DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I was looking at the standings and...the Bucks are a .500 team. I don't see how anyone in the Knicks camp can sleep knowing the Milwaukee Bucks has more than three times as many games with a crew of nobodies. And that's a team that lost their big prospect for the season. 

You think a front office like San Antonio or Dallas would put up with that shit?

The difference is those teams have coaches that command respect, but also have proven themselves time and again.  The front offices are just there mostly for the financial aspect, as the coaches have things under control. And besides, does anyone think Pop needs backup?

Right, but let's just assume that Blatt was coaching one of those teams, but the front office was the same.  You think they would allow their star player to walk all over the coach without stepping in behind the scenes? 

The Charlotte Hornets have lost their center and leading scorer, and Al Jefferson’s absence might not be a short-term thing.  “I don’t know how long, but it’s going to be more than one or two games,” Clifford said Tuesday after practice. “They’re still trying to figure it out, but this is not one or two days.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/12/30/5414960/hornets-center-al-jefferson-out.html#.VKNLoCvF8Xw

If you had watched any of the Hornets games lately (why would you?), you would have been able to tell that he hasn't been healthy for awhile.  I hope he recovers quickly as he's the Hornets leading scorer.  This is a lost season anyway so I don't mind too much that Bismack Biyombo will replace his minutes.  What I don't like is that Noah Vonleh had recently been sent to the D-League to get playing time and that could be cut short.  When Vonleh got playing time in summer league, you could tell that the talent was there, but he needed to put on some weight and refine his technique.  I think the D-League would have been great for him now but he could still go back down when Al comes back.  

You know, I was obviously really sad that we lost Crowder and Wright in the Rondo trade, but fuck me.  Charlie V and Greg Smith have been balling their asses off since they started getting minutes.  After the last 2 games, it really feels like the Rondo experiment is succeeding.  The chemistry is getting there, and he played awesome D on Westbrook and Wall..

I was looking at the standings and...the Bucks are a .500 team. I don't see how anyone in the Knicks camp can sleep knowing the Milwaukee Bucks has more than three times as many games with a crew of nobodies. And that's a team that lost their big prospect for the season. 

I've seen a bit of them this year.

When Larry Sanders doesn't fuck it up for them, they're not too bad. Probably deserving as any of the shit stain East sides competing for 7/8. Will get swept pretty easily by whoever though..

Regardless, if I'm the Bucks, I'm extremely happy with this season.  They've already won more games than last year, and will likely improve on that next year without having to really retool anything.  Maybe improve at the 4 position if anything.

If he stays healthy I think Jabari is a good long-term solution at the 4.  The big offseason decision is what to do with Brandon Knight as he's probably played his way into a larger contract than the Bucks want to sign.  I'd like to see them turn Sanders/Ilyasova into an upgrade at the 5, but they aren't particularly desirable contracts, and I'm not sure who they would be available that they can target.

This Lebron-Reddit thing that has completely blown up my Twitter TL is either incredible, absurd, incredibly absurd, or absurdly incredible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2qxt0i/listen_to_this_link_carefully_did_lebron_say_to/?sort=top

It is all of those things. Wade to Cleveland is the most likely scenario in that I think. If basketball related.

I don't think I can come up with a more horrific backcourt than Rio and Cole in the history of the NBA. Whenever they hit the floor together it's the sounds of pigs being slaughtered. It's where Miami leads, and hope, go to die and only despair lives. It's very Lovecraftian.

I don't think I can come up with a more horrific backcourt than Rio and Cole in the history of the NBA. Whenever they hit the floor together it's the sounds of pigs being slaughtered. It's where Miami leads, and hope, go to die and only despair lives. It's very Lovecraftian.

Worst on the team for sure -12.6.  Sadly that is higher than the Sixers average. Looks like Chalmers is the Heats version of Mbah a Moute.

There is debate in Philly if the Sixers would be better off not getting the Heats pick this year. It is top 10 protected this year and next year. Unprotected the year after that. Heat could be really awful when that pick is unprotected. With Wade being a couple years older. Since that means they would have 2 top 10 picks before that happens it could keep them from completely bottoming out. At this point it certainly isn't inconceivable that they will be dropping out of the playoffs this year with a shot at keeping this years pick.

Whoops went back and checked. A couple weeks ago I said Drummond looks 20 lbs overweight. I meant Monroe. Watching the game tonight and he still does. Not a great idea when you want to earn a big money deal. Not sure what kind of money he will be getting. Pistons a lot more entertaining to watch without the bricklayer.