DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

That's news to me.  If they did, she would probably want to get paid big time, and Marvel might be concerned about spending $200 million or however much on her solo movie and worry about the returns.  

Also not trying to be a jerk, but I don't think Black Widow works very well as a solo character.  Maybe Scarlett Johansson and her version of the character has the fanbase to support a solo movie, but most of the Black Widow solo stories are the more adult, darker stories as I recall.  She doesn't have the most compelling list of rogues either.  

Presumably, it would be some kind of Bourne/Bond movie, but Winter Soldier (with BW) already did that genre Marvel Studio style.

And they could either use the Red Guardian (some version) or the Blonde Black Widow as the villain. I bet the core demo would love a main event catfight. #marveldivarevolution

That would also be the first real "evil double" of the MU era. I'd be super into that.

Honestly though, Lucy did almost half a billion worldwide and a Widow movie could probably be done on $100 mil or less if you made it a compact spy thriller more than a superhero explosion FX fest. I don't get their reticence to go for this. As opposed to Hawkeye who hasn't had to draw anything and with Jeremy Renner being kind of a flop as a major leading man push. So that I get. BW should be in phase three before Scarlett ages out or opts out of the role.

• Like 1

Deadline reporting Marvel Studios are near a deal to bring Mark Ruffalo's Hulk to Thor: Ragnarok.

Didn't see this coming. Hoping Thor gets a great solo film like Captain America's had both times and Iron Man's first.

I've posted this with my phone.

Marvel are negotiating to bring Peyton Reed back again for ANT-MAN AND THE WASP. Probably the right call if they want to retain the tone of the first one.

I hope Peyton Reed returns, he did a great job on Ant-Man with the Marvel Studios/Edgar Wright issues.

Ehhhh. It wouldn't really work with film Hawkeye, I don't think. Out of continuity could be good of that was a thing they'd do.

Huh?  Just open the film up with a shot of Renner drunk in a bar, while a "voice over montage" of his wife leaving him and a judge awarding sole custody of his kids to her plays, and then have him move into a cool loft apartment and then run into Kate Bishop at the archery range, and there you go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't want to spoil anything from a certain series I've been watching but we know for sure that there is an anti-superhero movement going on in the MCU and the people behind it have some valid claims and here it does look like Cap is saying "Yeah but fuck those people because Bucky is the homie" 

• Like 5