DVDVR Message Board

Hell In The Cell

The hyooge problem with the booking of Ambrose-Wyatt is, who loses?

Ambrose probably shouldn't lose - he's just getting hot big-time as a babyface and losing the feud would hurt his momentum.

Wyatt probably shouldn't lose after that splashy re-introduction and the fans' perception that he lost the Jericho and Cena feuds. If he loses to Ambrose, there goes what little momentum he has.

It's ok, they'll trade wins for months on end and no one will have gotten over by the time it's done.

Is it too much to ask for the mods to do the same thing they promised to do if people said they were never going to watch again when Taker lost at mania?

Aka ban them to help them keep their vow

I was fine with the finish. Watch some DDT and get back to me you crybabies

I also think a lot of you missed the point of the Wyatt promos. They were about breaking off Harper and Rowan, not changing anything about Bray. They even debuted his new solo horror insert at the end to replace the Derp

• Like 8

I didn't say there can't be a good cage match without blood and reckless spots I said the issue is WWE is still trying to sell the idea that something fucking crazy is going to happen by showing the old footage and bringing out Mick Foley..

Your exact words were "I want blood. I want a car wreck." How could they have satisfied you without those things?

Yes, I said I want a car wreck because that is how they are selling it. You don't show old footage and bring out Mick Foley to tell us all the crazy shit we are about to witness if you aren't going to pull the trigger.

Can some explain to me what Brays problem with Dean is? he's deffently not 'part of the machine' he's not 'fake' like Cena. isn't Dean just what Bray talks about...someone who thinks for himself doesn't just buy what's told to him?

If they play it right, have it that Bray sees Dean's potential.  Dean is just as crazy as Bray, probably crazier.  But he lacks direction.  Bray can be Dean's guiding hand.  And Bray gets to be the power behind Dean's full ascension to the WWE throne.

It won't go that way, but it could work if they wanted it to.

Given how "creative" Creative usually is, I'm assuming that Bray attacked Dean because he and Dean auditioned both auditioned for a part in a shampoo commercial, and Dean got it over Bray.

I really hope the reason Bray attacked Dean was because Dean stole that hot dog cart and wasted precious food that Bray could have eaten. Take the "eater of worlds" thing to a literal level and make Bray's new gimmick be wrestling's Galactus. I mean, it's been at least five years since Tommy Dreamer's been the "fat guy that eats anything" right?

• Like 2

Is it too much to ask for the mods to do the same thing they promised to do if people said they were never going to watch again when Taker lost at mania?

I was fine with the finish. Watch some DDT and get back to me you crybabies

I also think a lot of you missed the point of the Wyatt promos. They were about breaking off Harper and Rowan, not changing anything about Bray. They even debuted his new solo horror insert at the end to replace the Derp

Ban everyone that didn't like what they saw and complain about what they pay money to watch.

You're fucking amazing.  A+ for you.

• Like 3

I would LOVE this.

Here is what I am seeing:

1) THE WWE WON'T PULL THE TRIGGER ON NEW GUYS. (Except they gave the Rollins vs. Ambrose stuff the main event in a PPV and they ended about 10 straight Raws and their feud has steered the main narrative of the entire promotion since Rollins sold out. And the PPV ended with a "new guy" attacking Ambrose.)

2) ALSO, THEY WERE PULLING THE TRIGGER ON ROMAN REIGNS. But he's green and "exposed" despite a pretty great track record of being awesome in stuff.

3) BRAY WYATT UGH. There are so many opinions on Bray. Someone said Jericho went over in the feud. Uhm, no he didn't. Bray won the last match they had in a cage match that gave Jericho an injury. That feud could (and should) have been better. The highlight was Bray making Jericho bleed from his ear. In most cases, that's awesome. But Bray just had a string of months where he made Daniel Bryan (in a "half-assed" feud) join his ranks until he broke free resulting in the biggest pop of the decade, the amazing feud against The Shield, and stuff where he made Cena witness a children's choir acting at his behest. The "exposed" Bray has also been in about a half-dozen MOTYCs (and a MOTDC -- even though he was "pretty clearly the 4th best guy in the match" as someone says a lot, which makes no sense wrestling doesn't really work like that) and has been awesome.

They gave Bray vs. Bryan, Sheild vs. Wyatts and Bray vs. Cena a ridiculous amount of time. Then they gave him less time against Jericho. I wish they gave him more. They didn't. That's because Ambrose and Rollins needed the time to tell their story. It's all about adjustments.

• Like 2

Well, I just don't want anyone breaking their promises to never watch again. Plenty of others voiced their differing opinions, which is cool. Hell, they'll probably have a good discussion and continue to have one into tonight's Raw thread. You said you're done. No Raw thread for you.

I really like Gregg and his positive outlook on things but we don't need a whole board of Gregg's either.. we are here to discuss wrestling and there will be differing opinions. I'm shocked that anyone could not love rusev and Lana.

Hey, I fucking love Rusev. I've been pointing out his "really strong work at PPV's" streak for a while.

I am not worked up over the Ambrose/Bray feud.  

I am more worried about the 30 days of Brie being a handmaiden for his sister dragging out a feud longer than it needs to be.  I get the good workrate between the sisters but have no interest in watching the crude humor that will follow for the next month.

If you really want to have some uncomfortable fun with the feud; have Rosa start stalking Cena because if you watch Divas you know she is looking to nab a husband. 

I really like Gregg and his positive outlook on things but we don't need a whole board of Gregg's either.. we are here to discuss wrestling and there will be differing opinions. I'm shocked that anyone could not love rusev and Lana.

I'm fine with disagreements and criticisms of the program. But so much of it is just rote nonsense with no thought behind other than VINCE AND WRITERZ~ without any critical thought behind it. And there are plenty of things I don't like about the product right now and I freely state them. I think Sheamus is a snooze and Miz is worthless and the really talented Sandow is wasted. The Bellas are a giant waste of time, although they're better than they were, but that's like saying a NFL team won 2 games last year but 1 the year before so they're now twice as good. I wish they'd give the tag division some more room to work with. I'd like to have more Bo Dallas in my life.

I liked Ambrose/Rollins last night but their lumberjack and Raw matches were both a lot better. I dug the stretcher spots and the like but, once they got in the cage, it wasn't what I wanted. They made an interesting choice in building to the big spot at first (and Ambrose spinning kendo sticks on top of the cage and decimating the new stooges was great) and, on paper, the conclusion -- Dean's about to do what Rollins did to him with cinderblocks until GLURT -- should have worked. But it didn't really do it for me. It was close to being great but instead was just pretty good.

But you guys all need to get a grip. Like I said -- the first HITC ever ended with the demonic younger brother of a wrestling zombie interfering in a classic match in a classic rivalry. How is this different than that? You're going to stop watching the WWE now because of this ending? Really? It's really defensible -- chickenshit Rollins gets to brag for an undeserved victory. Also. Daniel Bryan did pretty well for himself last year when he got sidetracked (or "buried" in the parlance of others) by Bray. It's the same formula.

• Like 2

I haven't seen one negative thing said about Lana or Rusev. The fact he's only being built up to be fed to Cena(just like Bray) isn't a knock on him. Now if it turns out someone else gets the first win over Rusev I'll eat some crow, but as of right now I don't see anything else for Cena to do at Mania.

Hey, I fucking love Rusev. I've been pointing out his "really strong work at PPV's" streak for a while.

There have been an infinite amount of crappy anti-USA heels over the eons. Lana and Rusev are total heat magnets and the whole shtick is working. It helps that Rusev does look like an imposing unstoppable threat and has a long string of really good matches. (And, oh yeah, he's beating established guys along the way, which allegedly never, ever happens. Oh well.)

I haven't seen one negative thing said about Lana or Rusev. The fact he's only being built up to be fed to Cena(just like Bray) isn't a knock on him. Now if it turns out someone else gets the first win over Rusev I'll eat some crow, but as of right now I don't see anything else for Cena to do at Mania.

Mania is too far out to book right now.

Chances are Cena and Rusev battle at Survivor Series or Rumble.  

I would add Rosa to Miz and MIzdow as his creepy, stalkerish #1 fan.

Sure, ban us for not liking something. Who cares if it's a really solid percent of the board, and have actually given reasons why they don't like something or why they are frustrated. Please do it.

It's a challenge for people who said they're done watching the program to actually not watch the program. Very few have done this. I salute these efforts. Even if this is true, I know I'll be in the minority of people who actually enjoy watching wrestling and love talking about wrestling. I'm fine with my role. But I learned a long time ago to cut out things in my life I don't enjoy. I don't watch SNL anymore because I stopped liking it, for starters. There's so much old SNL I do love that I'd rather watch that.

Others should stop watching stuff they hate, too. It's a more productive way to live.

• Like 2