DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I'm confused about the bracketing of the trios tourney. Striker said that Killshot/The Mack/Big Ryck were already in the finals. After their victory, he said that Son of Havoc/Angelico/Ivie also advanced to the finals. Finally, he said that Puma/Mundo/Hernandez would be taking on Cuerno/Cage/Texano in the tournament. What gives?

So is it fair to say that based solely on crowd reaction, the most "over" wrestlers in Lucha Underground would probably be (in approximate order):

- Pentagon Jr

- Alberto El Patron

- Mil Muertes

- Son of Havoc

- Prince Puma

- Johnny Mundo

- King Cuerno

?

Based on the last two episodes I'd put Havoc over Mil.

• Like 1

Well Mil hasn't been around, that doesn't seem fair.  At the time of his exit I thought he was hugely over.  Of course by my estimation he was the face and Fenix the heel in their feud, Catrina was catting around and Fenix couldn't help but swing on another man's vine.  

Frankly it's a miracle Mil Muertes got as over as he did (and he was clearly very popular based on crowd reaction) given that despite being billed as a monster heel he never got revenge on Johnny Mundo or Fenix for messing with his woman.

Im watching Last weeks episode with the beginnig of the Trios tourny, Why are the Commentators putting much emphisis on tagging in and out. I thought Lucha Trios where loose with the tags. I remember WCW and even WWF when they bought in Lucha stars the commentators said tags always required.

Man, the tapings yesterday were cool as fuck. I met a lot of new folks so I dunno if Scraylo was one or not but I hope it was a good time for you too dude.

Bought a sweet Perro tribute Pentagon shirt that is half his face and half Perro, with the cero miedo on the back.

Bought a mask for my friend. Like his actual mask. Beautiful workmanship.

Nice guy, really accomodating to the fans.

Then I saw Cuerno and introduced myself since I was telling him I wanted one of his shirts on twitter. He's a good dude. Bought the shirt from him- half Cuerno half Fantasma on a giant skull- and fuck, it's sweet. Wearing that one today.

Cuerno is ripped as fuck dude

• Like 2

Man, the tapings yesterday were cool as fuck. I met a lot of new folks so I dunno if Scraylo was one or not but I hope it was a good time for you too dude.

Bought a sweet Perro tribute Pentagon shirt that is half his face and half Perro, with the cero miedo on the back.

Then I saw Cuerno and introduced myself since I was telling him I wanted one of his shirts on twitter. He's a good dude. Bought the shirt from him- half Cuerno half Fantasma on a giant skull- and fuck, it's sweet. Wearing that one today.

I'll be there on the 18th, see you there?

Im watching Last weeks episode with the beginnig of the Trios tourny, Why are the Commentators putting much emphisis on tagging in and out. I thought Lucha Trios where loose with the tags. I remember WCW and even WWF when they bought in Lucha stars the commentators said tags always required.

The announcers said that just to try and offer some explanation for the style but tags are used in Mexico to this day in both main promotions.

Yeah dude, I'll be there.  If you wanted to buy wrestler-specific t-shirts from the guys themselves, I'd bring cash and arrive early (I suggest that anyway- you get better seats showing up early and you need cash for the food truck anyway)

Yeah dude, I'll be there.  If you wanted to buy wrestler-specific t-shirts from the guys themselves, I'd bring cash and arrive early (I suggest that anyway- you get better seats showing up early and you need cash for the food truck anyway)

Mariachi Loco better be working that fucking truck

• Like 1

A-winner-is-you.jpg

I'm normally not jealous of people, but I have no problem I'm a bit jealous.  Good for you, sir.

Don't normally comment on spoilers but I have to...

Absolutely terrified at the Vampiro/Pentagon Jr. feud being built for the finale. There is no reason Pentagon Jr. shouldn't just kill Vamp but if you know anything about how Vamp conducts business you know that has a 0% chance of happening. This promotion has so much good will built with me which is why it's super disapointing to see them falling into the same trap a ton of other promotions have by falling for Vamp's shtick where he's gonna pretend to do something good for a young guy only to come out on top at the end one way or the other. REALLY hope I'm wrong and Pentagon Jr. just murders him but considering Vamp has been angling for his own story & feud with Konnan from day 1 of these tapings... I'm nervous.

I'm not going to hint or spoil anything but lets just say no matter the outcome everything will be okay because it's being handled really, really well right now.  You're going to have to trust me on that but I don't really want to get into any specifics.

• Like 1

Okay, so I can blame you if it goes bad? :)

Like I said - the promotion has enough good will that I'm not writing it off completely. I'm just worried based on the history of the guy involved since he's always only looked out for himself and stepped on many guys to get where he wants. He's a smooth talker and execs tend to fall for that kind of thing.

NHL Playoffs vs Lucha Underground tomorrow. Life is so unfair. :(