DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

Thing is, Agents of SHIELD has mostly been hands off with superheroes.  It's mostly a spy show.  The gifted characters are essentially the villains of the week.  For Speedball to show up, there would have to be a shift in the show toward showing more superhero characters in the cast.

I was kind of let down by all the reveals in Agents of SHIELD this week.  The story with the hidden city, Kraken, Doctor McCrazy Pants, Skye's mother, etc. has become quite convoluted.  

Obviously, Doctor McCrazy Pants has to know that Kraken dissected his wife, right?  The epilogue didn't work for me.  So after dissecting his wife, how would she even be intact?  They just dumped it randomly in a forest?  How did McCrazy Pants know to find it there?  Do his meta human abilities give him those type of powers?

Just a lot of weirdness this week that was very clumsy.  

Marvel is reportedly testing 4 women for Jessica Jones and 2 men for Luke Cage.

Jones:  Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer and Jessica De Gouw

Cage:  Lance Gross and Mike Colter

Of those I would go with Daddario and Colter. 

In regards to AoS, I liked the last episode.  They moved a lot of the story forward pretty quick, but didn't half-ass it.  I do think the Whitehall/Skye's father/Skye's mother thing was a little muddled, but I'm sure it will be cleared up as the series moves on.  It is too important of a storyline to be glossed over, especially if the Skye family are/were Kree/Inhumans.

• 2 weeks later...

So, that city is almost definitely Attilan, right? And Skye & Raina are the first official Inhumans in the MCU, since presumably Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are too but Avengers 2 doesn't come out for another 4 or 5 months.

Considering the inhumans movie that will eventually come out its almost certainly not Attilan. There are other hidden Inhuman cities so I assume its one they made up.

Its already been said Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch won't be Inhumans,

OK, so was that supposes to be Reader, or who at the end there.

And I guess Inhumans are standing in for Mutants.

Still, got Mr. Hyde, Quake, and Tigra in one episode.  

That's finally two Avengers-level heros on SHIELD now.