DVDVR Message Board

Hell In The Cell

The first HITC match ever ended with the demonic brother of a wrestling zombie debuting. And that character is still around today.

Bray Wyatt showing up via some parlor trick to take out a man who has talked about wanting to go to hell isn't anything that different. Bray and Dean will have awesome promos. They also had a Smackdown match this year that was off-the-charts great.

Wrestling's a soap opera. Goes from one story to the next.

God... I legitimately am starting to wonder if "overly positive guy" is just your gimmick.

It's less "overly positive guy" and more "I hate the wrestling hate hive mind."

There was plenty of stuff I didn't like on the show.

I wish there was more heat in the tag team division. The Usos and The Dust Brothers are so awesome but the feud's a snooze. And I'm fine with "YOU COST US THE TITLES!" as an angle. But there's nothing there. The Bellas getting TV time is the worst. Sheamus/Miz stinks and I'm not much of a Miz-dow fan.

• Like 1

Cesaro/Ziggler was a fine match with a ton of little details added in to make the selling and limb work go very well.  It really needed another 5-10 minutes with Cesaro getting a fall himself to add to the tension.  As much as I like Cesaro and want to see him move up the card, Ziggler has really been delivering in-ring and deserves some more time in the spotlight.

I can't stand any aspect of the Miz, but Sandow has been great in his role.  Hopefully he'll end up turning on Miz soon and get a chance to stick his head up above the lower card rung for a little while.

Cena/Orton was like a finisher overkill indy match, only involving two utterly boring guys in a match whose conclusion was rather obvious and would not lead to anything interesting.

Agreed with the initial assessment of the main event.  The double bump and delayed stretcher job just came off as really contrived and trying too hard to build up tension and shock value that just wasn't there.  If they'd saved that for about 2/3 of the way through the match, then had them continue for a few more minutes I would have bought it a little more.  I like Bray and have no problem whatsoever with putting him into a program with Ambrose, but ending the match the way they did with yet another fuck finish between the two just made the buildup to everything seem pointless.  There's no sort of resolution between Ambrose and Rollins' issues and having one guy go over clean then having Wyatt do his thing wouldn't have hurt anyone.

The Show/Russev match was a better Hoss Fight than I'd been expecting.  Mark Henry not turning heel was probably the most surprising thing about it.

• Like 1

The first HITC match ever ended with the demonic brother of a wrestling zombie debuting. And that character is still around today.

Bray Wyatt showing up via some parlor trick to take out a man who has talked about wanting to go to hell isn't anything that different. Bray and Dean will have awesome promos. They also had a Smackdown match this year that was off-the-charts great.

God... I legitimately am starting to wonder if "overly positive guy" is just your gimmick.

I wish there was more heat in the tag team division. The Usos and The Dust Brothers are so awesome but the feud's a snooze. And I'm fine with "YOU COST US THE TITLES!" as an angle. But there's nothing there. The Bellas getting TV time is the worst. Sheamus/Miz stinks and I'm not much of a Miz-dow fan.

You know why the "Hive Mind" hates it Gregg, because we don't love everything Creative does.  You know why, because we spent 30, 40, 50 years watching as much of this crap as we can get ahold of, for decades.   You know how much Creative watched... NONE.  Its in the advert for the position, NO WRESTLING KNOWLEDGE PERFERRED.  

So when we see the only game in town continually screwing up crap that shit little Indy bookers in bumshit Indiana can book properly, its getting pretty rage inducing.

• Like 7

So many people are mad because the good guy didn't win.

And they say kayfabe is dead.

I get the meta-aspect to it. Wyatt wasn't over as a heel, so let's have him fuck over somebody who people really like - then he can be a heel.

The Wyatt character is fucking stupid though. He actually has super-powers. Talk about jumping the holographic shark.

• Like 1

I always think back to the Scott Hall quote "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission."

Bust someone open hardway in that cage match. Fuck it.

After hearing Batista's story about being fined $100,000 for bleeding, I'm guessing people aren't anxious to do it and ask for forgiveness later.

Here's my thing. If the company is trying to sell me on the value of getting the network, shouldn't they, I don't know, NOT finish PPVs with bullshit finishes that make the shows seem like a regular non PPV show? Or maybe convince me it's even worth watching your programming when you are going to be doing the exact same thing 6 months from now, with "your guys" in a high level spot, vervet though they've been there for a decade or more. If your product never changes, it gets stale really really fast. And this company's booking is beyond stale.

Hell in a Cell, the most overrated gimmick match of all time. What a waste.

Elimination Chamber says hello

EC was one of the best matches of the year though.

I did really hate jbl and Cole saying they had never seen the aa into rKo counter before when it was in the video package before the match. Not even getting started on then having never seen a hiac start on top of the cage before discussion.

• Like 1

Can some explain to me what Brays problem with Dean is? he's deffently not 'part of the machine' he's not 'fake' like Cena. isn't Dean just what Bray talks about...someone who thinks for himself doesn't just buy what's told to him?

Bray and Dean were the catalyst for the Shied/Wyatt feud.  They always paired off.

You know why the "Hive Mind" hates it Gregg, because we don't love everything Creative does.  You know why, because we spent 30, 40, 50 years watching as much of this crap as we can get ahold of, for decades.   You know how much Creative watched... NONE.  Its in the advert for the position, NO WRESTLING KNOWLEDGE PERFERRED.  

So when we see the only game in town continually screwing up crap that shit little Indy bookers in bumshit Indiana can book properly, its getting pretty rage inducing.

Good fucking god, all of this.

Can some explain to me what Brays problem with Dean is? he's deffently not 'part of the machine' he's not 'fake' like Cena. isn't Dean just what Bray talks about...someone who thinks for himself doesn't just buy what's told to him?

If they play it right, have it that Bray sees Dean's potential.  Dean is just as crazy as Bray, probably crazier.  But he lacks direction.  Bray can be Dean's guiding hand.  And Bray gets to be the power behind Dean's full ascension to the WWE throne.

It won't go that way, but it could work if they wanted it to.

Bray and Dean were the catalyst for the Shied/Wyatt feud.  They always paired off.

I appreciate the effort, but that's grasping at straws. There's really no reason for the Ambrose/Wyatt feud.

I appreciate the effort, but that's grasping at straws. There's really no reason for the Ambrose/Wyatt feud.

Well, how it usually works with things like this is A attacks B and then at the next available moment A explains his motives for doing so.

I actually was digging the first hour or so of the show. The opener with Dolph and Cesaro was fantastic and I also really liked the Brie-Nikki match. The Bellas get shit on by the Shimmer-type fans because they're Divas and reality stars or whatever but they've actually worked hard to become good wrestlers. I got the impression the Paige-AJ match was cut for time but the Bellas match totally smoked theirs in my opinion.

Anyway, it was pretty decent up until the Cena-Orton snoozefest. That match reminded me of the Taker-HHH Mania match I hate where they just did a goofy finisher-kick out - finisher kick out pattern until setting up the finish. That's by far my least favorite match layout. After that, I don't think the show ever got back on track for me. 

I don't care about Dean getting the win per se I just don't get the direction/story they're trying to tell. If anything, Dean should be the type of guy Bray is cool with because he doesn't pander like Cena and isn't a corporate stooge like Orton/Seth. Plus I'm just kinda down on the fact it's the same Bray - I liked the gimmick but after Cena killed his heat dead, he needed something to make him interesting again. A Holographic Leia Lantern isn't what I had in mind.

But there's really no one else for him to feud with, unless you want him to feud with Kane.