DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase II Discussion

RIPPA

I hope they don't do the Pirates of the Caribbean thing and hype up some actor out of left field being Peter's dad and instead focus more on Peter's dad being a legit cool character.

That's a big bunch of meh.

The first GUARDIANS trailer front-loaded the "Yes, the name is stupid" gag and then went about the business of showing you how it was not so stupid and, in fact, rather cool.

This is like a minute of generic superhero business, punctuated by HUR HUR ANT-MAN.

Not saying the film will be bad, but honestly just haven't been invested in this project at all for the last six years.  Trailer didn't really convince me of otherwise.

I just don't like Lang being the hero over Pym.  Pym has always been Ant-Man/Giant Man to me.  Something akin to Hank in Earth's Mightiest Heroes is what I want to see.  Not this.

Look to be perfectly honest, Marvel can afford a flop or a double at this point.  Not everything will be a homerun.  I am sure this will do decent business because of the Marvel Studios name at this point.  But even going back to 2008, Incredible Hulk was a letdown.  

And this:

avengersnew.jpg

I really didn't like it when folks thought Guardians was going to be shit when I saw that and probably championed it the hardest from that very first trailer. I don't think anyone lost their shit over that as much as I did. So I'm sure there's someone else on here that sees in Ant-Man what I saw in Guardians and I don't want to shit all over it because it is just a teaser, but my general feeling at this point is...

BillLumbergh.jpg

• Like 1

All the Marvel movies, even the worst ones like Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk, are still utterly watchable. Worst case scenario, Ant-Man is just "fine". Besides, it's like a month after Avengers 2, right? I can't bitch about what is essentially a bonus movie.

• Like 2

This is my life.

My text to a friend: "Did u see the ant man trailer? What's your thoughts?"

The reply: "You think Ant Man ever shrinks down when he's getting laid? I mean, to the size that he can *really* "get up in there?"

• Like 1