DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I hate to be the wet blanket/cold water-thrower/negative neddy but rumors about

Sting

and

Cena heel turns

sound to me like things WWE would "leak" out to various sites in order to build up interest in a PPV that a lot of fans seemed to be disinterested in.

I'm not saying one or both won't happen but I'm saying I would temper my expectations in case neither one does.

• Like 1

Too late for Sting to be the special guest referee?

I tend to think they should hold-off on reintroducing Reigns, at least until tomorrow. If Orton and Sting are already involved, then that feels like enough.

They've done well to build up the main event, but there's not a lot else on the card to get excited about. The 4-way tag match could be good if it's an elimination match, but it probably won't be - it will most likely be solid but little else. Bookies have Miz/MizDow going over, but I'm not convinced they'll go there as that act is already over whilst Gold&Stardust kinda need the belts.

Divas Title match is interesting, Nikki and A.J. are probably capable of a good match and might get the time to do it - but can A.J. be bothered? Signs point to no.

Team Paige vs Team Fox will probably be pretty quick and yadda yadda yadda, Emma on a big show is pretty funny though. Team Fox will go over

That leaves Wyatt vs Ambrose - interesting place on the card as the only male singles match, but they're obviously not going to go full-blast . Wyatt probably needs to go over here somehow, in a way that doesn't hurt Ambrose too much but doesn't involve interference.

I'm also of the opinion that the Cena Heel Turn makes no actual sense right now, at least in terms of the Rollins push.

So predictions are: Fandango, DustBros, Nikki, Wyatt, Team Fox, Team Cena

I don't see any point in leaking fake news about comebacks/heel turns to swerve the smarks when it won't mean a single extra dollar because it's all free this month (except for us in the UK).

Plus at this point a swerve would piss off a whole lot of fans.

Yeah, I don't think it's on the table but it's a fun idea nonetheless. The other stuff will likely play a part in the Authority going bye bye. Didn't somebody post that Stephanie was pregnant earlier this month?

Sting, Orton, Reigns & heel Cena, all for free!!!

Yeah, not really buying it all either. I figure it's just people stirring up shit to get people talking so there's more last minute anticipation & social media rumblings before the show.

This reminds me of the March Raw show when Dave was given ''accurate'' news that Punk was scheduled to appear. Jericho is stirring up shit on Twitter as usual about the subject.

Yanno what made Taker losing the streak so special is we didn't know it was coming. Sting showing up would be awesome but I can't help but feel apathetic about it. Spoilers blow

This reminds me of the March Raw show when Dave was given ''accurate'' news that Punk was scheduled to appear.

Except that Meltzer was careful to say he was told Punk was going to be in Chicago. This time Dave is unequivocally saying that The Plan is for Sting to show up tonight.

Watching the Pillman Documentary and clips on youtube of his WWF run makes me wonder if he wouldve gotten to the same level or close behind the level Austin got too if his ankle atleast recovered to level of him being able to work at a normal level. I do kinda see him leaving with Bret after Montreal because Bischoff said they talked about him coming back anyways before he died. I just see Pillman as a guy that would continued to do things to stay relevant so im sure he would've had many more tricks up his sleeve but you know he really wanted to be active in the ring.

That Pillman Documentary is my favorite on record.

Watching the Pillman Documentary and clips on youtube of his WWF run makes me wonder if he wouldve gotten to the same level or close behind the level Austin got too if his ankle atleast recovered to level of him being able to work at a normal level. I do kinda see him leaving with Bret after Montreal because Bischoff said they talked about him coming back anyways before he died. I just see Pillman as a guy that would continued to do things to stay relevant so im sure he would've had many more tricks up his sleeve but you know he really wanted to be active in the ring.

That Pillman Documentary is my favorite on record.

An interesting thing to look up...Bruce Mitchell wrote an excellent article in the Torch regarding Pillman after his death. Bruce is a crumudgeon but usually insightful and informed.

So I'm listening to the Bischoff shoot interview and when going over the Starcade 97 finish he basically shits all over Sting, saying he came in with a bad physique, no tan, didn't want to help plan the finish and had no intention of working a full schedule however does admit the fast count was a fuck up.

He sounds like he's covering for Hogan big time constantly saying "I need to say this carefully" over and over.

I translate all of it as "he's not ready, brother."