DVDVR Message Board

Nov Animated GIF Thread

JustJay

Anywhere else, that spot would be shit on.

First thing I did when I got home from work was fire up ECW Cyberslam '96 on the Network. Watching Taz do that to Mikey Whipwreck after he already destroyed Joel Hartgood (my own dark horse pick for "sleaziest jobber ever") was pretty frigging awesome. I think that was the Taz/Mikey clip that ended up in the TV opening for a good two years or so after that.

First thing I did when I got home from work was fire up ECW Cyberslam '96 on the Network. Watching Taz do that to Mikey Whipwreck after he already destroyed Joel Hartgood (my own dark horse pick for "sleaziest jobber ever") was pretty frigging awesome. I think that was the Taz/Mikey clip that ended up in the TV opening for a good two years or so after that.

iLpU4iMBYsZRW.gif

Taz vs Mikey Whipwreck - ECW Hardcore TV  3 12 1996 - .

-------------

ibtmlvHeBNre3D.gif

iC9a68hMkBzmF.gif

itnmlVprRDJ5L.gif

iLsZ0mNqgCmJU.gif

iC9a68hMkBzmF.gif

iC9a68hMkBzmF.gif

iC9a68hMkBzmF.gif

iC9a68hMkBzmF.gif

• Like 3

iLpU4iMBYsZRW.gif

Not to be that guy, but this is completely different than Hase's Uranage.  This is a overhead head and arm suplex, Hase's Uranage is a legit judo technique that isn't a straight head drop. 

uranage.gif

If someone wants to shit on Taz's suplex, I'd understand though I wouldn't really agree with them, Hase's Uranage on the other hand is a thing of beauty. 

• Like 1

Jeff reacts exactly the same way I did.

tumblr_neqpfrBc6R1rofocqo1_500.gif

photo-thumb-5202.jpg?_r=1398785988 Posted by Goodear on 02 March 2014 - 03:52 PM in The PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING

jaedmc, on 02 Mar 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:snapback.png

cool arrow, on 02 Mar 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:snapback.png

Goodear, on 02 Mar 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:snapback.png

Why does Styles still use that damn thing?  He's hurt or nearly hurt like 4 people with it and its not like its the world's most awesome finish that ever finished.

The Spiral Tap would be a more impressive (and presumably safer) finisher.

I didn't even know the Styles Clash was dangerous. Certainly not more dangerous than a move where a guy jumps off the top rope and does a bunch of flips before landing on you.

The thing about the Styles Clash is that the risk/reward ratio is all sorts of messed up.  If everything goes perfectly, its a pancake face bump that is not even all that impressive.  If it goes wrong?  Which it has several times now, its a guy slamming his whole body weight and your whole body weight down on your neck!   And it can go wrong real easy considering AJ is maybe 5'11'' and the guy taking the move's head is swinging within inches of the canvas during the pendulum portion of the move.  It's probably a bitch to restrain from the instinct of tucking your head.  A 6'7'' guy would give you a ton more space to work with and would be way safer.  AJ can use the Playmaker for all I care, he shouldn't be using a move that doesn't look that great unless it goes horribly wrong.

The thing about the Styles Clash is that the risk/reward ratio is all sorts of messed up.  If everything goes perfectly, its a pancake face bump that is not even all that impressive.  If it goes wrong?  Which it has several times now, its a guy slamming his whole body weight and your whole body weight down on your neck!   And it can go wrong real easy considering AJ is maybe 5'11'' and the guy taking the move's head is swinging within inches of the canvas during the pendulum portion of the move.  It's probably a bitch to restrain from the instinct of tucking your head.  A 6'7'' guy would give you a ton more space to work with and would be way safer.  AJ can use the Playmaker for all I care, he shouldn't be using a move that doesn't look that great unless it goes horribly wrong.

Even when executed perfectly, it's a stupid finish.  It's not even a "pancake face bump."  Not to get into physics when discussing wrestling because -- holy shit, this is a "sport" where people rebound helplessly when thrown to the ropes -- but come on.  All the speed of the move and the force of the guy's body coming down on you is directed at your knees.  The head and chest don't move that much, but the opponent's knees hit the mat at high speed.  Maybe it should be an elaborate setup for a leglock. 

He's selling the KO.

I dig Kyle O'Reilly's MMA style selling. Not a lot of guys are doing it and I think it makes things look a little more legit. Of course, sometimes he goes overboard and then ignores all the selling he just did... but... I dig it.