DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

Trios Championship was balls to the walls if a little uneven because of the clipping.  Not happy with DoD winning but I know why it happened.  Not every ep can be a go home show for the Technicos.

Now I gotta find the match on youtube to figure out which one troma was...

So, Black Lotus is going to break out of the cell through the wall she's been punching, right?

I was watching the show at like 4 am while I was holding my newborn; and I must say... watching Catrina lick Ivelisse was very awkward at first. 

By the fourth or fifth time, though, I was ok with it...

• Like 4

Wasn't that welt on Hernandez's head already there before the match started (leading my friend and me to believe it was make-up)? Plus, it looked like he took his whippings to the body, thankfully.

Dammit; rolling it back right now and yeah you're right the welt was concealed by his doo rag. Eh, still doesn't diminish the fun feel of the match. I hope Tromataker was savvy enough to get the lone beltwoman's digits; she totally looked like Alicia Witt's younger hotter sister.

I promise I have a girlfriend- I had to leave at like 5am from her house in Vegas to get to some of these tapings in time because it was the one where I was trying to meet Pentagon Jr (photo below)

Hopefully she likes that the preview pic for the highlight video this week is of my groin

BUST OUT THE WIDESCREEN TVS GENTS

• Like 1

I've long thought that the creepiest opening line to anything was Edward Lee's "They cooked heads..." in  The Chosen.

That can't begin to compare to "Dario Cueto came up to me when I was in the bathroom..." *shudders*

Dario Cueto came up to me when I was in the bathroom and told me he had a unique opportunity...

I've said too much

Troma has no time for that girl.  His life, his love and his lady IS LUCHA.

So if he has a girlfriend then that makes Lucha his mistress.  Except in this case it's totally cool for her to know.

That opener between Mack and Cage is a top 3 or 5 match of the season.

Yeah, it was pretty great, although the finish made me burst out laughing. I know this is a promotion that has wrestlers die and come back to life, but that cinder block bit was just too much for me.

That opener between Mack and Cage is a top 3 or 5 match of the season.

Yeah, it was pretty great, although the finish made me burst out laughing. I know this is a promotion that has wrestlers die and come back to life, but that cinder block bit was just too much for me.

A promoter's monster brother ate the face of a wrestler, and you're over here saying Willie Mack's head going through a cinder block is too much for you? :P

• Like 4

Someone spray painting a question mark on the billboard as a batsignal for Rey is my guess.

Like I have this whole scenario in my head where Azteca dies, Lotus ALMOST dies (or maybe dies), Matanza gets loose or dies (have a feeling he never makes it to the ring), everything is really fucked up for both Dario AND the good guys.

So I've only caught the last few weeks, and kinda followed a bit from the start, but the basics of the Azteca/Lotus thing is:

Season starts with Azteca showing up in the Temple to save hoodie guy

???

We find out Dario has a monster locked up in the basement, kills some wrestler

Black Lotus shows up in the Temple looking for something (revenge?)

Chavo turns over Black Lotus to Dario

Dario locks Black Lotus downstairs for a while (months?)

Last week:  Dario goes back to tell Lotus that it's all Azteca's fault, Azteca shows up and meets up with hoodie guy, fade to black

Am I missing anything?

Close.

• Season starts with Azteca showing up in the Temple to save hoodie guy (who has Ricochet's hair)
  • Dario has a giant key around his neck, which gets stolen by Mundo for a while. It's clear the key has something to do with an unseen monster in a hidden room in the Temple. Dario occasionally visits the monster. 
  • Black Lotus in crowd at Temple, looking for someone.
  • Black Lotus confronts Dario about Matanza, Dario denies knowing anything, Black Lotus teleports (?) away.
  • Dario later reveals he knows Matanza, Matanza is his brother, and Matanza is the person in the cage.
  • Black Lotus sneaks in Matanza's room, claims Matanaza killed her parents, readies herself to kill him, but is spirited away by a mystery person (later said to be Prince Puma) since she'd die if she tried.
  • Black Lotus is smuggled out of the temple and to an undisclosed location in a car's trunk, is introduced to Dragon Azteca. Azteca says he was there when Lotus' family was killed by Matanza.
  • Dragon Azteca teaches Black Lotus lucha libre (which looks a lot like Asian martial arts!), repeatedly is convinced she's ready to fight Matanza, but Dragon Azteca stops her every time
  • During this period, Matanza kills Bael.
  • Black Lotus sneaks away to face Matanza without telling Dragon Azteca
  • Chavo convinces Lotus to wait and that he'll help, then betrays her to Dario at the first opportunity.
  • Chavo also tells Dario about Dragon Azteca's involvement, and Dario notes Azteca can't enter his temple. Chavo's rewarded with the Crew, a no DQ match against Demon, and a title shot. 
  • Dario locks Lotus in a cage near Matanza, where she remains. She apparently can't teleport!
  • Dario claims it was actually Dragon Azteca who killed Lotus' parents. It's unclear if Lotus believes this and is angry, or is just angry in general.
  • Dragon Azteca attempts to enter the temple, and is blocked off by the White Hoodie from the opening scene. Azteca insists on going in, despite a prophecy saying he'll die if he does - Azteca says "Dragon Azteca" will live on anyway. White Hoodie's identity remains a mystery.

I think that's all? Need to crowd source this.

Edit: I've been wondering all weekend if maybe the guy in the white hoodie is Ricochet and he and Prince Puma are twins, that's where this show has me.

• Like 1