DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This may sound silly, but they should get Meltzer as third man "expert" in the booth.

Does he talk like he writes?

Worse.  Like, um, ya know.

Y'all can have your damn English commentary.  I VIOLENTLY refuse to be a part of that.

Yeah!  Put Don West on the Japanese commentary team.  Reunited with his garden gnomes.

Let's see Iizuka try to go after the commentators now.

If The Authority is disbanded then Corporate Kane will have to become Unincorporated Kane.

What's come out about Ricardo?

I've missed some news......what came out about Ricardo?

Huh, I thought he said it was Fujinami in his book. I could be wrong or he could be mixing dates. Plus they fought twice, once at the WCW/NJ supershow and again on a Superbrawl.

EDIT: Since we're talking about it how were those two matches, as well as the Collision in Korea matches in general? Hase/Sasaki vs. Steiners looks like a must-watch and I'd also check out Hash vs. Norton just for the hell of it. Then you have Hawk vs. Yasuda going to a merciful two minutes and Benoit vs. Scorpio going a pathetic six. You ain't getting me through Flair vs. Inoki no matter the "once in a lifetime" gimmick behind it.

Keep in mind that the crowd was there under duress and had literally no idea what they were watching.

I just want to know how the matches were like, I'd likely never watch them because 1. I'm too fucking lazy and 2. what you wrote above.

Now, I would go out of my way to watch Flair vs. Fujinami...

EDIT: Let me explain the lazy part a bit, I can't even watch huge Youtube files because they suck my limited net time like a vacuum. And so you are only gonna get me to watch a 15-30 minute file if it's something I absolutely have to see at the very beginning of the month.

Huh, I thought he said it was Fujinami in his book. I could be wrong or he could be mixing dates. Plus they fought twice, once at the WCW/NJ supershow and again on a Superbrawl.

EDIT: Since we're talking about it how were those two matches, as well as the Collision in Korea matches in general? Hase/Sasaki vs. Steiners looks like a must-watch and I'd also check out Hash vs. Norton just for the hell of it. Then you have Hawk vs. Yasuda going to a merciful two minutes and Benoit vs. Scorpio going a pathetic six. You ain't getting me through Flair vs. Inoki no matter the "once in a lifetime" gimmick behind it.

Steiners vs Hase & Sasaki is really good. It won the Observer award for Match of the Year, though I could probably think of a handful of matches that would be more deserving.

I only know of Hoodslam from Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert. The amount of drugs involved make me not even want to learn more about it.

I would worry about my opponent being too stoned to adequately protect me in the ring if I were a wrestler there. Then again, if I were a wrestler there, I'd probably be stoned, too. Surprised they haven't tried putting a show on iPPV (they may have, I dunno).

There's a place for sheer comedy wrestling. I like Chikara's mix of comedy and action and think it could (slightly) catch on if exposed to a wider audience. I know pretty much NOTHING about 5 Dollar Wrestling, but I could listen to Freight Train cut promos all day.

Are there tables and fire and barbed wire and stupid stunts and lots of blood in Hoodslam, or it just wrestling not taken so seriously? The more it's like ECW or CZW in that respect, the less I'd like it. Sorry, but weedwhackers have no place in wrestling. 

Step 1. Steal Don West's underpants

Step 2. ?

Step 3. Profit!!

See, if they had Don West promoting all of their shows TNA might have at least made enough money to stay open if they don't get a charity tv deal. I mean I wanna buy a bobble head Gnome because of Don West right now.

• Like 1

Variety just announced that Smackdown is officially moving to Thursdays on Syfy starting January 15th:

https://variety.com/2014/tv/news/wwe-syfy-move-smackdown-to-thursday-night-in-january-exclusive-1201347349/

Is that just now getting an official announcement?  Considering Syfy has been promoting a new series (12 Monkeys) in Smackdown's timeslot come January, I assumed the move was a given.  I've been seeing Twelve Monkeys promos for a month or two (September?)

Daniel Bryan returning only to be one member of Team CENA would be pretty disappointing in my opinion.

And thank god, if he's not back in time for the end of the Authority. That whole storyline has been driven into the ground and hasn't done him any favors (well, except at Wrestlemania).

Have they confirmed all of Team Cena yet? Could the recent stories floated about Dbry needing ANOTHER surgery be a red herring? Am I grasping at straws here? Signs point to yes.

I don't think they've confirmed any yet.

EDIT: Except Ziggler

And thank god, if he's not back in time for the end of the Authority. That whole storyline has been driven into the ground and hasn't done him any favors (well, except at Wrestlemania).

...that storyline and its leadup are the entire reason why Daniel Bryan is over as a main eventer in WWE.

• Like 1