DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

20 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Listen, Rotten Tomatoes is a cesspool and anyone saying it's not is not paying attention to what's going on.  I've been saying it for a couple years now but this is a fine place to discuss it.  Just look at the people who have reviewed Civil War so far. I think Civil War is going to be great but it shouldn't be at all shocking that it's 100% with 15 reviews in when you see who is doing the reviewing.

Devin Faraci is the same piece of crap from Birth Movies Death that "reported" Suicide Squad went for reshoots to add humor because they were panicking about Batman v. superman.   Not true at all.  This guy doesn't have sources, he's nothing more than one of those wrestling sites that will arrive at their own conclusion to shit like "so and so lost because he or she has heat" 

Devin is a Marvel fanboy and a DC hater. He has said as much on his Twitter. He's not shy about it.  Yet, his positive review for Civil War is counted in the total.  His negative reviews for all DC movies are counted. 

Then you have other sites like IGN, Uproxx, shit like the Daily Beast. These aren't actual film critics. They are bloggers on websites whose opinions on film hold no value.

That's exactly why whenever someone brings up RT it's an eye roller. These aren't film critics.

There are plenty of legitimate critical voices on Rotten Tomatoes.  Yeah there are some that clearly don't deserve to be on there, especially when I don't get counted on the Tomato Meter, but them's the breaks.  

This is cute, Paul Rudd tweets video insults to people who chose Team Iron Man and praises the ones who chose Team Cap:

http://hellogiggles.com/paul-rudd-will-call-you-a-jerk-on-the-internet/

Question - since this is already 44 pages and technically none of the Phase III movies are out yet (plus the change in original plans with the addition on Spiderman) I want to reset

So would you all prefer moving to individual movie threads or just another catch all Phase III thread?

Not a rush yet - but I do want to have whatever in place before Civil War's official release

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Question - since this is already 44 pages and technically none of the Phase III movies are out yet (plus the change in original plans with the addition on Spiderman) I want to reset

So would you all prefer moving to individual movie threads or just another catch all Phase III thread?

Not a rush yet - but I do want to have whatever in place before Civil War's official release

Catch all Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Three topic.

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

We've prob discussed thus before, but if Fox has Kang, does that also mean they have rights to Immortus and Scarlet Centurion and Rama Tut?

That would be my assumption since those characters are all tied into Kang's bio.

I would actually like to see Kang in a GoTG movie since nearly all of the classic Trek stories mix space travel with time travel.   They'd need a really good sci-fi guy helping out with the script.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

James Gunn:  I'd really like to use Kang and Annihilus.  Too bad Fox owns the rights.

IIRC the FF license also includes Galactus and the Skrulls. 

Perfectly fine cosmic villainy for GoTG movies that will be languish due to legal issues.

I think I've read that the Skrulls in general is a situation like Quicksilver where both Fox and Marvel can use them. The Super Skrull character, however, belongs to Fox.

11 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Kang and Rama Tut being the same person is the reason he's tied to the Fantastic Four rights, isn't it?

That's been my assumption, but no one has officially confirmed it.  

As for villains they *can* use, I'd really like to see the Church of Universal Truth but that might be too exposition-heavy (and would definitely require an Adam Warlock appearance).  I'm guessing if they can't use Annihilus, they can't use Blastarr or Burstarr either.  

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

We've prob discussed thus before, but if Fox has Kang, does that also mean they have rights to Immortus and Scarlet Centurion and Rama Tut?

Scarlet Centurion might be weird, since Marcus appeared probably 20 years before he was revealed as Kang's son, and the first Centurion to appear was a Squadron villain.

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

James Gunn:  I'd really like to use Kang and Annihilus.  Too bad Fox owns the rights.

IIRC the FF license also includes Galactus and the Skrulls. 

Perfectly fine cosmic villainy for GoTG movies that will be languish due to legal issues.

I still suspect Kang is more of a Quicksilver/Wanda situation where both can use him. If I'm being honest though I'm sort of happy Gunn can't use them. I liked the first Guardians well enough, but nothing he did in it makes me think he would use the bigger galactic characters and races well.

• RIPPA locked this topic