DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase II Discussion

RIPPA

Captain Marvel has been cast, but they are not announcing who it is until after Age Of Ultron (though I've read a couple rumors it's Brie Larson)

Weird.  Every time I see a rumor on the internets about Captain Marvel,  Katee Sackhoff, Emily Blunt, and Katheryn Winnick are the names I always see batted around.

Captain Marvel has been cast, but they are not announcing who it is until after Age Of Ultron (though I've read a couple rumors it's Brie Larson)

I read that as Alison Brie and almost fainted. 

I got "Brie Larson" confused with "Bree Olson."

I read that as Alison Brie and almost fainted.

I got "Brie Larson" confused with "Bree Olson."

Bree Olson certainly has the body type to play a comic book heroine.

Wife and I finally watched Winter Soldier. It was awesome as advertised.

One question: who was 'the high school valedictorian in Iowa"?

I feel like I should have gotten that reference but all I am like is "Superman??? I mean that is Kansas and the wrong universe"

• Like 1

Oh well

It seemed so specific that it seemed like they were doing a head nod about someone...

And it's a good thing I didn't check IMDB before the movie as, yet again, they weren't afraid to spoil a big plot point (for those of us who had been unfamiliar with the Winter Soldier story)

Wow, you went into that not knowing who Winter Soldier was? You are a lucky SOB.

Glad you loved it.

My wife figured it out fairly quickly

I, on the other hand, am an idiot

• Like 1

You

Wow, you went into that not knowing who Winter Soldier was? You are a lucky SOB.

Glad you loved it.

My wife figured it out fairly quickly

I, on the other hand, am an idiot

You also missed the non-swerve about Robert Redford being the Red Skull.

• Like 1

RDT tweeted something about a major announcement and gave pictogram hints.

My puzzle solving skills say that you should probably keep an eye on all eps of Jimmy Kimmel Live this week.

And damn, I now hate all Avengers trailers.

While I am stoked about the Hulkbuster Iron Man vs. Hulk fight, I was pissed to see that short clip of Scarlet Witch using her powers to apparently mesmerize the Black Widow.

That is what Ultron means by "we can tear them apart from the inside." Plot spoiled..

RDT tweeted something about a major announcement and gave pictogram hints.

My puzzle solving skills say that you should probably keep an eye on all eps of Jimmy Kimmel Live this week.

Apparently it was just them appearing on Kimmel and GMA.

And damn, I now hate all Avengers trailers.

While I am stoked about the Hulkbuster Iron Man vs. Hulk fight, I was pissed to see that short clip of Scarlet Witch using her powers to apparently mesmerize the Black Widow.

That is what Ultron means by "we can tear them apart from the inside." Plot spoiled..

Ummmmmm.... Wasn't that spoiled like 6 months ago?

• Like 1

Wife and I finally watched Winter Soldier. It was awesome as advertised.

Glad you both liked it.

Oh well

It seemed so specific that it seemed like they were doing a head nod about someone...

And it's a good thing I didn't check IMDB before the movie as, yet again, they weren't afraid to spoil a big plot point (for those of us who had been unfamiliar with the Winter Soldier story)

You had to be careful. I remember Marvel spoiled the Winter Soldier's identity in a video. A blurb from a review of the film on Rotten Tomatoes spoilt the big Robert Redford plot development.

Glad you loved it.

My Dad didn't know but figured it out at the screening before the reveal. There were gasps at the screening when the Winter Soldier loses his googles/lower face cover in action and you see him unmasked.

EDIT: A best friend of mine didn't know either until he watched it on DVD.

Edited by The Natural

The first screenings for Age of Ultron for some press happened last night. Here's an article compiling some Twitter reactions. There are no story spoilers in here, it's just everybody saying "Yay" or "Nay". Spoiler: Everyone says "Yay"! So I'm pumped. Strangely, a lot of love for Hawkeye in here:

http://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-early-buzz/

• Like 1