DVDVR Message Board

NHL - November 2014

Dolfan in NYC

I know it was only 2-0 for the Devils but tonight's "effort" from the Oilers crossed all boundaries of unacceptable.

Yet another year we're eliminated from the playoffs before December.

Petry and Marincin might be the only players tonight to escape scathing hellfire. And our coach doesn't think Marincin is good enough to start regularly over Keith Aulie or the corpse of Nikita Nikitin.

Fuck me.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Lucic got some just desserts last night from Dalton Prout.  Then tried the old "I wasn't ready yet" bullshit.  Eff that guy.

Waiting at the Greyhound station in DC for bus back to New York. Had a hell of a night here with a large and vocal contingent of fellow Sabres fans. Outshot by a 2-1 margin and we managed to pull it out. 3 game winning streak!

What a kick in the nuts if you're an Oilers fan with CBC cutting straight from that embarassment to Calgary tying it up with hard work with less than 10 seconds left.

Bob Cole unaware he was on the air after OT ended just called the shootout "a stupid rule". Amazing.

The suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.  The Edmonton Oilers.

There's sort of this pushback online in recent years against things like "leadership" and "character" but the Oilers clearly have very little. They just fold and accept their lot in life as a shitty team so easily. I think you gotta split up the core. Freshen it up, get some guys in there who aren't accustomed to losing.

They've sucked for so long now yet they don't have nearly the amount of talent you'd expect. RNH and Hall.  That's really it in terms of stuff you can't acquire through trade or free agency.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Yeah the fans of that club deserve better, and you can't blame them for expressing it. 

Rangers v. Canadiens on NHL Network tonight at 7.  This should be good.  I've got two half gallons of Oberweis egg-nog I have to drink before they expire tomorrow, so need to get cracking during this game. 

Best thing about Verizon Center: they have a $9 souvenir soda that includes unlimited refills. Most places charge $7-$8 and don't even give you one refill, let alone unlimited ones. Actually not a bad place to watch a game, kind of like a cross between WFC and First Niagra.