DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase II Discussion

RIPPA

COMPLETELY forgot that, which is crazy because I love the Kree-Skrull War so much. Also, because I only encountered ANY version of Goliath fifteen plus years late, I still think it's kind of hilarious that Josten took up the identity and his first thought was "I'll use the same costume, but replace all the blue with brown. That will be SUPER BADASS and strike fear into the hearts of heroes everywhere."

If only they hadn't already announced Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, we could have had an 'are they making Black Panther into a woman?' conversation.

Unless Boseman is playing T'Chakka in flashbacks or something, and T'Challa will be female.

There's always Shuri, the canonical female Black Panther.

(To elaborate, since Fresh already mentioned her: T'Challa is still around, but hasn't technically been THE PANTHER for like five years now. IIRC he's still the King, but Shuri is the Panther, the spiritual leader.)

(To elaborate, since Fresh already mentioned her: T'Challa is still around, but hasn't technically been THE PANTHER for like five years now. IIRC he's still the King, but Shuri is the Panther, the spiritual leader.)

Ha. After your first sentence I thought you put me back on block.

Allow me to further elaborate:

T'Challa is King of the Wakandan Dead, and lives in the Necropolis. He was stripped of his Kingship and the Black Panther title when he rendered Wakandan Vibranium inert to keep it out of Doctor Doom's hands. He's currently banned from Wakanda as a whole. He still has Black Panther powers due to the Panther God bestowing them upon him to attempt to fight the Phoenix. Shuri is the Queen of Wakanda and current Black Panther.