DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

I didn't love this. A big sticking point with me is gonna be that Raina's make-up looks ridiculous. I also hated how she acted in her scene with Mr. Hyde. For that matter, I hated Mr. Hyde in that scene too, jumping around like Jim Carrey's Riddler. Mack's outburst seemed forced. Fitz and Skye are keeping a secret for no real fucking reason and that's just irresponsible.

Raina is vain, plain and simple. It changed her beauty into being a monster. I thought it was perfectly fine. Mr. Hyde acting giddy was acceptable, too. He's always been a real quirky character on a show full of seriousness.

Mack and Bobbi are most likely working for another organization, and Mack is still pissed about what happened in the mid-season finale. He could see what he was doing, and feel it, but couldn't control it. He blames Coulson for that, so the outburst is just his frustration at the team gearing up for another mission right after everything went so, so badly.

Fitz is hiding Skye's secret because, uh, well, some members of the team would rather just kill her than help her. I can't say I blame Fitz for hiding it. Although it was kind of weird that minutes before, he was semi-furious at Skye for the events in the hidden city.

All that said - it's clear they're already setting things up for Civil War.

Everyone on SHIELD is so screwed up now, and it's tearing me apart!

I hope Skye's secret isn't dragged out for the rest of the season.  Based on the preview for next week, it won't, so I hope that's the case.

Who the hell are Mac and Mockingbird working for now?  It can't be HYDRA right?  I'm assuming its Talbot.

Loved tonight's episode. Thought they went in some interesting directions for nearly everyone and am curious to see where it all leads by the end of the season.

I figure Mack and Bobbi are working for Fury.

Simmons direction makes me wish they could use mutants and the affiliated hate groups.

Was there a purpose to Skye picking up little pieces of broken glass that I missed? The chances of cutting herself were 100%.

I took that as her attempt to clean up so nobody sees what happened.  Guess she didn't have a broom or anything in there.

This episode took some interesting turns.  Mack appears to still be recovering from what happened to him, Caulson is more on edge than ever, Fitz is much more temperamental, Simmons feels for remorse, and Raina now is an evil inhuman.  Add to that Skye being an inhuman and freaking out and this makes for one fun season.

Yeah, Simmons turned on a dime in this episode. I understand she's seen a lot of crazy, but she wasn't turned into a thing like Raina was. I'd expect scientific curiosity for this new stuff would still overtake her, but hey, someone's got to be on Tony's side next year.

Yeah, Simmons turned on a dime in this episode. I understand she's seen a lot of crazy, but she wasn't turned into a thing like Raina was. I'd expect scientific curiosity for this new stuff would still overtake her, but hey, someone's got to be on Tony's side next year.

He'll have Rhodey, presumably?

He'll have Rhodey, presumably?

I'd guess Banner, too, if the remnants of SHIELD (or whoever) can help him control his own weapon of mass destruction.

Or is it a better story if Rhodey opposes Stark?

Loved tonight's episode. Thought they went in some interesting directions for nearly everyone and am curious to see where it all leads by the end of the season.

Simmons direction makes me wish they could use mutants and the affiliated hate groups.

Working for Fury makes no sense.  Why would they work for Fury to get information that Fury directly gave Coulson and gathering intelligence of Coulson and Fury's cube thingy?

I've seen people speculating online that Mack and Bobbi are secretly working for S.W.O.R.D. I noticed during Mack's rant how he specifically mentioned how he was fed up with all this "alien crap", so that could definitely be it.

Well Kingpin was originally a Spider-Man character.  Punisher originated in Spider-Man as well.

I assume it probably has something to do with the characters existing outside of those properties.  Remember, all of these are Marvel characters and Marvel licensed everything out.  So chances are they said, "Here's Daredevil.  Daredevil gives you Kingpin, Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye."  Instead of giving Kingpin to Sony just because he first appeared in the pages of Spider-Man.