DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Every story coming out of Sacramento makes Ranadive sound like a micromanaging nutcase.  And he wants them to run some goofy 4-on-5 defensive scheme.  So I'm really looking forward to seeing him run the team into the ground.  

"Stauskas, Stauskas?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEN6ad_Aw-M

The guys is nuts.

What is nuts about wanting to play 4 on 5 on defense?  You can have a cherry picker just standing there getting free baskets, it's nuts that no one else has done it yet.  They fired a coach of a team that was exceeding all expectations until their best player came down with viral meningitis.  What did they expect him to do with this roster, especially without Boogie? 

The best tidbit from the Woj piece was Ranadive trying to give coaching advice based on his experience coaching his kids biddy basketball team.

I fucking love it when tech dudes think that their expertise automatically translates into other areas and they monumentally screw the pooch.

Hi, I'm your local Charlotte Hornets fan.  No I don't have anything interesting to add to the thread because my team is allergic to winning.  So um yeah you guys have fun at the big kids table.  I'll just be over here...in the corner...with Pistons fan and Knicks fan.  

I hate basketball.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm your local Charlotte Hornets fan.  No I don't have anything interesting to add to the thread because my team is allergic to winning.  So um yeah you guys have fun at the big kids table.  I'll just be over here...in the corner...with Pistons fan and Knicks fan.  

I hate basketball.

But at least you have HUGO~!~!~!~!~! The huggable loveable big blue insect!!!

• Like 1

What's nuts to me, is that Lance in Charlotte should have worked.  Great defender, lots of hustle, and a decent scorer.  Problem is, he's just not a good fit in the system they are running, and he has the mentality that he's a better player than he really is.  A bigger problem is that he's seen as toxic by most of the league.  I'm hoping they can find a way to make it work now that MKG is back.

• Like 1

Crazy ass Memphis/Spurs game.  Also, rumblings are that Rondo is going to get moved soon,and Dallas is the front runner.  Very excited for the possibilities, but NOT if it means giving up B-Wright like I keep seeing.  Yes, I value Wright over Rondo on this team.

The more I think about this Rondo deal, I'm not sure how much I like it.  Other than defense and rebounding, he'd be kind of a square peg. at least to start, and again, I'd be pissed if we lost Wright for him.  If Donnie can manage to do pick/Ledo/Felton/Smith/Jameer, then I'm all for it.

I love how Memphis took the mantle of best team in the league the past two nights. Grit'n'Grind.

I had them pegged as the team to end the Warriors streak, but I was much more impressed by the win over a rested Spurs team.  To play into triple OT, without your best defender, after playing that physical of a game against GS the night before.   Wow.

In a conference dominated by teams with great PGs, I'd give up whatever it takes to add Rondo.  Love Wright off the bench, but come on.  

Great move for the Mavs if they can work it out.

It's got very little to do with Wright as an individual player(though I'm clearly a big fan of his).  It has more to do with keeping the bench intact.  Dallas has one of the strongest benches in the league, and he's a huge piece of that.  Obviously Donnie Nelson will trade B-Wright if that is the chip that Boston wants, but that will come with a price.  Now Boston has some solid backup bigs, and if they are part of the deal, I can live with that.  I could also live with us giving up a pick or two, since Mavs have never built around drafting.

I love how Memphis took the mantle of best team in the league the past two nights. Grit'n'Grind.

I had them pegged as the team to end the Warriors streak, but I was much more impressed by the win over a rested Spurs team.  To play into triple OT, without your best defender, after playing that physical of a game against GS the night before.   Wow.

I agree that it was a really impressive and gutsy performance by Memphis. However, it should probably be noted that the Spurs didn't have Parker or Leonard for the game. So the Spurs were rested, but they were still short-handed.