DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

Dont know if it was covered in the week 8 thread...

May I ask what you thought of watching the early game? Did it feel alien to you or was it a nice change to the normal 1pm/10am starts?

Would you like it to be a regular thing?

Not real crazy about it since it's so freaking early here on the west coast. I got up to shower and watch the game and decided it was too early so I went back to bed. Watched the whole second half though so I guess it worked out ok.

Bottom line: 630 am is too early for me.

Well the deadline for trades may have passed, but the deadline for sucking is still weeks away!  It's time for:

The Top of the Bottom:  The Road to the Goodell Trophy!

Now with 100% less accusing people of being Gonzalez!  To the rankings!

1) 0-7 Oakland

2) 1-7 Jacksonville

3) 1-7 New York (Allegedly) Football Jets

4) 1-6 Tampa Bay

5) 2-6 Tennessee

6) 2-6 Atlanta

7) 2-5 St. Louis

8) 3-5 Minnesota

9) 3-5 Washington

10) 3-5 Chicago

As you can see, the usual suspects are still on the list, just a few positions have changed.  Chicago may be at number 10, but they made a strong case for belonging on this list after that game with the New England Patriots.  The Vikings hurt their chances by letting the Bucs fumble their way to failure in overtime; will Minnesota be able to bounce back from such a crushing victory?  The Jag-u-wires (TM Jeremy Clarkson) certainly proved that they know how to suck, but they are nothing compared to the Mega Maid that is Oakland right now!

Looking at our top five team's schedules, weeks 10 and 11 will be a big test for the Bucs as they face Atlanta and Washington in consecutive games.  Personally I am pretty confident in their ability to not win those.  We then move to week 13 which is massive as both Oakland and St. Louis go head to head in a match that could shake up the rankings considerably.  Week 14 and 15 could be interesting as well as the Jets play the Vikings and Titans back to back, if they manage to lose both that would surely solidify their bid for their next QB to ruin.  Week 16 will see round two of the Titans and Jags, a game Jacksonville only lost by 2 points; could the Jags stumble into another win?  

So tune in next week to see if there are any major upsets and buckle in because we are in for a roller coaster ride to the oh so bitter end!

I am only saddened that what should have been the epic Jets-Raiders game was played in week 1 when the Jets had not yet given up hope.

I take that back, I am also saddened that the Raiders do not have the Jags on the schedule this year.

But fuck it.  If you're gonna do it, do it right.  0-16, baby!  

HA!

Because the Skins are idiots - RG3 is starting Sunday

It isn't official but I would say it is probably correct.  I guess CSN Washington covering stories with the Skins then guys who work for them like Chris Russell

If true it is extremely risky.  If you thought Super Bob was starting to lose favor with the fans, try losing to the Vikings a week after your backup just beat the 6-1 Cowboys on national TV

Listening to 980 in Washington and the point made was that the sole purpose of this season for Washington was with the fact that they put all these offensive weapons in place, to see if RG3 really is the future of the franchise at QB.  So I kind of understand the move.  I doubt they want to ride along with Colt and then head into next season wondering if RG3 is really worth a damn like they were at the start of this season.  From a business standpoint and the perspective of building for the future, you've got to figure that shit out ASAP and not drag it along another season if you don't have to. 

I get that, but, on the other hand, if he's not at 100%, then rolling him out there doesn't answer the question, does it?

Stranger still because the Redskins' bye is next week. Why not bring him back after the bye instead?

I get that, but, on the other hand, if he's not at 100%, then rolling him out there doesn't answer the question, does it?

Stranger still because the Redskins' bye is next week. Why not bring him back after the bye instead?

Hey, if a team is going to shit the bed this season. They don't need any of those pesky wins get in the way of the draft selection. It has done wonders for my Jaguars.

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm as lost as you all are.

It's probably to satisfy Brittle Bob's ego so that he doesn't go make weird statements to the media.

Like I said at the close of last week's thread, no franchise loves a quarterback controversy like Washington. Some teams have a history of aggressive defense, others have a history of winning with players others have given up on...their DNA is arguing over who their starter should be.

Assuming RG3 is all cleared, I totally get why they're starting him this week. If Colt plays and throws for like 300 and 4 TDs - a distinct possibility against the VIkes - then it's two weeks of "Colt is a pocket passer, he should start ahead of Griffin, he's the classic QB, blah blah"

This way, barring a catastrophe where RG3 isn't healthy and/or suffers a Geno Smith like meltdown, you kinda nip all that in the bud. At least until he loses a game and then everybody in the metro starts whining about putting Colt back in there.

It's probably to satisfy Brittle Bob's ego so that he doesn't go make weird statements to the media.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

Charles Johnson sighting!  Another turnover for the Panthers!  Do something with it this time.

Or not...Carolina will just keep giving Brees an opportunity to pick them apart and with Jimmy Graham he will.

Fuck yeah get down to the ground Brees.  Thomas Davis is laying the wood to Graham tonight.

Yeah our anemic offense can afford to just give the ball away...great job Bersin.

Yay Harper isn't completely useless for once.  What a dreadful game.

Well there's another turnover and I wonder is it time to go to Louisville/Florida St.

This offensive line may be historically awful.  How do you push a 6'8" man around like he's me, I have no idea.

Fucking Cason are you kidding me and Graham for the touchdown.

Since when do the Saints of all teams get those Patriots/Broncos calls? That was possibly PI but he was playing the ball and its kind of a shitty call at a home game. Also I greatly appreciate the wife putting this game on when I was willfully avoiding it.