DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Watching Bucks/Hornets.  When did Jason Maxiell get fat?  He's getting a little Fortsonian.

Bucks look better than I expected.  They're moving the ball and shooting well.  Defense is looking better, too, particularly in the paint.

He was kinda chubby when he was on The Pistons. He does look heavier now.

TAJY WOOOO!!!  Ok, but seriously....  Doug McDermott pull up 3's, D Rose being back and Thibs playing the rookies!  

TartUnitedIrrawaddydolphin.gif{

Rose didn't have a great game, but it's amazing to see how much more room everyone has when he is on the floor.  Some of these guys saw more space in this one game then they probably did all of last year.  Kirk, Dunleavy and Butler should all see a bump in 3pt% this year assuming rose stays... you know.

• Like 1

That Bucks/Hornets game was a blast.  I hope the atmosphere is like that all season.  I'll be there on 11/17 for the Mavs game, and I want it to be a looney bin.  The Bucks looked better than I expected them to.  Lance didn't score much, but everything else he did was so crucial.  Going to be a fun team

The Lakers offense this season is a true MUST watch. Kobe had an even better/more hilarious possession in the first half. He had the ball with 13 left on the shot clock at the top of the key. Nine jab steps were followed with a bunch of dribbling before he attempted a spinning fadeaway 22-foot shot. However, the shot clock went off before he could even get it off. So hysterical.

https://vine.co/v/OMF2OjKnIqm 

I've watched about three minutes of Golden State/Kings and I've seen Sacramento already receive two three-second violations.

I really cannot wait to see the Lakers versus Kings this year. That game will be absolutely brutal.

The Sixers are awful but they lack any actual talent. They still play hard and Brett Brown's a very good coach. They're trying. The Lakers and Kings don't give one crap.

Rose didn't have a great game, but it's amazing to see how much more room everyone has when he is on the floor.  Some of these guys saw more space in this one game then they probably did all of last year.  Kirk, Dunleavy and Butler should all see a bump in 3pt% this year assuming rose stays... you know.

I felt like he's learning a new game. Mixing in his 1 on1 style and using that to try and facilitate. Sounds sexy, but you know, he hasn't played in a while. There was an assist he made to Pau at the top of the key where Pau was so wide open he couldn't stop grinning at how easy it was. This is perfect for Rose because he can find his game on his own time and not have to worry about being God Mode out of the gate. Everything just feels like less of a struggle watching these guys roll together.

And DUNLEAVY playing Defense. That sly fox.

Carlos Boozer is the official tanking mascot of the Lakers. Guy's really bad. I didn't like him in Utah.

I do like Ed Davis though. Good pick-up that will get very well-paid next summer. Very surprised no contending team signed him as a 3rd big.

Man, if tonight is any indication, the Thunder are going to have it rough without Durant. NO BENCH. Westbrook came back into the 4th quarter and disappeared. I thought he was going to have 50 easily. Portland looked good but not world's better than last year good.

Watching the Lakers play is like watching a pick up team play, there's no plan at all for the half-court offense just a guy that brings the ball pass the line and then:

1. Passes to Kobe, who will go 1x1 for 20 seconds

2. If Kobe's on the bench, the "PG" will dribble around a little and try to drive to basket to hopefully pass/score.

I laughed a lot. I was also sad.

I felt like he's learning a new game. Mixing in his 1 on1 style and using that to try and facilitate. Sounds sexy, but you know, he hasn't played in a while. There was an assist he made to Pau at the top of the key where Pau was so wide open he couldn't stop grinning at how easy it was. This is perfect for Rose because he can find his game on his own time and not have to worry about being God Mode out of the gate. Everything just feels like less of a struggle watching these guys roll together.

And DUNLEAVY playing Defense. That sly fox.

LOL.  Loved the effort out of him, but poor Dunleavy didn't sign up for this 30+ minutes as the best defensive wing nonsense.  That man was tired.  Lucky for him, the Knicks seemingly had no idea on how to get Melo the ball in his spots.  

No one needs Jimmy G Buckets back for Friday more than old Mike.

Man, if tonight is any indication, the Thunder are going to have it rough without Durant. NO BENCH. Westbrook came back into the 4th quarter and disappeared. I thought he was going to have 50 easily. Portland looked good but not world's better than last year good.

To be fair, they're also missing Jackson, Morrow, and Lamb.  Getting them back should help their depth.  They could stand to sign another big, though.  Perry Jones is definitely not ready to start, though.  He was getting blown away on defense.