DVDVR Message Board

Tell Me How You Broke The Board...

RIPPA

The "Report Weird Thing Thread" got all sorts of wonky since the board's issues this AM.

Just to be safe - I am closing that one and starting a new thread.

So if you come across stuff that, in theory, we can fix, let us know here

Not reporting anything, but didn't someone say once that having threads to over something like 50 pages plays havoc with the board? Maybe we close all threads when they reach a certain page count and then whatever mod closes it, just opens a new one?

Yeah - something had broken the tables (I am guessing something like Google or Bing) so when I was debugging I got a billion "Client didn't close table properly messages"

So that was what causing the weird unread post messages.

In regards to the larger thread messages - yes, a suggestion was made to try and keep threads to a reasonable size just because it softs the load on the board as it isn't trying to process 1000 300 page threads. That is why when this board started we moved to a monthly or yearly model with most of the threads.

Plus - it helps that we paid for a better server that can manage a bigger board (the recent problems are more of the malware attack variety)

I broke the board with my awesomeness.

I have trouble logging into the mobile site, too, but I don't need to look at the mobile site so badly that I'm worried about it.

Rippa, you might wanna close the GTA thread an make a new one - that sucker's hyooge.

• Like 1

I broke the board with my awesomeness.

I have trouble logging into the mobile site, too, but I don't need to look at the mobile site so badly that I'm worried about it.

Rippa, you might wanna close the GTA thread an make a new one - that sucker's hyooge.

Goddamnit, do not listen to this man!  He's been smoking that shit he got off Lamar.

Don't kill the GTA thread if you can keep from it.  I've become emotiOnally attached.  It's the first thread that I actually regularly posted in since I began lurking around the DVDVR boards like...goddamn has it been 10 years? More?

Fuck me, I just now realized I'm old.

*edit, because I forgot an O*

Edited by misanthrope304

In Safari (on my ipad) or Chrome (on my phone) I don't see any of the compose options (image/link/etc.) in the reply box in either the mobile or normal versions.

Ive never seen them on my ipad or phone. (Ie, why i never do links correctly)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What can be going on if I have the "remember me" button checked at the login screen yet I have to login every time I close and reopen the browser? No big deal, I just wondered if there's something I'm doing wrong or if I need to change one of them there settin's.

EDIT: It seems to have resolved itself or been resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

For the past few weeks, the board won't remember name/pass from my shitty iPhone 4. This was never a problem for the previous year and a half. I did all the iPhone tricks to force passwords to save and even allow cookies, but all to no avail. This really isn't that big a deal, but at the same time, I'm a 30-something with thumbs of molasses and having to sign in this long ass user name from my phone all the time just makes me barely ever check the board instead.