DVDVR Message Board

Hell In The Cell

Wait so your mad that the ref counted the pin after everything else that happened? Shouldn't you be more upset that the ref let the match start at all?

You have to accept blind refs in wrestling. But to utilize one moments after Tupac's hologram hypnotizes Ambrose feels a bit limp, non?

I wonder if they could go the way of "Rollins sold his soul to Wyatt in exchange for making sure he won that match." Then Wyatt can eventually find himself as an enemy of the authority. 

The only part of the show that bugged me, honestly, was Orton raking Cena's face on the cage and him not bleeding. Not that I even want blood at all. I'm fine with their never, ever being another drop. But if you're not gonna bleed, just leave that spot out.

Otherwise, Rusev's already the best WWE-produced foreign heel ever, right?

EDIT: Also, since the post above me quoted it, I can never take the dude Jay's opinions seriously when he posts the divas pics like those for every show. Makes me feel like a total creep just scrolling past.

• Like 2

Wade Barrett in the Nexus. THAT Survivor Series video..

Also, I have a bone to pick with those people who go on about how people being pissed about a dirty finish or whatever. It's been since May (?) that Rollins and Ambrose have been going back and forth. That's 5 or 6 months. Its time for a blow off. So, why couldn't they just have Dean treat Seth like a damn jobber and get attacked by Wyatt on Raw the next night?

That's some TNA shit to make a big debut or redebut on a damn PPV with no build or anything. You want people to buy the network, then tell them about this kind of shit. Youtube and other sites like it kills any reason to order replays.

I thought I remembered another WWE best 2 out of 3 falls match that only went 2 falls.  Looking it up, I found MVP over Benoit, in Benoit's last ppv match... but I'm thinking there was something else more recent than that.  Am I making that up?

At the end of the day, the purpose of the storylines is to keep you wanting more.

I'm bored. I'm frustrated.

Yeah because you have to pay them off. They know it too because they insist on doing it with Cena since it is the smart decision. I do give them credit for having Ambrose and Rollins go on last.

Wade Barrett in the Nexus. THAT Survivor Series video..

Also, I have a bone to pick with those people who go on about how people being pissed about a dirty finish or whatever. It's been since May (?) that Rollins and Ambrose have been going back and forth. That's 5 or 6 months. Its time for a blow off. So, why couldn't they just have Dean treat Seth like a damn jobber and get attacked by Wyatt on Raw the next night?

That's some TNA shit to make a big debut or redebut on a damn PPV with no build or anything. You want people to buy the network, then tell them about this kind of shit. Youtube and other sites like it kills any reason to order replays.

I meant more in the vein of hating America being your whole gimmick though. I always thought of Barrett as a heel who just happened to be from a different country. Unless he was playing that up in the video you mention, I don't remember it right off hand.

I don't count heel Bret either, even though that was an Anti-American sentiment.

I meant more in the vein of hating America being your whole gimmick though. I always thought of Barrett as a heel who just happened to be from a different country. Unless he was playing that up in the video you mention, I don't remember it right off hand.

I don't count heel Bret either, even though that was an Anti-American sentiment.

Sorry, I am just trying to justify why I still watch this shit when there's very little to care about. But here's the video:

Man, this year has gone from promising to awesome to errr.. to goddamn it. And there's still 2 months left.

I always think back to the Scott Hall quote "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

Bust someone open hardway in that cage match. Fuck it.

After hearing Batista's story about being fined $100,000 for bleeding, I'm guessing people aren't anxious to do it and ask for forgiveness later.

I wonder if this isn't just Hunter saying to Batista, “Hey, tell people we fined you some large amount of money.” A la Watts fining people publicly and then privately bonusing them the money back.

So much to like about that 10-man Survivor Series tag. Andre in his gray suit phase. Hogan leading a team of recently released criminals and former foes in Patera, Orndorff and Muraco. It all seems fueled largely on cocaine and 'roids, but everyone got huge reactions. It's as close as WWE ever got to doing a mid-80s New Japan 5-on-5 team elimination match and literally all ten guys are really good in it. Bam Bam is so fun to watch, as is seeing what One Man Gang, Orndorff, and Reed were doing in '87 just after UWF folded. Orndorff's a house on fire in this, as if trying to visibly outwork Hogan, and even Hogan takes up his game a few extra toots.

Rusev can't be the best foreign heel in however long, since he's actually one of the best faces on the roster. Fights two former world champs, wins clean, stands tall.  

This is absolutely true. I think Rusev is the best face in WWE right now, he gives no fucks and his only concern is about Lana's safety. He's like babyface Savage.

• Like 3

How often have people kicked out of Big Show's chokeslam?  I'd always thought it had been a pretty well-protected move, but I'll admit to not watching his matches that closely.

Quite a few people have kicked out of it. It's not really been heavily protected since he started doing the KO punch; it's a nearfall on a PPV matchup.

• Like 1

Weird, I actually liked the show. I thought Cena/Orton and Ziggler/Cesaro were both good. Really liked Nikki/Brie and Rusev./Show as well. The main event didn't do as much for me as I hoped, but I enjoyed it well enough until the finish. I didn't hate the finish but didn't like either.

I always think back to the Scott Hall quote "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

Bust someone open hardway in that cage match. Fuck it.

After hearing Batista's story about being fined $100,000 for bleeding, I'm guessing people aren't anxious to do it and ask for forgiveness later.

I wonder if this isn't just Hunter saying to Batista, “Hey, tell people we fined you some large amount of money.” A la Watts fining people publicly and then privately bonusing them the money back.

It was Vince, not HHH. And Jericho goes into a fair bit of detail about it and other occasions in his new book.

I can't get invested in Rusev because we all know what his end game is(hint it starts with Super and ends with Cena). That suplex to Big Show was crazy. I'd love to see Rusev against Brock.

Isn't that the point of wrestling, build up a menacing villain for the hero to eventually beat?

• Like 1

I can't get invested in Rusev because we all know what his end game is(hint it starts with Super and ends with Cena). That suplex to Big Show was crazy. I'd love to see Rusev against Brock.

I was thinking the same thing. Rusev vs. Brock would be a rather fun spectacle of clubbering.

So I was asleep during the first 2/3rd's of this PPV. I'm only pissed Ziggler/Cesaro didn't go the 2/3 falls. Whats the point of having a 2 out of 3 falls match if you don't go 2 out of 3 falls.

I woke up in time for Rusev/Big Show. I'm so conflicted for rooting for a Russian against America, but damn Rusev and Lana are so amazing. They easily would be the biggest faces in the company if they weren't against America. That suplex to Big Show was like a legit DAMN moment from me. I was surprised they didn't have Mark Henry turn his back on America. That might have been interesting.

AJ/Paige was fun. Torn lace suits Paige well. That leg trip off the barracade to the floor was nasty. I think Paige got legit knocked loopy on that.

The HIAC with Ambrose/Rollins was what it was. Would have been nice if Ambrose won before the Bray jedi stuff but its nice to see Bray with signs of life again. You figure at this point, Bray is evil for hire. That's not soo bad. It could be worse for him.

I was really looking forward to one more big run of Orton running around like a tweener viper shitting in people's bags and lone wolfing his way through the Authority and babyfaces alike on his way to Brock Lesnar but Cena vs Lesnar seems like a very fresh and interesting choice.

I've been going back and watching a lot of Jern Ceeeeee-nah's big matches over the past year or two, and I feel like he just kind of sucks in all of them. He drops D-Bry on his head with two different botches at Summerslam, I'm sick of his awful submission...

I dunno. He's like a 5 on a ten scale and I'm tired of seeing him on top calling people Jack and them gently hugging them until they tap out.

What I'm saying is that I did a sad Peanuts walk after he won tonight.