DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I really like Angelico, I think he would be a star in WWE or TNA.

I love LU and ROH on Sinclair, so its going to be interesting to see how both companies book Del Rio. He probably have better matches in ROH since they will be giving more time.

I haven't watched this week yet, and thought he looked OK in the 4-way, but Angelico in IWRG was one of the worse wrestlers I have ever seen. He may have gotten better, but it could be smoke and mirrors

Remember when he was in IWRG, even when all of us thought he sucked, a lot of us agreed that with his look and his style that we thought he'd get at least a look from WWE or TNA.

I think he does well in tag team/trios matches doing his big dive and knee strikes & kicks. They found the right tag team partner for him in Jack Evans.

EDIT: I think Angelico will do well in LU since most of their matches are kept short or they'll be some type of multi-person matches, so he won't be over-exposed.

Edited by AlfredoE

I think its Hernandez. Unless they're building him up as the "King of The Dark Matches" with all those dark matches he's wrestled. :)

I think Famous B's next gimmick is going to be him wrestling with one-arm as an homage to the one-armed samurai/swordsman movies that the El Rey Network keeps showing....then it will end when Pentagon Jr. breaks his other arm.

Trying to sidestep thru spoilers, but Hernandez did make TV by the end of the last set of tapings. Seemed like he had a role that would preclude him from being the monster in the basement, though you never know for sure with this show.

Maybe a better thing to guess is: when are we actually going to SEE the monster? My hunch was he wouldn't show up until the end of this season (first week of August), but it'd be a shame to put all that build into him and not have him be a major participant. And there's no guarantee they'll be picked up for season 2 and no sense in holding anything back. Maybe it's not that far away?

I was hiding in the section to your right, I think.

In an hour of TV. Raw is three hours and gets like two things really over most weeks

Raw touches on a lot of things, but most of them don't change much from show to show because the PPV or the raw after are the only times they feel like advancing anything. People want Lucha Underground to have PPVs for reasons, but right now it's great they do not. There's no pressure to wait for a certain date to advance a story, every match moves something forward. Sometimes it's very obvious, sometimes it doesn't leap out until later, but the matches all have a point and are never just there to fill time. Maybe that's the one hour thing, but it's also a bit of a focus thing.

Speaking of things that don't make sense until later: is Angelico actually a rudo on this show? Watching him last night, it seemed that his arrogance wasn't an accidental vibe but something he was doing on purpose. I assumed he was playing the same role as in AAA but that may have been a bad assumption.

Edit: Ooops - this should probably go in the other folder...unless Myzteziz is coming to Lucha Underground.

I haven't seen Myzteziz since he was in WWE so I have a question to ask. 

Did he take all the steroids in the lockerroom back with him to AAA or was he that jacked in WWE and he just didn't stand out in the land of the freaks? 

It has been ten years already since his great year in 2005 CMLL.  Yikes.