DVDVR Message Board

Tell Me How You Broke The Board...

RIPPA

• 2 months later...

Occasionally when i click on the "first new post" button, it takes me to the tag cloud for the thread instead?  I assumed it was just fat fingers on a tablet, but now it's started happening on my PC as well.

It's usually just on the 2016 UPCOMING MOVIE TYPE THINGS thread, but spread to the August Wrestling Photos thread today.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since you switched to this version of the board some images and videos don't display correctly for me. Only the top half is visible for some reason.

This is what the recent CWC thread looks like for me for example:

3Vs4yDi.jpg

This can be fixed sometimes by refreshing the page, but it's still annoying. Am I the only one with this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Related to above, often an video imbedded in a tweet (latest example: RIPPA's post on p65 of the pro wrestling tshirt & merch thread) will display fine until I hit 'play' and then only the bottom segment containing the controls is visible. I tried refreshing, turning off adblocker, adjusting flash but no go.

vexing, RAF

• 3 weeks later...

I use my work laptop to log in here 90% of the time.  It's been flagging security warnings about the board, and refusing to let me in, for the last few months, but only if I'm not in the office or logged into the office VPN.  That seems backwards to me.  It also means I can't use the board and Yahoo's fantasy football site at the same time, since Yahoo's stat tracker only works if I'm not on the office network.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2016 at 10:03 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It let me like it still, but for some reason I got that message. I thought that meant I couldn't like it, but apparently it registered. Does reputation mean anything beyond that?

If you like a post with a fast enough double click (mouse malfunction) it will tell you that you can not give rep to this user, because the like registered twice really fast. So for some reason it doesn't' like' then 'unlike' if you do it fast, instead it says you can't give rep (because you are in the process of giving rep).

That's my theory but I could be wrong.

Got a new phone yesterday.  On my old phone I was able to stay logged into DVDVR on both my phone and my laptop at home.  Now, though, with the new phone, it's either one or the other.  If I log on with my phone, it logs me off of on my laptop and vice versa.  Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2016 at 1:37 PM, Go2Sleep said:

Is anyone else getting random hyperlinked words in posts? The "link" just goes back to the top of the page. It's not the worst thing ever, just weird.

I think you have malware. There's some that do that.

And after i did a triple-post, I notice mods can delete those posts. Awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed today that when I type something and click Submit Reply it will say it's sending then cancel itself.  I would have to reload the page and type it again since it didn't hold onto the text like it normally does.  Doesn't happen often but it's enough.  Anybody else having this?

My browser security thing is flagging up all over the place, unsafe website, risk of phishing etc. This is the detail it gave me from the main page. Which is actually the tromataker post quoted earlier on this page.

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4990-may-2016-wrestling-photo-thread/&do=embed&embedComment=527375&embedDo=findComment

Also, embedded tweets are showing up as unsafe content, like this, in this months gif thread.

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=http://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/788721476446908416

Are other people getting this too?

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, ChesterCopperpot said:

I'm noticing something with embedded tweets as well that when they scroll down the pages by themselves

first it's like this

image.png

then - a few seconds later its this

image.png

It's happening on my work computer (internet explorer 11), but works fine at home in Firefox.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

I got a new phone and now every time I switch between it and my home computer I have to sign in again.  "Keep me logged in" is always checked, so I don't know what the issue is.

The same thing happened to me when I got a new iPhone.  It somehow resolved itself after a few days.  I would think that it's probably some kind of ghost session from the old phone that the database is storing until it expires.