DVDVR Message Board

Evolve

Big Fresh

Second round was much better. We won.

There seems to be an RPG and progression system deeper than I expected. Depending on how many maps, monsters, and playable characters this thing has, this could be DEEP.

I love it.

Video games are cool.

Aren't there just the four playable classes?

Technically yes, but not really. There are 4 playable classes and each team needs one person in each class, so you will get assigned a class (you can rank your preference of which class to play as including the monster and the game tried to accomadate that). HOWEVER, within each class, there are at least 3 character to choose from. Each with unique weapons and abilities. For example, one Tracker has this mutant dog that stays with the team, telling you which direction he smells the monster in (very helpful today while everyone is a noob). The other tracker lays down "Sound Spikes" wherever you want on the map and they tip off the team if the monster gets close to them.

The team is also constantly talking to each other, like Left 4 Dead. And I can only imagine how much dialogue they had to record for all the different possible combinations of a team.

This explains it well.

evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter

Seems like 3 characters in each class, so 12 playable characters. Surely with more coming as DLC.

You abandoned Destiny for a game that is like Destiny.

• Like 1

This explains it well.

evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter

Seems like 3 characters in each class, so 12 playable characters. Surely with more coming as DLC.

You abandoned Destiny for a game that is like Destiny.

The story is better in this all multiplayer game than in the $500 Million game. Let that sink in.

Actually, it's really not like Destiny at all, but I wanted to take the cheapshot.

And when did it become DVDVR policy that we can't tease Fresh?

And for the record - I have no problems with the different threads, though the original Evolve posts should have been in the Upcoming Games thread.

Not that it matters since I moved them over to this thread anyway