DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yeah, they almost completely glossed over his face turn and jump right from his WM 3 match with Steamboat to the WM 4 WWF Title tournament. I enjoyed the doc for what it was, but certainly could've been so much more. If anybody deserves a full 2 or 2 1/2 hour doc on his career, it's Macho Man.

Also, after watching this, I was curious about his final run in WCW and found that his last match in WCW was with Dennis Rodman at Road Wild '99 and then he didn't have another match until his final one in TNA in 2004. Pretty sad that such an amazing career ended with those two matches.

My sympathies to the first guy in NJPW to take the Steiner Screwdriver in 2015

Is Big Daddy Yum Yum busy?

I like Byron Wilcott...his nickname, not so much.  :blink:

Weirdly the past two years I have seen Byron live 3 times. Never was he announced as Big Daddy Yum Yum. I do love that he was the WWE developmental worker that claimed he was the one that knocked up Kharma.

Yeah, they almost completely glossed over his face turn and jump right from his WM 3 match with Steamboat to the WM 4 WWF Title tournament. I enjoyed the doc for what it was, but certainly could've been so much more. If anybody deserves a full 2 or 2 1/2 hour doc on his career, it's Macho Man.

Also, after watching this, I was curious about his final run in WCW and found that his last match in WCW was with Dennis Rodman at Road Wild '99 and then he didn't have another match until his final one in TNA in 2004. Pretty sad that such an amazing career ended with those two matches.

Actually he had one more match in WCW, a battle royal.

Foley worked a Royal Runble after he left TNA, and Backlund worked one of those horrible Juggalo shows.

I'll admit that those Juggalo shows are awful but the ICP pay the Legends really well from what I have heard, so that's pretty cool.

Also, the commentary on the Stranglemania shows was hilarious to me.

• Like 1

Weirdly the past two years I have seen Byron live 3 times. Never was he announced as Big Daddy Yum Yum. I do love that he was the WWE developmental worker that claimed he was the one that knocked up Kharma.

I think the last time I saw him live was the first time he called himself Big Daddy Yum Yum. He was introduced as Wilcott before a match with Rob Conway, but got on the mic and said that from now on, he was calling himself Big Daddy Yum Yum. It went over about as well as you might think it would.

I think the last time I saw him live was the first time he called himself Big Daddy Yum Yum. He was introduced as Wilcott before a match with Rob Conway, but got on the mic and said that from now on, he was calling himself Big Daddy Yum Yum. It went over about as well as you might think it would.

It loses a lot without Thorpe doing the announcing.

Savage/Rodman could have been a lot worse. It had a nice parking lot brawl between a biker and a giant basketball player vibe to it

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but here's the latest chapter in the sad spectacle that is Tammy Sytch's life.

Hey!

I’ll be Skyping tonight after 7pm eastern time

It’s $10 for every 4 minutes of regular chat

$50 for 10 minutes with some skin (boobs)

$100 for 10 minutes to see a whole lot more icon_wink.gif

Let me know if you’re interested, and I’ll give you payment info

Once payment comes thru, I’ll contact you to set up a time

It’s a lot of fun! And you can do whatever you want on your end

Tam xoxo”

Can we compile a list of legendary wrestlers who had their final matches in TNA?

So far I have:

1. Hulk Hogan

2. Ric Flair

3. Mick Foley

4. Randy Savage

5. Sting (possibly)

Such a shame that so many great careers ended in that garbage pit. 

Nikita Koloff? Or has he worked nostalgia shows since then. Or did he never actually wrestle in TNA because of a Lloyds of London policy?