DVDVR Message Board

The Really Swell News Thread

OSJ

F. Long dumb day at work. End of the fiscal year craziness in shipping and miscommunications I get no lunch and stay late. Hungry and mad. I pick my son up at my parents and he’s super smiley to see me. All is good and I’m happy. My wife takes so. To her mom’s. Cool. I get Mexican food. Derp with the locals at the bar derpin and good. Food forgets to be placed so I’m a few tall beer and free shot of Tullamore Dew in on an empty stomach. I see Zendragon post and say to myself “hey, I like Zendragon”. AxB, “hey, I like AxB”. Life is good right now. It’ll suck again but derpin hard in the paint and all about that life. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

LOL sounds like you're the guy I've been complaining to regarding my orders being mishandled and sent back to the company while perishable lab equipment expires.

Or maybe the person I've been complaining about...

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 1

Shiiiiit. I’ll post compliments:

@The Natural, you are a wonderful human and I love you. 

@Matt D, bless your heart. I was down and you showed up when you didn’t know I needed a hey. You’re a good man and I wish the best for you and your family.

@Gordlow, you muscly motherfucker. I like you.

@zendragon, sup.

@AxB, read Gordlow but for arms.

@Jiji, you are a sweet man and I really appreciate our conversations. 

@Stefanie the Human, I still have to try that sushi restaurant appetizer and I’m afraid to ask what it’s called. 

fuck, I don’t know if they put my food in. I’ll get another drink.

@Technico Support, I like you also.

@DEAN, you like my posts sometimes and that’s cool. Let’s hang out.

I’m getting these weird voicemails where it starts before the recording starts so I don’t know who I owe money to. Hopefully someone doesn’t show up and blow my big toe off. Because I didn’t t pay a bill. 

@Kropotkin's Beard, one day we will become NOAH friends but I’m not ready. It will happen though.

@John from Cincinnati, dear lord you are great. Bless your Cody heart.

@Infinit, you seem like a very positive person and I enjoy your posts.

@Curt McGirt, you’re a a cool dude. If you say you like me it’ll up my cool points by 20. 

OH NO, MY BIG TOE!!!!!  

@Zimbra, sup.

@kenyabaxterZXW, are you Xavier Woods?

So many more I can’t type. Derpin. Still no good. I’ll order another. To be continued?!!??

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

LOL sounds like you're the guy I've been complaining to regarding my orders being mishandled and sent back to the company while perishable lab equipment expires.

Or maybe the person I've been complaining about...

Yes, I’ve sent you test tubes and beakers in regular mailing envelopes.

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

@Octopus thine cool points are UPPED~!

I am now COOL.

MEXICAN RESTUTW T UPDATE: got another tall beer. Bartender said that waitress thought I was cute. I said thank but I’m married. Cool. Octopus is neat with the ladies. Don’t tell my wife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Octopus said:

@Matt D, bless your heart. I was down and you showed up when you didn’t know I needed a hey. You’re a good man and I wish the best for you and your family.

@zendragon, sup.

@Stefanie the Human, I still have to try that sushi restaurant appetizer and I’m afraid to ask what it’s called. 

I’m getting these weird voicemails where it starts before the recording starts so I don’t know who I owe money to. Hopefully someone doesn’t show up and blow my big toe off. Because I didn’t t pay a bill. 

@Kropotkin's Beard, one day we will become NOAH friends but I’m not ready. It will happen though.

@Curt McGirt, you’re a a cool dude. If you say you like me it’ll up my cool points by 20. 

OH NO, MY BIG TOE!!!!!  

@Zimbra, sup.

So many more I can’t type. Derpin. Still no good. I’ll order another. To be continued?!!??

Thanks, bud.  Same.  I needed that at this exact moment because sometimes things are meh.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Octopus said:

@zendragon, sup.

OH NO, MY BIG TOE!!!!!  

@Zimbra, sup.

@Octopus: Thank you for that. Means a lot. You are wonderful, my friend and I love you too, Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
15 hours ago, Octopus said:

Takoyaki, but considering your susceptibility to cannibalism based on your friends wanting to eat your ribs, maybe it's not the best of ideas...

43 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Takoyaki, but considering your susceptibility to cannibalism based on your friends wanting to eat your ribs, maybe it's not the best of ideas...

Which means it’s the last place they’ll look for me and my succulent ribs.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, twiztor said:

yesterday was my 10th wedding anniversary. not posting to brag. i come from a not-so-good home and it just makes me happy. 

Good on you, man, and congrats.  When you come from, uhhhh, circumstances, it's really hard to not keep living the same way you were raised. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hope I'm not derailing anything, but I just really felt like shouting about doing GREAT therapy work with some tough clients these past two days.  Felt great to see emotional growth in people who had practically given up on the concept.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Phew. I don't think I brought this up in here but we got hit by lightning at the house the other night during a hailstorm and it fried

- a TV

- Keurig coffeemaker

- two Dish Network satellite hoppers

- flipped the switch in the garage thus giving us a scare about the garage freezer

- two lamps

- and of course, drum roll please... my stereo receiver

I got a new one for about $190 just now from Best Buy and despite a brief scare about the record player itself everything's working fine. The hoppers are coming to be installed today, too, so I can chop it up with all you goofballs on the Discord tonight during Grand Slam. It really makes you grateful for what you got, not just for what COULD have been nuked (our new fridge, for example? PC and laptop? My Fender combo? Front room TV?) but looking around the world at places like Puerto Rico and Pakistan, what could be running through your living room ruining everything. Sometimes it's good to get slapped down and take inventory, I suppose.

• Like 6

On 6/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, Bustronaut said:

It turns out that my health insurance policy started covering hearing aids in 2021, so after 8 years of tinnitus and hearing loss, I can now afford to actually get some help!

I got a rejection letter for these saying they don't cover hearing aids. ?

So I called to ask WTF and it turns out I was the first person to put in a claim since they started covering them two years ago. The claims department hadn't updated their coverages because of this. Best insurance in the world! ?

Edited by Bustronaut
breaking up the enormous run on sentence
  • Haha 5

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

I don't drink beer and liquor much anymore unless on special occasions. Before I was drinking weekly since the late 00's.

I made myself quit back in '09 because I was drinking whole bottles of vodka alone on the weekends, and had a blackout episode. Decided I wasn't getting a second warning and threw everything out. I still occasionally eye the stores, but then I remember Mom's at home and drive by. Keep up the good work.

• Like 3