DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

If you haven't seen these old tweets from NBA players you really, really need to.  Deadspin and co will run this into the ground over the next few days, but here is the original source. 

https://imgur.com/a/Nmbus

Ooooh, man:

7QUGzpQ.png

Also, for as awesome as KD's mainstream personality is, he comes off as a major tool on twitter.

Warriors opened up the season with an ugly win against the Kings. (Is there any other kind lately?) They held the Kings to a pretty horrible FG% and did an admirable job against Cousins despite limited minutes from Bogut(stomach flu) and Lee being out(hamstring.) The offense looked pretty horrible with turnover problems continuing from the preseason and probably the worst three point shooting game you'll ever see from a team with Steph and Klay. Probably the best things to take away from the game was Festus being aggressive in limited minutes and Kuzmic being passable. Not the best start for the Kerr era but a win is a win.

The Cavaliers, The Hornets, and The Lakers are the three teams I think I'm going to pay the closest attention to this season.

I don't know why I'm so fascinated with this Lakers' team, especially since I've been an admitted "hater" in the past.  The defense is such a mess that I can't look away right now.  I honestly don't think they'll be the worst team in the league (they have Kobe and some offensive weapons), but being in the West is not doing them any favors.

Just take a look their upcoming games:

Oct. 31 Los Angeles Clippers 10:30

Nov. 1 at Golden State 10:30

Nov. 4 Phoenix 10:30

Nov. 9 Charlotte 9:30

Nov. 11 at Memphis 8:00

Nov. 12 at New Orleans 8:00

Nov. 14 San Antonio 10:00

Nov. 16 Golden State 9:30

Good gracious.  Maybe they'll catch the Hornets sleeping since it's a home game?  They need those Eastern conference games to pop up.  Quick.

There's an NBATV show where these guys were asking 72 questions that everyone was asking about the next season. One guy was on the hotseat(where they rapid fire some goofy/serious questions) and they asked: "What will this year's surprise celebrity endorsement be?"

His answer? Turtlenecks.

So Barkley is just going to make broad stroke comments about who's the best at every position and at doing certain aspects of the game than actually talking about the game, right?

Anthony Davis is better than Kevin Love. Wow, that's easy! 

This has been an incredibly disjointed offensive effort by Cleveland. It's going to take them quite a while to get that cohesion but that's to be expected. How many turnovers does LeBron have so far?

Yeah, Cleveland's offense has not looked smooth.  Lebron had some bad turnovers and I think he's been a bit too out of control on too many plays in the first half.  I hope he settles down in the second half so we can get a better idea of what the Cavs offense may look like this season. 

Irving and Love have looked okay on the floor together.

Edited by _MJ_

You can see what the Cavs are going to become in about two months. Players aren't quite figuring out all the spots where they're going and there's a ton of overpassing. But look at how much motion there is off-the-ball. They're constantly doing things. This is going to look a bit like the Spurs when it's all put together.

So Barkley is just going to make broad stroke comments about who's the best at every position and at doing certain aspects of the game than actually talking about the game, right?

Anthony Davis is better than Kevin Love. Wow, that's easy! 

This has been an incredibly disjointed offensive effort by Cleveland. It's going to take them quite a while to get that cohesion but that's to be expected. How many turnovers does LeBron have so far?

Barkley won me over for calling out the networks for the excessive amount of Laker games on national TV. 

You want a really good sample of what the Mavs offense will look like this year?  Go back and watch the game with Utah tonight.

So Chicago beats New York in the first game at MSG. New York beats Cleveland in the first game in Cleveland with the returning Lebron. Tomorrow Cleveland plays us in our first game at the United Center.

We're going to lose aren't we?

• Like 1

Barkley won me over for calling out the networks for the excessive amount of Laker games on national TV. 

You want a really good sample of what the Mavs offense will look like this year?  Go back and watch the game with Utah tonight.

He certainly has a point and was his usual Chuck self in making it. He also called out Phil Jackson for throwing Fisher under the bus. Miller trying to criticize him for that until realizing how bad these Knicks are a few minutes later was pretty good TV.

I thought the Cavs looked flat and like a team that hasn't really played together. There was so much over passing in the first half, it was like no one wanted to get called out for playing outside the offense. I thought they moved fine and will find cohesion as they go on. I wouldn't be surprised if they are like 9-8 or something before playing better. I'm not worried yet.