DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase II Discussion

RIPPA

I have a little feeling Avengers: Age of Ultron will be less well received than Avengers Assemble. Even if it is, it shouldn't stop it making a lot of money.

This review agrees with you.

Cheers mate.

If Guardians is a 10/10, I'll give Avengers Assemble an 8.5

Good film, but I question the potential for long term damage to it. I have no real want to see Civil War now having watched that instead.

Just fast track Infinity Series already.

Thanks. How many credit scenes are there so we know how long to stick around for? Cheers.

Correct. Just mid credit

The cast of the new Avengers film say pages of the script had to be shredded every day on set to stop details of the new movie leaking.

Speaking at the Age of Ultron UK premiere, Elizabeth Olsen, who plays new character Scarlet Witch, said security was strict to prevent hacks.

Paul Bettany, who evolves from voicing Jarvis to becoming The Vision, said the script was never emailed to him.

Bettany told Newsbeat it was posted "with a security guard".

He said it had "a name all over every page so I couldn't tweet it... it had to be delivered into my hands".

Credit: bbc.co.uk

Interesting reading how they go about trying to avoid script leaks. I think I remember reading there was only one script for Batman Begins and it had to be read by a single screenplay and no photocopies from The Dark Knight Rises.

RDJ walks out of a SUPER awkward interview.

www.mediaite.com/online/robert-downey-jr-walks-out-of-interview-over-uncomfortable-questions-about-his-past/

Happy returns! Same interviewer who upset Quentin Tarantino with Django Unchained.

Okay, so apparently the "Ant-Man? Eh.." sentiment on the internet has been fucking clobbered by the awesomness of the Yellowjacket armor.

I am jazzed that they kept the Thomas the Tank Engine part from Edgar's original script.

I am suddenly stoked by this movie.  I like how they kinda gave him the Atom's powers so he's not limited to "So... he can shrink.... and control ants.... That's it??"

Okay, so apparently the "Ant-Man? Eh.." sentiment on the internet has been fucking clobbered by the awesomness of the Yellowjacket armor.

I am jazzed that they kept the Thomas the Tank Engine part from Edgar's script.

JT's post reminded me I haven't watched the Ant-Man trailer RIPPA posted. Just finished watching it and I really liked it.

Just came back from Avengers: Age of Ultron! It was great, but definitely had it's flaws. There were a few things that I wasn't too happy with, the way they happened and were presented.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but I can't wait to hear what you guys thought.

RDJ walks out of a SUPER awkward interview.

www.mediaite.com/online/robert-downey-jr-walks-out-of-interview-over-uncomfortable-questions-about-his-past/

Tell them to kiss your ass, Robert!

Just came back from Avengers: Age of Ultron! It was great, but definitely had it's flaws. There were a few things that I wasn't too happy with, the way they happened and were presented.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but I can't wait to hear what you guys thought.

This week blows.

I don't think these are spoilers, but I'll spoiler the possible ones.

Age of Ultron's characterization of The Vision made me want to see a Whedon Superman movie (and I HATE Whedon for the most part)

No Black Panther made me sad

SUPER ULTRA MEGA SPOILER WARNING FOR BIG FRESH WHO HAS ALREADY CLICKED ON ONE SPOILER BOX

Quicksilver's death was a total shock

It really seemed like they were wrapping up the entire MCU at the end, made for a weird tone.

I liked it overall, but it wasn't aMAzing

No Black Panther made me sad

SUPER ULTRA MEGA SPOILER WARNING FOR BIG FRESH WHO HAS ALREADY CLICKED ON ONE SPOILER BOX

Quicksilver's death was a total shock

THIS IS RELATED TO THE SUPER ULTRA MEGA SPOILER

I kinda figured something was up with Quicksilver when he was conspicuously absent from the press bits about Scarlet Witch being in CIVIL WAR.

Saw Age of Ultron this afternoon. It's really good! Don't click the spoiler box until you've seen it. Seriously, just don't.

Was Vision digital, or did they just paint Paul Bettany's red? Because Vision's face looked freakishly identical to his actual face.

Thor said that four of the five infinity gems had popped up recently. So the blue gem is now yellow and on Vision's forehead, the Nova Corps have the red one (and Thor knows about that somehow), The Ether from Thor Dark World is presumably also (the contents of) one, so where's the other?

Strange to have both Fast and Furious and the Avengers be doing the 'Surprise! The character you know little about is married and a parent!' spot one month apart. Hawkeye really turned out to be the most resourceful guy on the team in this movie. Odd that it ended with him going on hiatus rather than joining the B-Team Avengers Cap had assembled at the end... where Falcon is presumably taking Hawkeye's spot as the 'this guy is nowhere near as powerful as anyone else here, but he has legit human skills the others lack*' guy. I mean, I expect that this line-up could be close to the line-up that is the first wave against Thanos (Civil War notwithstanding) but I hope they don't kill all of them before the original team re-unites to save the day in part two. Or will Hawkeye be leading the B-Team by then, with Winder Soldier as a member?

Was Hulk flying off alone at the end sort of an Easter Egg for everyone who wanted them to do Planet Hulk? Because Island Hulk doesn't have the same ring to it. Does explain why he won't be in the next few movies though. Whedon's really reversed the psychology of the Hulk character - the impetus of the story always used to be about not making Banner angry. Now it's about making Hulk calm down instead.

Klaw sure didn't mind having his arm ripped off too much, did he? You'd think he'd be pissed off about something like that. Or in extreme pain or something.

* Although even then it's different, because having War Machine instead of Iron Man, and Cap and Widow still there means it's a very Military intensive group now. So maybe most of them are going to go with the 'we follow orders' and not side with Cap in Civil War.

Someone at Marvel was really paying attention to the criticisms of Superman endangering civilians in Man of Steel. Avoiding civilian casualties is an overriding obsession with every character in this movie. Even the genocidal character, it's mentioned he doesn't kill civilians who surrender, only those who try to fight.

Is this what you're looking for?

Language!

• Like 1

Saw Age of Ultron this afternoon. It's really good! Don't click the spoiler box until you've seen it. Seriously, just don't.

Was Vision digital, or did they just paint Paul Bettany's red? Because Vision's face looked freakishly identical to his actual face.

Thor said that four of the five infinity gems had popped up recently. So the blue gem is now yellow and on Vision's forehead, the Nova Corps have the red one (and Thor knows about that somehow), The Ether from Thor Dark World is presumably also (the contents of) one, so where's the other?

Strange to have both Fast and Furious and the Avengers be doing the 'Surprise! The character you know little about is married and a parent!' spot one month apart. Hawkeye really turned out to be the most resourceful guy on the team in this movie. Odd that it ended with him going on hiatus rather than joining the B-Team Avengers Cap had assembled at the end... where Falcon is presumably taking Hawkeye's spot as the 'this guy is nowhere near as powerful as anyone else here, but he has legit human skills the others lack*' guy. I mean, I expect that this line-up could be close to the line-up that is the first wave against Thanos (Civil War notwithstanding) but I hope they don't kill all of them before the original team re-unites to save the day in part two. Or will Hawkeye be leading the B-Team by then, with Winder Soldier as a member?

Was Hulk flying off alone at the end sort of an Easter Egg for everyone who wanted them to do Planet Hulk? Because Island Hulk doesn't have the same ring to it. Does explain why he won't be in the next few movies though. Whedon's really reversed the psychology of the Hulk character - the impetus of the story always used to be about not making Banner angry. Now it's about making Hulk calm down instead.

Klaw sure didn't mind having his arm ripped off too much, did he? You'd think he'd be pissed off about something like that. Or in extreme pain or something.

* Although even then it's different, because having War Machine instead of Iron Man, and Cap and Widow still there means it's a very Military intensive group now. So maybe most of them are going to go with the 'we follow orders' and not side with Cap in Civil War.

Someone at Marvel was really paying attention to the criticisms of Superman endangering civilians in Man of Steel. Avoiding civilian casualties is an overriding obsession with every character in this movie. Even the genocidal character, it's mentioned he doesn't kill civilians who surrender, only those who try to fight.

Is this what you're looking for?

Language!

The blue one is in the tesseract. The yellow one that is now on Vision's head was in Loki's Scepter.

Joss Whedon is a sneaky bastard. You knew Hawkeye would die in this movie the moment they introduced his family. And then came that switcheroo.

• Like 1