DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

Cumberbatch is pretty well known in geek circles but I don't think he's any kind of mainstream star. Maybe if he wins an Oscar for Imitation Game but right now outside Khan I don't think your average moviegoer has any idea who he is.

I've never seen him in anything. I didn't even know what he sounded like until I watched a Youtube clip the other day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From his official Facebook page

blackboltvindieselinhumans-116525.jpg

Vin goes from a role where he does not appear on camera and has only one repeated line to a role where he is physically onscreen and has no lines at all.

Irony can be Ironic.

Daniel Bruhl’s role In Captain America 3 is reportedly:

Baron Zemo

As much as I approve of this, I'd really enjoy it if the new Baron Von Strucker got an expanded role.  How about showing why Von Strucker is smart enough and ruthless enough to lead neo Hydra?

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea where to put this but considering I don't think Spidey will cross over until a Phase III movie, I'll leave it here:

http://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-to-appear-in-upcoming-marvel-cinematic-universe-film/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mailchimp

Well it's long been rumored that he'll be in Captain America: Civil War, so you're probably right.

Considering their first two movies were done in partnership with a major studio, I suppose this deal with Sony is the best those of us wanting a Marvel Studios Spidey movie could hope for. Can't wait to see who they cast as Spidey because that last guy was utterly atrocious.

So Vin Diesel is the first guy that gets to double up on Marvel Characters? I mean, he's still Groot, right?

Technically, Paul Bettany would be first, as JARVIS and the Vision. He claims they're seperate roles, at least.

You're fired Andrew Garfield.

Release dates of four MCU phase three movies shifted.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24065/marvel_studios_schedules_new_release_dates_for_4_films

If they are really going to reboot within the MCU, I could stand not to have to deal with another origin movie.  Just pay lip service to Uncle Ben / With Great Power blah blah blah with flashbacks and get on with smashing some villain in the teeth. 

Preferably featuring Mysterio in the middle of some Riddler-esque crime spree or a Kingpin-backed Scorpion out to keep Spidey from interfering with Maggia business..

I would stay far away from Doc Ock or Green Goblin right now.

• Like 1

Congrats to Sony for biting the bullet and doing the smart thing here. I imagine this involved more pride swallowing than at any one point in human history.

I bet they end up calling the next one "Marvel's Spider-Man," just to make it clear that it's safe to get back in the water.

• Like 1