DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

Easy guys. This is a comic book film, where's the humor? But seriously, great discussion going on. I'm with Cap on this one UNLESS it's revealed that I don't know Winter Soldier is going around creating more and more chaos but we won't know until we see it. Fuck anybody in the government though, after all that's happened you can't blame Cap for his DTA stance.

I dont rememebr which thread we were discussing the crossover of modern characters, but i was talking to a longtime comics store owner and he doubted my saying that Deadpool really had that to the general public. He said the comics movie auidence migut know him, but the average person on the street did not.

I see more Deadpool t-shirts/car decals/etc than any other Marvel out DC character these days, even before the movie made roughly all the money ever.

Thing is, that comics store owner was completely right, assuming he was talking before the movie came out. Deadpool's mainstream recognizability has presumably taken a big jump now.

I suspect Fowler is falling victim to confirmation bias. Or he just hangs out in really shitty places.

I dont rememebr which thread we were discussing the crossover of modern characters, but i was talking to a longtime comics store owner and he doubted my saying that Deadpool really had that to the general public. He said the comics movie auidence migut know him, but the average person on the street did not.

I see more Deadpool t-shirts/car decals/etc than any other Marvel out DC character these days, even before the movie made roughly all the money ever.

Thing is, that comics store owner was completely right, assuming he was talking before the movie came out. Deadpool's mainstream recognizability has presumably taken a big jump now.

I suspect Fowler is falling victim to confirmation bias. Or he just hangs out in really shitty places.

Michigan?

Tony created his enemies, because he had no accountability.  So now he's wrong for wanting accountablilty?

Bucky being able to be reformed is irrelevant to the fact that, going by the trailers, he's wanted as the primary suspect in bombing whatever building that is that got blown up in the trailer.  So Cap's right for harboring him using his superhero team that's above the law?

Again, how is Cap not the tyrannical bad guy in his own movie?  And how is Tony wrong?

Tony's demanding everybody be accountable for his actions. Not only that, he demands that they be held accountable by people who aren't particularly trustworthy. 

Keep in mind that the higher powers we've seen thus far are guilty of the following:

• Attempting to weaponize the Iron Man armor. Confiscating the armor for the USAF (Iron Man 2)
  • Attempting to weaponize the Hulk. Succeeding in weaponizing the Abomination (The Incredible Hulk)
  • Firing a nuclear missle on NYC (Avengers)
  • Being infiltrated by HYDRA. (Winter Soldier)
  • Like 1

My own unofficial reading of the situation is thus:

A friend made me a felted Deadpool logo pin that I wear on one of my tuques. After about 5+ years of having it, I'd say it's about 2:1 with people asking me if it means I have a peanut allergy versus people yelling "Deadpool! Yeah!"

Maybe even 3:1.

• Like 1