DVDVR Message Board

Tell Me How You Broke The Board...

RIPPA

For the past few weeks, the board won't remember name/pass from my shitty iPhone 4. This was never a problem for the previous year and a half. I did all the iPhone tricks to force passwords to save and even allow cookies, but all to no avail. This really isn't that big a deal, but at the same time, I'm a 30-something with thumbs of molasses and having to sign in this long ass user name from my phone all the time just makes me barely ever check the board instead.

Change your name to 'bink'

• Like 1

Is it just me or are some threads being marked as read when they haven't been?  

Happened this morning to me with the College Football playoff thread. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes when I come to the main page it automatically redirects me to some Dr. Oz ad page or how to lose 21 lbs of stomach fat or you won't believe what Ellen did.  DVDVR is the only page this happens on.

Glad it wasn't just me this was happening to. I was like "Oh, god! What got into my laptop NOW?!"

Glad it wasn't something on my end, and I'm glad the board is back up and running again.

Sometimes when I come to the main page it automatically redirects me to some Dr. Oz ad page or how to lose 21 lbs of stomach fat or you won't believe what Ellen did.  DVDVR is the only page this happens on.

It got to the point where it would do that to me on literally every page of the forum. Adblock kills that shit, though.

I've been getting redirected to lots of spammy sites from here the past couple of days.  It's been happening both from the main page and from within threads, but I can't tell which ads might be causing it.

Twice now when I've come to the board, it's redirected me to some site called softwareupdaterlp.com and tries to install some shit. It won't even let you close the window. Had to right click and force the browser to stop. It's happened on Safari and Chrome. Anyone else experiencing this?

*edit*

It seems to do it when I try to go into the gaming section.

For what it's worth, I haven't had the re-direct problems since I posted about it last week

Though to be on the safe side, perhaps Rippa should ban 30 or 40 people. Just to see if it helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm noticing with some pictures and gifs that they just seem to disappear.  It happened on multiple computers using different browsers.  They would originally be up, but at some point they just wouldn't show. up as an image/gif.  It's just blank space.  I hope I'm not the only one noticing that.

• 3 weeks later...

I was having problems myself then I noticed that the YouTube links are now starting with https (at least when I use Chrome with Adblock)

When you post the link - look at it

If it is https - delete the s - it should then work

• Like 1