DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I'm curious to see what happens in the playoffs when that 1 inch of space that guys give Thompson/Curry becomes 0 inches.  

GSW is playing too damn well for their own good.  I still wouldn't pick them in a series against OKC and we are more than likely going to see that in round 1.  I guess it doesn't really matter considering everyone out West is good, but when the game slows down...man.  I wouldn't want to see KD.

Hell it could happen by this fall, if Lebron and Love BOTH leave during the summer.  All the more reason never to let superstars team up to play hero ball, not that Cleveland really had a choice. . . . . .

Rule #1 in dealing with players: don't write letters in Comic Sans.  Let's not forget that. Dan Gilbert is not to be pitied, now or ever, even LeBron loses his mind and sets Quicken Loans Arena on fire.

• Like 1

So I'm not just shit talking the Cavs today..

Every time Kirk Hinrich starts at shooting guard I die a little on the inside.  It's pretty much Keith Bogans 2.0 without the defense.  Kirk can still be a serviceable backup PG, but his days of being able to guard the 2 are fucking over.  It's extra frustrating because Mirotic, Snell and Moore all deserve more minutes and starting Kirk also pushes Jimmy out of the position he has been thriving in.

Thibs had him guarding JAMES HARDEN for fucks sake!!! Gar and Pax need to just cut Kirk, if only to save Thibs from himself.

They all deserve each other in Cleveland. Lebron's a fool for going back and they're fools for all the stupid shit they're doing to make him stay.

Honestly, LeBron was always going to return to Cleveland.  Who didn't see that coming?  I think he returned 1-2 years ahead of his intended schedule.  But with Miami losing the Finals and Spoelstra riding him like a rented mule while giving Wade 1/3 of the season to sit around in capri pants, LeBron decided to leave early.

What would be incredible and surreal is if LeBron somehow returns to Miami.  He's rehabbing there right now, you know.  ;) 

Hard to believe that about a month ago, the Sixers looked like they'd run away with being the worst team in the league and they've climbed out of the basement and now are 1 game better than the Knicks and TWolves.

I haven't seen a lot of the Sixers but what I do get is that they are working hard out there it is just they have developmental talent on most of the team.   I have no idea what the Wolves are trying to do and the Knicks are clearly tanking the season for a better draft and when they can dump the money wasters on the team

Hard to believe that about a month ago, the Sixers looked like they'd run away with being the worst team in the league and they've climbed out of the basement and now are 1 game better than the Knicks and TWolves.

Sixers have had a few embarrassing games this year but they have all been against top teams. I Have the Knicks game on right now and they were down 45 to Charlotte. You don't usually see a score that bad where the team getting blown out has less turnovers than the team destroying them.

They all deserve each other in Cleveland. Lebron's a fool for going back and they're fools for all the stupid shit they're doing to make him stay.

Honestly, LeBron was always going to return to Cleveland.  Who didn't see that coming?  I think he returned 1-2 years ahead of his intended schedule.  But with Miami losing the Finals and Spoelstra riding him like a rented mule while giving Wade 1/3 of the season to sit around in capri pants, LeBron decided to leave early.

What would be incredible and surreal is if LeBron somehow returns to Miami.  He's rehabbing there right now, you know.  ;)

Miami was good for him because Riley was sailing the ship, and knew how to line up the pieces to make it work. Now he's back on the Titanic as captained by the fucking Skipper from Gilligan's Island.I think it's admirable he went back for the people of Ohio(or for his image, which I feel didn't really need rehabbing 4 years removed from The Decision). But he's a fool if he thought he could overcome the ineptitude that is CLEVELAND.

I was reading a piece about how Lebron is one of the oldest 30 year olds in NBA history based on how minutes he's logged since entering the Associations, and it really put things in perspective looking back at other guys who went to three NBA finals and how they followed it up. For 30 he's made a LOT of deep runs, with some pretty lengthy series, and some of those were followed by an Olympic run. Lotta miles when you're that good, makes you wonder how much more prime Lebron we've got. Though even with him all banged up he was still putting up great numbers so it all may be moot.

• Like 1

He played an insane amount of games and minutes from the 2008 summer games, the last two years in Cleveland, the for years in Miami and the 2012 summer games in the middle of that.

It's entirely possible that he's past his peak. Still a great player, but not the force of nature that destroyed everything in Miami's path from that Pacers series on.

The knee where he tore the ACL(the first big injury) is sore and he's got a hip contusion. Thibs said there wasn't one scheduled but they might do one just for precautionary measures after the check up- see how it's holding up after this first stretch of minutes. I'm sure he'll be fine. I mean. As fine as he's going to be.

They might be confused with Mike Dunleavy who just got an MRI.

10,9,8,76ers! 1,2,3,4,5, Sixers! Game was sloppy as hell but a win is a win.

You can really see what's building here. The announcers pointed it out tonight -- they have a bunch of interchangeable part on defense, all of whom can guard a few different positions and slow down pick-and-rolls. They're at least already a decent defensive team and, considering their age, that's boding really well for the years to come. They've reached the "pesky" stage where if they make enough shots, they can beat everyone but the non-elite teams.

Screw the tank talk. I mean, yeah, that's certainly a consideration. But Hinkie et al. also just loaded up on young guys looking to salvage a NBA career. They'll all hustle and bust their asses and play team basketball. There's no dude with a seven year career taking shots hoping to get a free agent contract. Luc Richard's a nice veteran hand. So's Jason Richardson.

I'm going to see them against the Pelicans on Friday. So pumped!

• Like 1

Remember when everyone shouted me down for saying that I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love?  I still stand by that statement.

I agree, it was a dumb trade to make(I think I said it at the time too). . . .

The worse part of that deal is that the Cavs didn't ask Love to opt-in to the final year. Love looks like he's "one and done".

That Timofey Mozgov trade was ridiculous. Its gonna hurt the Cavs down the road.

Remember when everyone shouted me down for saying that I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love?  I still stand by that statement.

I agree, it was a dumb trade to make(I think I said it at the time too). . . .

The worse part of that deal is that the Cavs didn't ask Love to opt-in to the final year. Love looks like he's "one and done".

That Timofey Mozgov trade was ridiculous. Its gonna hurt the Cavs down the road.

You know, if Cleveland goes into the darkest timeline, THEY might be ones moving to Seattle. Really if/when Lebron moves on and so does Love, that would almost kill basketball dead there right?