt

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/11/21/5658431/debt-is-power-how-real-madrid-can-get-away-with-being-600m?ICID=HP_FT_1

"The club have two new credit lines, but they've had to use the advertising income and the season ticket sales for the next three or four years as guarantees to the banks, because they don't trust the club... That's not me saying that, it's from the club's annual accounts," Mendoza added to AS."

Something's gotta give eventually...

Swansea playing some great football so far. Aside from Dyer's nice pass for the goal, they showed good passing on their counter attack just prior to the goal.

I don't think we'll see many tackles in this game. Both teams want to pass the ball around.

• Like 1

Now now lets refrain from blasphemy towards Angel

The more i see it the more i think the FA need to axe Mike Dean, other than Wenger HOW DOES ANYONE NOT SEE THAT AS A STRAIGHT RED?

7 points from the last 4 games which included games against Chelsea, City & Arsenal, not bad for a side who have had 42 injuries in 12 Games.