DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The "vs. streak" matches come with the disclaimer that it wasn't until 21 that the fact that Undertaker had never lost at Mania became THE STREAK. XVII was the first time it was more than an afterthought and 21 was the first time it was a selling point.

Orton COULD have been The Annoited and that would have been perfectly fine, but Wwe made a lot of money in the eight years hence making it a main-event draw.

AMEN to that. 

wm5_gif.jpgwm5_gif.jpgwm5_gif.jpg

wm5_gif.jpg                           79b.gif                                   wm5_gif.jpg

wm5_gif.jpgwm5_gif.jpgwm5_gif.jpg

Fixed (If only I could find a bigger one...)

• Like 5

When did Taker first do the plancha? The Inferno Match?

I think he did one against Sid at either the first or second IYH event in 1995.

Believe it or not, that was actually Nash who did a plancha vs. Sid. It was during a lumberjack match.

Believe it or not, that was actually Nash who did a plancha vs. Sid. It was during a lumberjack match.
From my review ON THIS VERY BOARD

And as I'm typing this, Kevin Nash out of nowhere attacks the band of heeljacks with a tope con hilo...Repeat THAT last sentence as many times as necessary.

Lucha is clearly not my first language.

He also did one at Summerslam 95 vs King Mable.

My favorite part about the Arn Anderson run-in & Spinebuster in that match was that I didn't even see him roll in. It completely took me by surprise. God that spot was awesome.

Part of what makes it so awesome for me is how well it was shot. You don't see Arn UNTIL he plants Undertaker, and then he's out of the ring. It's such a surprise moment.

18 is probably my favorite Mania. I don't know if it's the best, but, between that match and Rock/Hogan, it's pretty damn good.

Best streak match is, and always will be, the Flair match because Arn Anderson got to hit the spinebuster at WrestleMania.

I marked out like crazy for Arn's spinebuster on Taker. I'm pretty sure he also hit it on Tito Santana @ WM5 after Martel walked out on Tito.

challenge:

is there a worse Dog Collar match than Vader  vs  British Bulldog  (Raw 11/3/97)?

if so, i think i need to see it.

i couldn't find it on YouTube, but here's a DailyMotion link (remove the X as it was breaking the board):

xhttp://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/xfals_almoney48_11-3-97-raw/1#video=x2a5ra

P.S.  at least it has the redeeming quality of Steve Blackman debuting. sorta.

This isn't going to piss off anyone (excepting those who foolishly think that there will be a clean finish). The two hosses will clobber each other for a few minutes and then Rusev will hit Sheamus with the flag pole or a chair or something and get disqualified. Feud begins.